• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

It would be weird to still limit the Pokemon you can have walk with you in Amity Park when every Pokemon will be able to follow you. The ones shown off were ones they only allowed previously, but if they'd still limit it, why only have that small amount when they allow 6 Pokemon at the same time to walk with you?

Huh, seems I was right about news coming today then.

Amity Square & the Poketch/HM changes look pretty exciting.

And yeah, I expect another trailer at some point in October. Maybe another in November before the game releases too.

Something interesting that I didn't quite get from the trailer is that it seems like your pokemon will wander somewhat freely instead of following you in Amity Square. From the official Pokemon Twitter:

"Amity Square in Hearthome City is a relaxing place where you can go on walks with your Pokémon. Take time to unwind by watching your Pokémon rest and play as they please. You can also adjust the camera to take photos and videos with them!"

That seems really cool; it really kind of is like the camp, but more from a top down perspective, I guess.

Also; I agree it does seem weird that they only showcase the feature with Pokemon originally allowed, but none of the official descriptions mention any kind of restrictions or limitations. If they still existed, I would imagine the tweet would say something like, "go on walks with certain Pokemon" or something; otherwise it's extremely deceptive to those who aren't familiar with the originals.

My only thoughts as to why it would be limited would be either there are A) special animations for playing in Amity Square (doubtful) or B) has to do with some kind of size limit; the poffin making portion uses the battle models and is pretty zoomed in; I am curious to see what this looks like with larger Pokemon.

Glad to see that HMs have been modified in a way that we can just use the field abilities without wasting a move/party slot. Part of what makes Sinnoh's map design so good is that they used HMs in a way to create a ton of interesting and challenging puzzles and the newer games have been lacking that. I'd prefer a way to register our own Pokemon instead of just using Wild Pokemon, but this works fine.

It seems HM's now call a wild Pokemon and they're stored in an app. Thank Arceus. I don't understand why this couldn't be a part of the last Nintendo Direct though. It would have been nice to at least see this there.
It’s nice, but why would a wild Pokémon be willing to help you out in comparison to Pokémon you either own or service Pokémon trained to deal with such tasks? I’m fine with the change in general; it’s just that why wild Pokémon? I’m trying to think of things from an in-universe perspective.

It’s nice, but why would a wild Pokémon be willing to help you out in comparison to Pokémon you either own or service Pokémon trained to deal with such tasks? I’m fine with the change in general; it’s just that why wild Pokémon? I’m trying to think of things from an in-universe perspective.

@Alola made the sharp observation that it is rooted in Sinnoh myth.

Ever played a ranger game? That's kind of where my mind goes.

And in universe, pokemon have always been affected by sound and radio waves. Pokemon March from the radio made pokemon attracted to you. Team Rocket made the Magikarp and other pokemon angry with their radio wave machine. I think one of the Ranger bad guys (can't remember which) used some sort of radio device to control pokemon. I mean, hey, let us not forget that TMs and TRs are modeled after CDs and Vinyl Records; which I guess could lead us to assume that Pokemon learn moves from the noise made by them.

Wow, there's a typo in the Nintendo url. And typing in the correct goes to a 404 page.

And I also wonder why there is a Magmortar at the bottom of the page.. Is there gonna be a connection.
I think they’re just showing off Pokemon from Sinnoh

I was so excited about the new LoA info, I almost completely forgot that BDSP dropped a new trailer as well!

I love how they’ve found a new way to integrate the Pokétch; and I’m over the moon with how they’re treating HMs. It’s such a simple solution; roadblocks still exist, Pokémon help you bypass them, but they don’t require you to give up valuable moveslots or force you to have specific Pokémon in your party.

Wow, there's a typo in the Nintendo url. And typing in the correct goes to a 404 page.

And I also wonder why there is a Magmortar at the bottom of the page.. Is there gonna be a connection.

I’m guessing that it’s because Magmortar’s main ability is Flame Body, which helps eggs hatch faster. Manaphy and Phione are both egg-hatching “quests”.

I wonder if these remakes will have the National Dex? I mean, SwSh kind of nuked a bunch of Pokemon, but with the more simplified art style here, wouldn't that make it easier to include every single Pokemon? I do see some Pokemon returning such as Sentret and Numel in some trailers.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom