• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

I really like the look of White Kyurem. Black Kyurem? Eh, it'll grow on me.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

Kyukuro looks too buff, that's its issue. Kyushiro on the other hand has the wings almost like armblades, and those are always awesome. Also How does BW2 sound for the abbreviation of this gen?

Just as I thought, BW 2 is already being judged quickly because I'm talking to someone who is enrages about no third version and how GF is breaking their tradition, even though the majority of you guys loved it.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Games to be released this J

Yay!

Can't wait

I cannot believe the amount of people I've seen comment on game news sites about this complaining and complaining about how it's not for the 3DS...
I even saw one comment from a rager who went absolutely OFF HIS NUT because the titles had a "2" in it and "this has NEVER happened before!" He proceeded to bag Nintendo, the DS, and swear off the Pokémon franchise forever... which is quite the rant considering all he had to go off was the system it was for and the TITLE...

GameFreak is most likely planning to have Generation 6 be the debut of Pokémon on the 3DS.
The reason these games were developed for the DS is most likely because:
1) It would give GameFreak *a lot* more development time, and opportunity to correct any gameplay flaws present in the original Black & White.
2) Not everyone who owns a DS has made (or can afford to make) the upgrade to the 3DS. If it was on the 3DS, it would mean they'd lose that part of the market. However, everyone who owns a 3DS is perfectly capable of playing a DS game on that system. It just reaches more players this way.
3) Upgrading to the 3DS this soon would have the same issue that Diamond & Pearl Versions did. When they were released, they played just like a GBA Pokémon game, and until the release of HeartGold/SoulSilver, GameFreak was inexperienced with taking advantage of the secondary screen. As a result, Generation IV was much closer to a "Generation 3.5", and served as an 'experimental gen' for the DS's capabilities. Black & White were GameFreak's *true* DS Pokémon games, taking full advantage of the secondary screen and WiFi/wireless abilities. If they were to put Black 2 and White 2 on the 3DS, those games would also lack proper development, and when Gen 6 comes out with all of its shiny new stuff for the 3DS, fans would ask "Why was this not in Black 2/White 2?"
So which would you prefer? A brilliant Pokémon DS game OR a slack and rushed 3DS one?

For those who have been paying attention, it comes as no real surprise that GameFreak was planning to have the main series of Generation V begin and end on the DS.

For those ones who are fretting about their 3DS's being a waste of money: you CAN play Black 2 and White 2 on your 3DS, and anyway, you will not have to wait very long for true Pokémon made for and on the 3DS. Calm down. :p

I'm surprised about one thing; My prediction of not only two Kyurem formes, but Kyurem formes that were basically fusions of Kyurem and Reshiram and Kyurem and Zekrom were all correct:
Kyurem R-Forme by ~Bowser-The-King on deviantART
Kyurem Z-Forme by ~Bowser-The-King on deviantART
Sure, Game Freak did a more stylized approach to the idea, but I cannot believe I made the correct prediction like that. When it came to my Fakemon I've actually been trying to mimic Ken's design style, which to me is the exact opposite of what everyone else would go for, hence I designed two different formes like those two. I was SPEECHLESS to find out how correct I was, and not only that, but also how detailed and complex the designs were. I suppose these set the new limit to the supposed "detail limit" I try to look to when designing my Fakemon.

I love how now even the third game comes in two versions, what an ingenious way to make more money. I am surprised they didn't think of this sooner.

I wonder how this will turn out~

Well, that's pretty interesting I have to say. Pretty excited that there are two games now, and I hope they think of a better name for the US release. Pokemon has been pretty creative with sequel names up to this point. Oh, and better change it from "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" before people call racist. Why couldn't they make it for the 3DS too, though? That means I still have to wait to see Flamethrower coming through my screen:(. Overall, I can't wait to see a little more about them.

The mere possibility of these games being direct sequels instead of just a typical 3rd version is just pure awesomeness. What's more surprising to me is that these games are being released in June instead of around September. But hey, the earlier the better... I'm totally psyched for this.:yahoo: And I think both Kyurem forms look awesome... I'm really curious on what dual-types they're going to have, though. Would they just completely take out the Dragon-typing and replace them with the Fire/Ice and Electric/Ice or what? Or would they both remain to be Ice/Dragon types?

My only question is this... which one would I get, though? I have Black Version, so which one would be the sequel to Black?

Well, that's pretty interesting I have to say. Pretty excited that there are two games now, and I hope they think of a better name for the US release. Pokemon has been pretty creative with sequel names up to this point. Oh, and better change it from "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" before people call racist. Why couldn't they make it for the 3DS too, though? That means I still have to wait to see Flamethrower coming through my screen:(. Overall, I can't wait to see a little more about them.
Ummm... I highly doubt that they will change the names for the English release :/

And I think both Kyurem forms look awesome... I'm really curious on what dual-types they're going to have, though. Would they just completely take out the Dragon-typing and replace them with the Fire/Ice and Electric/Ice or what? Or would they both remain to be Ice/Dragon types?

My only question is this... which one would I get, though? I have Black Version, so which one would be the sequel to Black?
That's my guess, Black Kyurem being Electirc\Ice and White Kyurem being Fire\Ice.

Well, seeing how if you get Black you catch Reshi and Zek is the one you catch in White, and Black Kyurem is in Black and White Kyurem is in White.... Maybe the sequel to Black Version would be White 2 Version? I don't really know xD But I'm going to get Black 2 Version because I got White :B

I love how now even the third game comes in two versions, what an ingenious way to make more money. I am surprised they didn't think of this sooner.

1. It's not a "third game", it's a sequel (or at least, seems to be, until we get more info...), and I didn't see anyone complaining about GS being a pair of games
2. No one forces you or anyone else to buy both - it's enough to buy one version and if you REALLY so want the few exclusive Poké of the other version, with WiFi it's easier than over to solve this
3. Stop complaining about everything without any logical reason, and this goes to anyone who dares to complain about this... they FINALLY try to do something else, something new, something different... would people seriously prefer them repeating the same endless repetetive predictable loop?...

Anyway, here are a few random ideas I thought that they might do in a-few-years-later Unova:
- Iris being the permament Gym Leader
- Drayden becoming the new Champion while Adler will be found somewhere else like Steven in Emerald (remember they do love having dragon type Champions)
- If above about Drayden happens and with Cynthia already being there in BW, maybe some appearance from Lance too, to feature all dragon Champions
- The hero and/or heroine of BW appearing in some role and battling you, similary to Red in GSC
- Unova having older Pokémon all over permamently from the very beginning of the game (remember - at the end of BW's plot, older Poké started to appear regularly, so it makes sense they'll be common by BW2's time, assuming it does take place a few years after BW)
- Possibly more Gym Leaders and/or Elite Four changes
- All past characters having new designs/clothes/look older similar to what happened with GSC
- And that's probably unlikely, but if Kyurem does do some kind of "fusion" to get to its new forms / turn into new Pokémon (cause it's still not clear if they're counted as forms or new Poké) then I wonder if maybe there will be a few more Poké (not a lot, just specific ones...) that will be able to do a "fusion" like that too, giving us a little amount of new forms / new Pokémon in these games, even before the next gen games arrive
- I don't know how likely this is either, but I wish they bring back the "Pokémon walking after you" thing and try to further develope it than how it was in HGSS
Well, that's all for now...

Oh, and better change it from "Black Kyurem" and "White Kyurem" before people call racist.

How is it racist? We went through this when BW was revealed; it wasn't racist then and it isn't racist now.

Guys these games aren't a third version split into two. They're not going to combine elements of Black and White and come up with a fused storyline with its own unique elements. It a completely new storyline that's take place AFTER Black and White. Were just not sure how long yet. RSE remakes and Grey may very well still happen in the future. Depends on how long they decide to make this Gen and on what happens in these new games.

Personally, i'd like if this new story takes place a few years in the future and were able to somehow link our original Black or White game to it and we can battle our original player character who'll use our original team. :cool:

Though I expect to see Hilbert/Hilda one way or the other.

@Blitzle I agree :|

@KPTitan I think I take back what I said, after doing some chatting it will probably go like this.
(assuming it's a sequel)
Seeing how you have Black you got Reshi and N has Zek, in Black 2 version Black Kyurem is the mascot.
N has Zekrom (you having Reshi), something crazy happens and Kyurem fuses with N's Zek. N looses control
you come save the day and catch it.

So I guess if you have Black maybe the proper sequel to get would be Black 2 same with White.

^That's how it appears. Depending on how long after the originals these games take place, the two dragons might still be captured. Reshiram (Zekrom) by Hilbert/Hilda and Zekrom (Reshiram) by N. If you played White and caught Zekrom the proper sequel should be White 2 where you can now gain Kyurem/Reshiram, probably N will appear and lose his dragon or something. And the same goes for those who played Black.

But, erm, you can trade online now?

Brilliant. After having played through every generation, BW have to be my favourite of the Pokemon games, so it's good to see that they're not just altering it here and there and re-releasing it, but they're actually expanding on the original story (which, in my opinion, was the best).

I thinks it's very possible for these games to revisit the Hoenn region. First, there are ruby/sapphire type textures on the logos for BW2 and there are usually 5 games max per gen, so they might visit Hoenn in these two games and remake only one game after them (Emerald).
Although those two statements aren't much proof, N flew away over seas on Reshiram/Zekrom to some far away place at the end of BW, which is likely to be Hoenn since it's the only region not on DS somehow already and it couldn't be a new region because it's still only in Gen 5, aswell as there might being some place in Hoenn where Reshiram/Zekrom can be fused back with its original body (Kyurem) that I've forgotten about.

Can people please stop this ridiculousness about the red and blue colors in BW2's logo? Just how desperate can people be? It's OBVIOUSLY, for a fact, as clear as it can be, that the colors represent Reshiram and Zekrom's fire and electricity... seriously... anyone saying there's even 1% it represents anything else is just in denial and desperately tries to forcefully find hints to RS
I wish people would focus on speculating about what can be done with a future Unova (like I tried to do before) rather than insist on remakes/revisits... from the little we know so far, it seems more likely than anything to just be Unova a few years after the original BW's events - all the Hoenn talk is just so... random...

Has anyone else noticed that BW2's release is timed just right so Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect will all be distributed after it's released?

To me that implies those small events in BW1 were just consolations for whoever hasn't gotten BW2. Maybe this time we'll actually be able to catch them...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom