• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Breeding

I'm sorry... You must have mistaken me for someone with an attention span longer than five seconds. XD
In all seriousness, I am trying to get a shiny Zigzagoon in my Omega Ruby via DexNav chaining, and trying to get just one shiny alone makes me want to rip my eyes out.
If you think that's bad, try breeding Golett for four months straight in order to get that shiny. You'll either see eggs in your sleep or you'll go insane. (But I love my little Guardian. He was so totally worth it!)

I've only recently bred my first 6IV Pokemon--an Adamant No Guard Golett--but I haven't bred a 6IV shiny. I wouldn't mind trying for one but I think even I lack the patience to try for all of them. I would probably lose what's left of my mind about halfway through.

Ah yes, trying to breed a shiny Pokémon that also has 6 IVs. I honestly don't even try to get one with both, I do shiny and IV breeding seperately. I had a friend who bred seven shiny Ralts and traded them all away because none of them had perfect stats.

I am currently trying to breed all Pokemon completely competitive with 6IV perfects. Not worried about shinyness. I have 711 on my Pokedex (all legit) and so forth. so I have everything. However I am going through all of the breedables (666 by the way) to get perfects..... I have done numbers (National Dex) 1-24 at the moment. I am currently on Pokemon Pikachu's family....gonna be hard seeing that Pichu - Pikachu best attack stat is actually "Attack" and not Special Attack. However interesting enough Raichu evens them both out...[/QUOTE]

I really respect people like you with this kind of stuff, because I would never in a million years even imagine myself doing something that requires such mental fortitude. I just cannot do someting so repetitive and time-consuming, even if the end result is pretty awesome. I can barely even watch more than three episodes of the same TV show before getting distracted, to be honest. I am, however, working on completing my PokéDex, a feat that is made much easier by having all four Generation VI titles. I currently have 403 caught in my Y Version, and they were all either caught or obtained from an event by me, on my games. I feel like trading to complete your Dex is kinda cheating, and I am sure you can relate to that.

Ooof... Let's see...

In the best case senerio, you have 2 perfect, 6 IV pokemon of different regions for the matsuda method, everstone+knot, and the shiny charm at hand.

The chances of a shiny are 1 in 512 breeding this way, and then there's a 1 in 32 chance of getting perfect IV's...

The chances of getting a shiny 6 IV pokemon?

1 in 16384. Hopefully I got the math right.

Now, doing this for all available shinies... You've got to be nuts. :/

Ooof... Let's see...

In the best case senerio, you have 2 perfect, 6 IV pokemon of different regions for the matsuda method, everstone+knot, and the shiny charm at hand.

The chances of a shiny are 1 in 512 breeding this way, and then there's a 1 in 32 chance of getting perfect IV's...

The chances of getting a shiny 6 IV pokemon?

1 in 16384. Hopefully I got the math right.

Now, doing this for all available shinies... You've got to be nuts. :/
I have a shiny sharpedo with a 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread and speed boost, which might as well be perfect [/notbragging]

but yeah aiming for a 6 IV shiny is a pretty poor goal, the only pokemon that want 6 IVs anyway are mixed attackers (which is what my sharpedo just so happens to be bred for, was a quite risky move on my part).

I'm sorry... You must have mistaken me for someone with an attention span longer than five seconds. XD
In all seriousness, I am trying to get a shiny Zigzagoon in my Omega Ruby via DexNav chaining, and trying to get just one shiny alone makes me want to rip my eyes out.
If you think that's bad, try breeding Golett for four months straight in order to get that shiny. You'll either see eggs in your sleep or you'll go insane. (But I love my little Guardian. He was so totally worth it!)

I've only recently bred my first 6IV Pokemon--an Adamant No Guard Golett--but I haven't bred a 6IV shiny. I wouldn't mind trying for one but I think even I lack the patience to try for all of them. I would probably lose what's left of my mind about halfway through.

Ah yes, trying to breed a shiny Pokémon that also has 6 IVs. I honestly don't even try to get one with both, I do shiny and IV breeding seperately. I had a friend who bred seven shiny Ralts and traded them all away because none of them had perfect stats.

I am currently trying to breed all Pokemon completely competitive with 6IV perfects. Not worried about shinyness. I have 711 on my Pokedex (all legit) and so forth. so I have everything. However I am going through all of the breedables (666 by the way) to get perfects..... I have done numbers (National Dex) 1-24 at the moment. I am currently on Pokemon Pikachu's family....gonna be hard seeing that Pichu - Pikachu best attack stat is actually "Attack" and not Special Attack. However interesting enough Raichu evens them both out...

I really respect people like you with this kind of stuff, because I would never in a million years even imagine myself doing something that requires such mental fortitude. I just cannot do someting so repetitive and time-consuming, even if the end result is pretty awesome. I can barely even watch more than three episodes of the same TV show before getting distracted, to be honest. I am, however, working on completing my PokéDex, a feat that is made much easier by having all four Generation VI titles. I currently have 403 caught in my Y Version, and they were all either caught or obtained from an event by me, on my games. I feel like trading to complete your Dex is kinda cheating, and I am sure you can relate to that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah however the problem comes in with those event legendary Pokemon to get them in English, and yet if you're like me you're new to the event part of Pokemon. I only have Diancie, Celebi and the new starters for generation 5 from Nintendo with their HA and I have October Gengar shiny+ Mega stone and I have the special event only Vivillions (both) and Scizor from buying Y from Walmart last year in Janurary. Other than that those are what I have from events. I don't like hacked Pokemon. I want 100% legit with real ID numbers of Nintendo registered on the Pokemon. I don't want to have a Mew with someone that Hacked catched the Pokemon on it at level 50 or 55 or 1 or whatever if you understand what I mean. I want to use all of my Pokemons in battle with Nintendo.

I am currently trying to breed all Pokemon completely competitive with 6IV perfects. Not worried about shinyness. I have 711 on my Pokedex (all legit) and so forth. so I have everything. However I am going through all of the breedables (666 by the way) to get perfects..... I have done numbers (National Dex) 1-24 at the moment. I am currently on Pokemon Pikachu's family....gonna be hard seeing that Pichu - Pikachu best attack stat is actually "Attack" and not Special Attack. However interesting enough Raichu evens them both out...

I really respect people like you with this kind of stuff, because I would never in a million years even imagine myself doing something that requires such mental fortitude. I just cannot do someting so repetitive and time-consuming, even if the end result is pretty awesome. I can barely even watch more than three episodes of the same TV show before getting distracted, to be honest. I am, however, working on completing my PokéDex, a feat that is made much easier by having all four Generation VI titles. I currently have 403 caught in my Y Version, and they were all either caught or obtained from an event by me, on my games. I feel like trading to complete your Dex is kinda cheating, and I am sure you can relate to that.

Yeah however the problem comes in with those event legendary Pokemon to get them in English, and yet if you're like me you're new to the event part of Pokemon. I only have Diancie, Celebi and the new starters for generation 5 from Nintendo with their HA and I have October Gengar shiny+ Mega stone and I have the special event only Vivillions (both) and Scizor from buying Y from Walmart last year in Janurary. Other than that those are what I have from events. I don't like hacked Pokemon. I want 100% legit with real ID numbers of Nintendo registered on the Pokemon. I don't want to have a Mew with someone that Hacked catched the Pokemon on it at level 50 or 55 or 1 or whatever if you understand what I mean. I want to use all of my Pokemons in battle with Nintendo.[/QUOTE]

It can be a real hassle to get all of the event Pokémon if you have just gotten into it. As far as Mew goes, there is a way to get a legitimate one without an event. You need a copy of Pokémon Diamond or Pearl (Platinum will not work unless you are using Japan-localized games) and a copy of Pokémon Ranch for the Wii. If you transfer 999 Pokémon and an egg to Pokémon Ranch from DP you will be given a Mew. You can transfer it to Gen VI from there.

And I sympathize with you, I believe that hacked Pokémon go against everything the games stand for

Sheesh, trying get every breedable Pokemon with perfect IVs AND shininess? Are you nuts? Who even has the patience, let alone the time, to do that? I'm trying to Masuda Method a shiny competitive Beedrill right now, and that's tedious enough.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom