• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Black and white previews

Sweenix

Melodies Of Life
Reaction score
I never understood why the Us Version of Pokemon never showed previews of the next episode'' it would show fans if the next episode was worth watching which would be a good for there ratings instead of a guess episode not knowing what will happen [unless if you watch the raw]

do you think tcpi will finally show previews of the coming episodes of Pokemon once black and white starts" i don't ever recall! being previews of Pokemon ever'' not even in the original series

I'm guessing the reason Previews aren't included with the dubbed episodes is because of the shorter running time the show gets outside Japan as well as being seen as expandable cuts. I have heard certain other shows get end-of-episode previews removed from international airings to fit in more advertisement time.

Additionally, there was a time when CN ran dailies covering which episode would air that day. I think I remember some during the beginning of the DP saga, but it also could've been for the Battle Frontier season. It's been too long for me to recall clearly.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the reason Previews aren't included with the dubbed episodes is because of the smaller running time the show gets outside Japan as well as being seen as expandable. I have heard certain other shows get end-of-episode previews removed from international airings to fit in more advertisement time.

Additionally, there was a time when CN ran dailies covering which episode would air that day. I think I remember some during the beginning of the DP saga, but it also could've been for the Battle Frontier season. It's been too long for me to recall clearly.

yes but when the credits start to roll and they advertise a show? couldn't they advertise the next episode?

It'll make the episode longer... and if they'd stick it to the credits, well, I doubt they'd be able to fit the whole Japanese preview, I think it's longer than English credits... also, even if it fits or they'd make new preview, half screen credits + half screen preview, not to mention the whole credits screen usually turns into a small window or covered by banners for commercials, etc.... so yeah... it can't be during the credits and it can't be after the ep itself cause it'd make it longer
There's no reason to really expect anything to change

As much as I agree that Pokemon needs more commercial exposure, I don't think they'll do it this way.

I'm guessing the reason Previews aren't included with the dubbed episodes is because of the shorter running time the show gets outside Japan as well as being seen as expandable cuts. I have heard certain other shows get end-of-episode previews removed from international airings to fit in more advertisement time.

That would be it. After all, when the AnimeCentral channel was still alive, they cut the episode previews of all their shows. When Fullmetal Alchemist first aired on RaptureTV, they shortened the ending themes instead.

I doubt they ever will, even if the current system for commericials in North America changed.

What would be nice is if they dubbed the previews for countries who don't have such a strict system and have generally shorter commerical breaks but I'm not going to think of that as possible any time soon, if ever.

Though previews may not be necessary, I wouldn't mind seeing them. I usually get pumped when previews appear for shows I watch.

In a way, though, it's good that previews don't show. They sometimes spoil events that occur in the next episode.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom