• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

I'm gonna buy one of them. I think they'll still be fun, and I don't care about and "fusion" dragons or whatever. You know why I'm excited? Because, it's still new Pokemon games.

Re: Pokémon Black and White 2 revealed on Pokémon Smash!: Game Freak director Masuda

I said this back on a post about the "third version" of b/w but i was hoping for something like hg/ss, two years in the future of b/w, eight new gyms, maybe on the east side of unova, access to first eight after game completion.

Can people please stop this ridiculousness about the red and blue colors in BW2's logo? Just how desperate can people be? It's OBVIOUSLY, for a fact, as clear as it can be, that the colors represent Reshiram and Zekrom's fire and electricity... seriously... anyone saying there's even 1% it represents anything else is just in denial and desperately tries to forcefully find hints to RS
I wish people would focus on speculating about what can be done with a future Unova (like I tried to do before) rather than insist on remakes/revisits... from the little we know so far, it seems more likely than anything to just be Unova a few years after the original BW's events - all the Hoenn talk is just so... random...
It's not random. I admit that the whole red and blue colours on the logo thing is just a stab in the dark, and on its own is just trying to find anything possible for evidence of Hoenn in BW2, but there's more to it than that.
I actually hope that BW2 doesn't revisit Hoenn (I never really cared for that region), and it's definitely going to be set in Unova, but there is a chance that it will somehow be related to Hoenn in some way, even if it doesn't mean actively visiting it at some point, because since Gen 5 is all about revolutionising Pokemon and BW2 is the "3rd version" in this gen done differently than ever before, why not do the remakes in this gen (if there are any) differently than ever before?

And the point of speculation is that, at this early stage of the game's reveal, people explore every possibility of the game because of the fact that we have so little information, not in spite of it, so as more information is revealed, we can expand on previous theories of the game that become more likely and cross off the ones we know definitely aren't true.

Anyway, on the topic of Unova, I hope the airport can actually be used for transport (possibly to some other region/islands). Also, since this is a sequel, the protagonists will probably have to be new characters in order for the player to start off with nothing.

Can people please stop this ridiculousness about the red and blue colors in BW2's logo? Just how desperate can people be? It's OBVIOUSLY, for a fact, as clear as it can be, that the colors represent Reshiram and Zekrom's fire and electricity... seriously... anyone saying there's even 1% it represents anything else is just in denial and desperately tries to forcefully find hints to RS
I wish people would focus on speculating about what can be done with a future Unova (like I tried to do before) rather than insist on remakes/revisits... from the little we know so far, it seems more likely than anything to just be Unova a few years after the original BW's events - all the Hoenn talk is just so... random...
It's not random. I admit that the whole red and blue colours on the logo thing is just a stab in the dark, and on its own is just trying to find anything possible for evidence of Hoenn in BW2, but there's more to it than that.
I actually hope that BW2 doesn't revisit Hoenn (I never really cared for that region), and it's definitely going to be set in Unova, but there is a chance that it will somehow be related to Hoenn in some way, even if it doesn't mean actively visiting it at some point, because since Gen 5 is all about revolutionising Pokemon and BW2 is the "3rd version" in this gen done differently than ever before, why not do the remakes in this gen (if there are any) differently than ever before?

And the point of speculation is that, at this early stage of the game's reveal, people explore every possibility of the game because of the fact that we have so little information, not in spite of it, so as more information is revealed, we can expand on previous theories of the game that become more likely and cross off the ones we know definitely aren't true.

Anyway, on the topic of Unova, I hope the airport can actually be used for transport (possibly to some other region/islands). Also, since this is a sequel, the protagonists will probably have to be new characters in order for the player to start off with nothing.

The red and blue were obviously Reshiram and Zekrom's tail engine. It was so blatantly obvious anything else would be moronic.

But if it's a sequel...would it still be possible for me to carry over my beloved Samurott?

Yes, no one has brought up compatiblity with B/W 1. I suppose since they are all DS games that they'd be compatible for trading/battling minus Black Kyurem/White Kyurem which are absent in B1/W1. You never know though.

But if it's a sequel...would it still be possible for me to carry over my beloved Samurott?

GSC/HGSS are the sequel to RGBY/FRLG
So no, it's a sequel in the sense that it's happening in the same region, with the same characters, a few years later
So we'd probably have new hero/heroine/rivals, but will be able to meet all other Unova characters like Juniper, the Gym Leaders, etc... and possibly even meet/battle the original BW's hero/heroine/rivals, similary to GSC/HGSS letting us battle Red and Blue, the original games' hero and rival

The red and blue were obviously Reshiram and Zekrom's tail engine. It was so blatantly obvious anything else would be moronic.
Hence the phrase "a stab in the dark" and almost everything else in my post. :rolleyes:

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY HAPPINESS, IT'S PAARFECTO! IT'S ALIVE! IT'S JOYOUS AND JUBILOUS!

OMA, these two forms look Awesome, finnaly Kyurem gets his respect! It's so beatiful, and i won't need a 3DS, i thought my Pokémon Trainer career was coming to a close... THANK YOU MASUDA!

WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS MY HAPPINESS, IT'S PAARFECTO! IT'S ALIVE! IT'S JOYOUS AND JUBILOUS!

OMA, these two forms look Awesome, finnaly Kyurem gets his respect! It's so beatiful, and i won't need a 3DS, i thought my Pokémon Trainer career was coming to a close... THANK YOU MASUDA!

Looks like Reshiram and Zekrom have become eglaciated, eh?

Ehehe, words couldn't contain my Nerdgasm ^_^

Ehehe, words couldn't contain my Nerdgasm ^_^

At least with these we have all the info we need about it when it's released in Japanese. No extra wait for Pokemon name localizations to be on the edge of our seats for. Any plot changes will be known full-on in less than 4 months!

It would be cool if there was a mode that instead of starting as a beginer you can import your team directly from BW and all trainer levels in game increase by 40 or 50 to reflect its not a brand new start, and any references to you being a newb etc could be a small change to being your experienced.

It would be cool if there was a mode that instead of starting as a beginer you can import your team directly from BW and all trainer levels in game increase by 40 or 50 to reflect its not a brand new start, and any references to you being a newb etc could be a small change to being your experienced.

That would be good to add to the effect of continuing on the story, but to be honest lots of people will have their Pokemon at lv100 or thereabouts, so even with the other trainers' levels being raised you'd still always be higher or at the same level as them. It'll probably be a new character as the protagonist in this one, and since it'll be set after the events of BW, maybe it'll be like GS where you battle the protagonist of the last game, which would be Hilda, Hilbert or both at the same time (I think that's what their names are) in this case.

I don't this is going to be a sequel in the sense that gsc was a sequel to rby. This is just going to be the third version: same characters, same time frame, pretty much the same story (obviously it will have it's twists, but I imagine through most of the first half of the game it will be the same). The games need to be split though because of the differences in BW - it keeps them from having to combine the black city and white forest, or redoing Opelucid city into a natural looking modern environment. I don't see why these have do be after the first BW games with a new story and gym leaders and whatever else. If it's a followup, then they have to do a lot of explaining as far as getting team plasma back in or introducing a new villain team, and they have to put Reshiram/Zekrom/ and Kyurem back in their places in the wild, since N has one and Hilbert/Hilda (or whatever) has the other two. I'm really just expecting a new playthrough in Unova, fighting team plasma again, challenging the same gym leaders and elite 4, but having a reworked challenge of N and Ghetis in the end. And no Hoenn and definitely no Kanto, but maybe an appearance by Oak.

I don't this is going to be a sequel in the sense that gsc was a sequel to rby. This is just going to be the third version: same characters, same time frame, pretty much the same story (obviously it will have it's twists, but I imagine through most of the first half of the game it will be the same). The games need to be split though because of the differences in BW - it keeps them from having to combine the black city and white forest, or redoing Opelucid city into a natural looking modern environment. I don't see why these have do be after the first BW games with a new story and gym leaders and whatever else. If it's a followup, then they have to do a lot of explaining
To be honest, it won't be that hard to explain.
as far as getting team plasma back in or introducing a new villain team
They got Team Rocket back in GS, didn't they? And this time it's even easier since there are many old Team Plasma members still out there- N being one of them.
and they have to put Reshiram/Zekrom/ and Kyurem back in their places in the wild, since N has one and Hilbert/Hilda (or whatever) has the other two.
Well, it'll probably act like Kyurem was never caught in the first place since it wasn't part of the main storyline in BW, and I'm guessing you don't need to catch the other two in BW2 since Kyurem might just change forms when holding the light/dark stone, or, since the mascots for BW are of Kyurem mixed with N's legendary from the first version of that colour, N will probably mix his own legendary with Kyurem or summat, trying to restore the original dragon thing.

Hah, this looks so awesome! 8D It doesn't matter if it's not on the 3DS, even if I know I'm getting one for my birthday. I so can't wait to learn more! Characters, especially player characters, are what I'm concerned about right now! Yee!

Piplup said:
Can people please stop this ridiculousness about the red and blue colors in BW2's logo? Just how desperate can people be?

Remember the HGSS speculation that went on before they were announced? "LOOK AT THE PARK BALLS IN DP THEY'RE GOLD SILVER AND BLUE IN THE MIDDLE" or "LOOK AT THE POKEBALL ON THE FLOOR OF THE POKEMON CENTER, GOLD AND SILVER!!!1!"

Guess what eventually came out? Exactly. If those people can make crazy "hints" out of things like that, why can't we do the same for possible future RSEmakes?

Hah, this looks so awesome! 8D It doesn't matter if it's not on the 3DS, even if I know I'm getting one for my birthday. I so can't wait to learn more! Characters, especially player characters, are what I'm concerned about right now! Yee!

Piplup said:
Can people please stop this ridiculousness about the red and blue colors in BW2's logo? Just how desperate can people be?

Remember the HGSS speculation that went on before they were announced? "LOOK AT THE PARK BALLS IN DP THEY'RE GOLD SILVER AND BLUE IN THE MIDDLE" or "LOOK AT THE POKEBALL ON THE FLOOR OF THE POKEMON CENTER, GOLD AND SILVER!!!1!"

Guess what eventually came out? Exactly. If those people can make crazy "hints" out of things like that, why can't we do the same for possible future RSEmakes?

Also the red and blue logos werent used in the original, why the sudden idea to say hey, lets add some red and blue to the logos??? Why do they do that? Why do they then also mention in BW that N was seen flying to another region? If these are true sequels, then I assume N will be involved, and you will need to go meet him, so even if it's predominantly Unova, your likely going to have to visit another region as well.

People don't seem to understand that the 3DS is a DS, only with better 3D graphics, games, and features. And here in the US, it's the same price as a DSi XL, iirc.

If these are true sequels, then I assume N will be involved, and you will need to go meet him, so even if it's predominantly Unova, your likely going to have to visit another region as well.

This, this, this, this, and this! But I think if you do visit another region, it will be Kanto. Why? Because they always have Kanto in every generation, remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom