• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Breeding, Hatching and Daycare Changes?

Random idea, but you should be able to draw on your egg (with the stylus), or put stickers on it or something, lol. Even if all the eggs were the same, that could make them look different for novelty's sake, and also so you could identify them when you have a bunch of eggs in a box, because otherwise there isn't anyway to tell which is which.

Random idea, but you should be able to draw on your egg (with the stylus), or put stickers on it or something, lol. Even if all the eggs were the same, that could make them look different for novelty's sake, and also so you could identify them when you have a bunch of eggs in a box, because otherwise there isn't anyway to tell which is which.

I am guilty of shelving eggs and not remembering who's who.

I'm going to throw in another "make it easier to controls IV's"

Breeding pokemon is really unfun, I've got millions of boxes of baby pokemon from breeding (mostly for nature, because IV is just too much a pain to check for and try to pass down while at the same time having to fight with RNG). I know it's supposed to be some sort of dedication thing, but it's really just a painful uber grind that requires outside resources to do effectively (IV calculators).

You can use the Marking system to mark the eggs right? I never tried, but then again I've never used the Marking system. Even then I suppose you'd need to have a written note (on paper or an app) to remember what symbols correspond to what Pokémon though.

Inb4 Day Care is available post-game.

I'd like an incubator where they hatch the eggs for you. Then they can call you when you're away and you can nickname them from a distance.

Yeah, I'd love this! We just drop the eggs in the incubator, and when they hatched, the people running the service would call us about nicknaming it and then the new hatchlings would go straight into our PC.

I just want them to shorten the dialogue after you received your first egg. Yeah, the first time can be all the "mysterious" stuff, but after that I'd like to see "We found your Pokemon holding another egg! I suppose you want it, yes?" Something short and sweet when you have to do constant breeding.

Yes please!!! This could go for a lot of things. Nurse Joys don't need to give me a long spiel before and after a healing. After the first time a "the usual?" and "all done! Thanks!" would suffice.

I also like the idea of an incubating service. I'd even be willing to pay a fee for the Day Care to hatch my eggs. Just some sort of notification; "found an egg- will you pick it up or let us hatch it for you?", followed by the selection menu.

I want a facility where you can select the IV's that the baby will get, and which nature/ability it gets. I'd also like to be able to select egg moves from a list. We're paying the Day Care people, why can't they get their shit together and provide a decent service.

Seriously though, I'm pretty happy with the current breeding mechanics from B2W2. I can't really imagine them making it all that much easier, apart from possibly having lists of which pokemon are in which breeding group. That can be a bit hard to figure out sometimes without Serebii or Bulbapedia.

Aren't you greedy? That's so like genetically altered children in real life, lol.

Aren't you greedy? That's so like genetically altered children in real life, lol.

No, I'm time-poor. It took me days to breed a Snorunt with the right IV's and nature, and that's one where the ability doesn't even matter. Don't get me started on Scizor.

I was saying it as a joke, though I have to admit it would be lovely and save me so much time.

They've just introduced Super Training (EV training for dummies), so why not Super Breeding?

No, I'm time-poor. It took me days to breed a Snorunt with the right IV's and nature, and that's one where the ability doesn't even matter. Don't get me started on Scizor.

I was saying it as a joke, though I have to admit it would be lovely and save me so much time.

They've just introduced Super Training (EV training for dummies), so why not Super Breeding?

There are modifiable factors and non-modifiable factors, EV is modifiable, IV is not. I understand your hard work, Gokurou-sama deshita, that's why I'm not a competitive player. Get the right IV, nature, EV, moveset, ability, I don't have patient for all that.

IVs are really not all that hard to breed down. I mean, breed two pokemon with good IVs (in different areas) and the kids are likely to have both of those good IVs. It's a simple concept, not too complicated, and only time consuming if you are really finicky about exactly what IVs you want. If you just want a generally strong pokemon it's no big thing. The worst part about it is trying to figure out what your pokemon's IVs actually are. I think just having an easy, direct way to know more or less exactly what the IVs are without having to use an online IV calculator would help tremendously in that area of breeding.

IVs are really not all that hard to breed down. I mean, breed two pokemon with good IVs (in different areas) and the kids are likely to have both of those good IVs. It's a simple concept, not too complicated, and only time consuming if you are really finicky about exactly what IVs you want. If you just want a generally strong pokemon it's no big thing. The worst part about it is trying to figure out what your pokemon's IVs actually are. I think just having an easy, direct way to know more or less exactly what the IVs are without having to use an online IV calculator would help tremendously in that area of breeding.

I'm with you on that, I don't get why it has to be hidden. Make it available & those that care about it will have more time to spend on other parts of the game. Those that don't care too much about them will carry on as normal.

I want a facility where you can select the IV's that the baby will get, and which nature/ability it gets. I'd also like to be able to select egg moves from a list. We're paying the Day Care people, why can't they get their shit together and provide a decent service.

Seriously though, I'm pretty happy with the current breeding mechanics from B2W2. I can't really imagine them making it all that much easier, apart from possibly having lists of which pokemon are in which breeding group. That can be a bit hard to figure out sometimes without Serebii or Bulbapedia.

How do you expect the day care couple to magically alter the characteristics and abilities of a newly laid egg? They're there to raise the Pokemon you deposit, raising eggs has nothing to do with them. You're the Pokemon's trainer, not them, it should be you who gets it together, and not them.

This is where the casual breeder and the competitive breeder differentiate, and where RNG abuse messes everything up for those who breed the 'old fashioned way'. As a beginner competitive player, I find it near impossible to craft a team that will do well against someone who has clearly RNG'd their team.

It took them more time than it should (no seriously, it took them until BW2 to realize that holding the item meant to increase the chance of desired Nature should be a pure pass deal?), but the breeding mechanics and egg obtaining seems down pat at this point. Well not so much for non-gender monsters but I stand by what I say. At this point, all we need is some in-game device that lets us SEE the IVs outright. With that, comes more control than ever imagined.

An easier method to pass down said desired IVs would be nice too since it takes quite some time to get those Power Items. More than one would be super. I also hope whatever major breeding changes that ease the players life are done in the here-and-now and not the special sundae version.

@Silverwynde; Being able to move a bred Pokemon to Ball of your choice has been on of my desires for ages. Mostly aesthetic reasons but seriously, I wonder where my PC gets the basic Poke Ball to place the baby in since I don't carry any of those at that point.

It took them more time than it should (no seriously, it took them until BW2 to realize that holding the item meant to increase the chance of desired Nature should be a pure pass deal?), but the breeding mechanics and egg obtaining seems down pat at this point. Well not so much for non-gender monsters but I stand by what I say. At this point, all we need is some in-game device that lets us SEE the IVs outright. With that, comes more control than ever imagined.

An easier method to pass down said desired IVs would be nice too since it takes quite some time to get those Power Items. More than one would be super. I also hope whatever major breeding changes that ease the players life are done in the here-and-now and not the special sundae version.

@Silverwynde; Being able to move a bred Pokemon to Ball of your choice has been on of my desires for ages. Mostly aesthetic reasons but seriously, I wonder where my PC gets the basic Poke Ball to place the baby in since I don't carry any of those at that point.

My guess to that comes from this Bulbapedia article on Pokémon eggs. If you think about it like that, it does make sense why they're in regular Poké Balls instead of taking one of your choice from the bag.

^If that's the case, then I hope the Daycare Man actually notes this for no reason but pointless trivia.

I also hope the Daycare couple is available as soon as we meet. If the players wanna breed before seeing the credits roll that's their business.

No, it's not, but it can still be time consuming. I've now built up a stock of 31 IV'd fathers for just about every egg group, certainly makes it much easier.

How do you expect the day care couple to magically alter the characteristics and abilities of a newly laid egg? They're there to raise the Pokemon you deposit, raising eggs has nothing to do with them. You're the Pokemon's trainer, not them, it should be you who gets it together, and not them.

What part of that actually made you think I was being serious? Obviously they're not going to introduce a facility where you pick and choose IV's, natures, abilities etc. There are items like Everstone and the Power items for a reason. B2W2's additional bonus of guaranteeing the desired nature to be passed on with the Everstone, and 80% chance of getting the same ability slot as the mother is already pretty darn good.

People have been suggesting something similar, that's why you were taken seriously.

I think breeding your perfect pokemon should be simple and direct. I don't necessarily think it should be easy, though. So I don't like the idea of giving people the power to snap a finger and make their perfect pokemon. The process is as important as the end result, I feel. Wanting it to be made available to be able to choose IVs, egg moves, natures etc. or change them feels like pure laziness in my opinion. Yeah, breeding the perfect pokemon isn't easy, but why should it be? The added time to breed your pokemon is just added hours of enjoyment with the game.

Back
Top Bottom