• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Box system

Oswin

Reaction score
Just because I'm curious/nosey, what are your opinions/ideas about the Pokemon storage system?

How do you store your Pokemon?

I like to store mine in numerical order and I like to have one of each Pokemon. I also like to keep the original art too.

How do you think Pokemon are stored in the box? Like in the Anime where they are Oak's Corral, or just trapped indefinitely in cyber space?

I store them in boxes that fit them, like Sandslash in the desert box, and I store them in National Dex order. Also, I give them specific markings depending on what they look like.

I store them in boxes that fit them, like Sandslash in the desert box, and I store them in National Dex order. Also, I give them specific markings depending on what they look like.

I never thought of doing it like that really... sounds cool, but what if you run out of room?

I store them by level groups (1-9, 10-19, etc.) (multiple boxes if there are several at that level), and with the following boxes as well:

- Evolve (multiple boxes containing all the pokemon I need to evolve)
- Fossils (extra fossils from guy in Twist Mountain) (BW only)
- Stones (pokemon I need to evolve by stoning evolutionary stones)
- Trades (pokemon I need to trade to evolve or pokemon that I need to trade to people)
- Useful (my team at the time + HM slaves)

I keep one box for the Pokémon that I plan on using on my team. The rest I just assort randomly.

I just keep them in whatever order they were put in there, but I do change the backgrounds. I would organize them by type if I weren't so lazy.

I organize them by type. I also have a box for legendaries and in Gen IV, an Unown box.

In gen III I used to store them by type. but I it was hard because all of the types wouldn't fit in one box. When gen IV came along, I would catch a Pokemon and then breed it or catch a few of them so I could have all forms of each one and I would put them in the boxes in national Pokedex order. Bulbasaur would be in box one :) If there were different forms, I would put them in the last box because there was always an extra.
In gen V I put all forms together and save the last extra box for shinies and special ones.

I arrange them by type, each box gets an unique wallpaper that suits the type, and then I have one last box named "Random"

My boxes are:
-Main guys (teams, EV trained, etc.)
-Trades
-Rares
-then the rest are random

I sort by type, except for legends and events that get their own boxes.

-Important Box, where I store my level 100s, shiny, event, and original team. Oh, and HM slave.
-Ditto Box, where I have my ~15 Ditto I caught for the sole purpose of breeding.
-Munna Box, with all 23 Munna I caught for their Synchronize ability.
-Starters and Fossil; every starters from every game (except Pikachu, Eevee etc), and every fossil from every generation.
-The rest are just random Pokémon I caught to complete my Pokédex.

I have two boxes always open. One keeps my region-based teams (6 from each region they originated in), and the other is where I put my Pokemon I use in tournaments.

The rest, I just throw random Pokemon into.

I don't really have a certain way to store them. In Pearl, I stored them by generation, but not by number. I put the legendaries in their own box, as well as the Eeveelutions. I plan on doing something similar in White, when I get the chance.

I keep my main team in front and then by national pokedex number to keep it in Order.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom