• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Breeding

Vegito

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has ever bred all of the breedable Pokemon as shiny pokemon without using an action reply device or game shark or any third party program and without RNG. As well as breeding them all with IV 6 perfects 31 stats. If not how close have you come if you have tried an under taking of this? Currently there are 665 non legendary breedable Pokemon, if you including Phione there are 666.

Try getting just one shiny 6IV before that... I think even that's too much.

Getting 4-5IV is viable. 6IV is a waste. For contest purposes I did hatch a shiny 5IV Mawile in a Dreamball and saw a few non-shiny with 6IVs. Also, for the sake of completion you forgot to add "both male and female of the Pokemon with different appearances" to the list for those who have nothing to do other than pressing Left and Right all day.

As for wanting them all, no. If all your after is sparkles then knock yourself out, but not all shiny Pokemon are worth it and look better in their normal colors IMO. Do wish they implemented the color system in the Pokemon Stadium games though.

Getting 4-5IV is viable. 6IV is a waste. For contest purposes I did hatch a shiny 5IV Mawile in a Dreamball and saw a few non-shiny with 6IVs. Also, for the sake of completion you forgot to add "both male and female of the Pokemon with different appearances" to the list for those who have nothing to do other than pressing Left and Right all day.

As for wanting them all, no. If all your after is sparkles then knock yourself out, but not all shiny Pokemon are worth it and look better in their normal colors IMO. Do wish they implemented the color system in the Pokemon Stadium games though.

I liked the nickname coloring system back then, kinda disappointed they got rid of it. Anyway it's actually not a waist. Someone armed with the knowledge that most do 4-5 IV perfects can do some real damage with those skills that change the defenders stats around. Every point counts.

I've bred for IV's, and for shinies, but never for both. The odds of breeding a shiny 6IV are just too astronomically high for me to bother wasting my time with it.

I've bred for IV's, and for shinies, but never for both. The odds of breeding a shiny 6IV are just too astronomically high for me to bother wasting my time with it.

How about removing the shiny factor or the IV factor. Have you
A) Bred all Pokemon (example: three shiny Bulbasaurs for Bulbasaur, Ivysaur and Venusaur and done that for all breedables) non shiny with IV 6 31 stats without using cheats or RNG or anything but the game itself?
B) Bred all Pokemon as shiny regardless of IV's and didn't use any cheat device or RNG?

I'm sorry... You must have mistaken me for someone with an attention span longer than five seconds. XD
In all seriousness, I am trying to get a shiny Zigzagoon in my Omega Ruby via DexNav chaining, and trying to get just one shiny alone makes me want to rip my eyes out.

I'm sorry... You must have mistaken me for someone with an attention span longer than five seconds. XD
In all seriousness, I am trying to get a shiny Zigzagoon in my Omega Ruby via DexNav chaining, and trying to get just one shiny alone makes me want to rip my eyes out.
I have never spoken to you so it seems like your statements were meant for someone else.

Anyway it's actually not a waist. Someone armed with the knowledge that most do 4-5 IV perfects can do some real damage with those skills that change the defenders stats around. Every point counts.

Not every point counts. Is there anyone that will use a Special attack on a Physical DPS? And what of Natures? Even if you're breeding a wall you may want an attack and the Nature you choose will most likely lower the attack stat you don't plan on utilizing.

Anyway, with the right tools you can breed for a guaranteed 4IV shiny, possibly 5, and with extreme luck even a 6 IV if the unchosen stat just happens to be capped.

I have never spoken to you so it seems like your statements were meant for someone else.

No, they were meant for you. Your original post was written for anyone on the forums who happened to see it, me included. I just wanted to contribute to the discussion.

Last edited:
Anyway it's actually not a waist. Someone armed with the knowledge that most do 4-5 IV perfects can do some real damage with those skills that change the defenders stats around. Every point counts.

Not every point counts. Is there anyone that will use a Special attack on a Physical DPS? And what of Natures? Even if you're breeding a wall you may want an attack and the Nature you choose will most likely lower the attack stat you don't plan on utilizing.

Anyway, with the right tools you can breed for a guaranteed 4IV shiny, possibly 5, and with extreme luck even a 6 IV if the unchosen stat just happens to be capped.

No you're wrong I can't tell you how many people I have stomped royally with perfect 6 IV Pokemon against those who think that 4/5 IV perfect 31 stats are actually Perfect. All I have to do is use special moves that switch the attack stat and special attack stat on the enemy I attack. Lol you're gonna wish that when that happens to you that you went all 6 stats. Because going from 400 attack stat to 120 in special attack when it could have been 151 could mean the difference between damage and doing nothing even when the stat is switched when all of your attacks are geared for "attack" and none for "special attack".

No, they were meant for you. Your original post was written for anyone on the forums who happened to see it, me included. I just wanted to contribute to the discussion.

So I ask you how in the world does it contribute to the conversation. You tell me that you don't have a very long attention span, then you tell me you need a shiny Zigzagoon. This isn't a trading post and that is why I think you have mistaken this post for something else. I am just talking about if anyone has every done what the OP asks. Not looking for trades.

No you're wrong I can't tell you how many people I have stomped royally with perfect 6 IV Pokemon against those who think that 4/5 IV perfect 31 stats are actually Perfect.

Assuming you're lucky enough to pull off and maintain this "god combo" you think you have against the overwhelming odds that can nullify the efforts. It's easy to get a perfect Pokemon without 6 capped IVs, it's impossible to have the perfect Pokemon for every given situation (well, a late-game revenge killer Imposter Ditto comes close, lol). Whatever "god combo" you're using, if you manage to actually pull it off and maintain it, would be equally devastating to a 6IV opponent.

No you're wrong I can't tell you how many people I have stomped royally with perfect 6 IV Pokemon against those who think that 4/5 IV perfect 31 stats are actually Perfect.

Assuming you're lucky enough to pull off and maintain this "god combo" you think you have against the overwhelming odds that can nullify the efforts. It's easy to get a perfect Pokemon without 6 capped IVs, it's impossible to have the perfect Pokemon for every given situation (well, a late-game revenge killer Imposter Ditto comes close, lol). Whatever "god combo" you're using, if you manage to actually pull it off and maintain it, would be equally devastating to a 6IV opponent.

you remind me of a guy i knew from lebanon High school back in 2000-2002 went by the name Hanther and loved DBZ, I wonder are you Sean Shannon? Anyway regardless I disagree with you. Let's battle.

Yea, I'll hop right on that. :smokin:

(Oh, and how did you guess my real identity from pointing out I'm a DBZ fan and am indeed that one guy you knew at one time?!? *mindblown*)

Anyway, let the breeder decide if their 4IV shiny is worth it. They could always use a hacked shiny transfer from the less strict consoles if they really want a 6IV shiny but don't want it to mean anything. Me? I don't mind running back and forth till the RNG gives me something legit.

Last edited:

So I ask you how in the world does it contribute to the conversation. You tell me that you don't have a very long attention span, then you tell me you need a shiny Zigzagoon. This isn't a trading post and that is why I think you have mistaken this post for something else. I am just talking about if anyone has every done what the OP asks. Not looking for trades.[/QUOTE]

No no no, I was not in any way, shape, or form, asking for a trade. All of my shinies either have to be caught by myself or a Nintendo event. I was just saying what I was currently working on.

If you think that's bad, try breeding Golett for four months straight in order to get that shiny. You'll either see eggs in your sleep or you'll go insane. (But I love my little Guardian. He was so totally worth it!)

I've only recently bred my first 6IV Pokemon--an Adamant No Guard Golett--but I haven't bred a 6IV shiny. I wouldn't mind trying for one but I think even I lack the patience to try for all of them. I would probably lose what's left of my mind about halfway through.

If you think that's bad, try breeding Golett for four months straight in order to get that shiny. You'll either see eggs in your sleep or you'll go insane. (But I love my little Guardian. He was so totally worth it!)

I've only recently bred my first 6IV Pokemon--an Adamant No Guard Golett--but I haven't bred a 6IV shiny. I wouldn't mind trying for one but I think even I lack the patience to try for all of them. I would probably lose what's left of my mind about halfway through.

Ah yes, trying to breed a shiny Pokémon that also has 6 IVs. I honestly don't even try to get one with both, I do shiny and IV breeding seperately. I had a friend who bred seven shiny Ralts and traded them all away because none of them had perfect stats.

Yea, I'll hop right on that. :smokin:

(Oh, and how did you guess my real identity from pointing out I'm a DBZ fan and am indeed that one guy you knew at one time?!? *mindblown*)

Are you being honest and serious or a smart ace?

So I ask you how in the world does it contribute to the conversation. You tell me that you don't have a very long attention span, then you tell me you need a shiny Zigzagoon. This isn't a trading post and that is why I think you have mistaken this post for something else. I am just talking about if anyone has every done what the OP asks. Not looking for trades.

No no no, I was not in any way, shape, or form, asking for a trade. All of my shinies either have to be caught by myself or a Nintendo event. I was just saying what I was currently working on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't realize that.

Ah yes, trying to breed a shiny Pokémon that also has 6 IVs. I honestly don't even try to get one with both, I do shiny and IV breeding seperately. I had a friend who bred seven shiny Ralts and traded them all away because none of them had perfect stats.

I am currently trying to breed all Pokemon completely competitive with 6IV perfects. Not worried about shinyness. I have 711 on my Pokedex (all legit) and so forth. so I have everything. However I am going through all of the breedables (666 by the way) to get perfects..... I have done numbers (National Dex) 1-24 at the moment. I am currently on Pokemon Pikachu's family....gonna be hard seeing that Pichu - Pikachu best attack stat is actually "Attack" and not Special Attack. However interesting enough Raichu evens them both out...

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom