• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Box

Got Box?

• Yes

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • No

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
It's little more than a large storage system and yet was a surprise hit when released in Japan. The translation, on the other hand, is harder to locate.

I bought a copy online and it has come in useful for me. Mainly, it avoids the hastle of trading many Pokémon between versions. I am hoping that trading to D/P will be just as hastle-free.

The storage system does, though only Ruby and Sapphire can be played on the TV through Pokémon Box.

I voted no, but I did have it...

That is, until it got stolen (along with my other GameCube games) on the way to Kansas City. I feel even MORE stupid that I play my GBA games on my DS and the DS isn't compatible with the GameCube.

Worst yet, I can't find another copy. :complain:

Delcatty you know you can order it from the nintendo site right?

So, can you swap pokemon from one game to the other without having to beat it...like Emerald ->Box -> Leaf Green

To transfer from one game to the other, the game you're sending to must have 100 Pokemon caught in the dex.

I've had it since NOE put it up on the Stars Catalogue and it's been pretty useful. It's certainly A LOT easier than trading at any rate - I definitely hope that we will see, if possible, a DS one. I don't see why they couldn't release a GBA Cart for it to use with D/P - and maybe even connect up with Box R/S for all-round wholesome goodness.

Maverynthia said:
Delcatty you know you can order it from the nintendo site right?
Actually... no. I tried going to the Pokemon Center website. :sweatlol:
*goes to Nintendo.com to check*

I coulda swore I saw it still available a couple of months ago...:/ Maybe they took it off... :(

I had it, bought it cheap, sold it on eBay within hours..... just didn't see the point in keeping it.

I questioned getting it but in the end it didn't seem like it would be all that useful. if I had it I'd probably say something totally different.

I have it. My friend got me it for my 17th Birthday (which was last year). I had no idea he was getting that, and he said that his parents were just shopping online, and they got one for him and one for me because it was for my birthday. That's one birthday present I won't forget. :p

I have it. ^_^ It goes for $150ish on eBay, so I'm really, really glad I grabbed it when I had the chance.

It hasn't been available from Nintendo for at least a YEAR now... it's going to end up being one of, if not THE rarest Gamecube game.

To do that it would had to have received only a limited release in one country.

As it is, it's been released worldwide in quite decent amounts. Games like Giftpia, however, have been stuck in Japan where they would have rather quickly been replaced by more mainstream titles.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom