• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

So far there's been one report that I've seen of someone getting it early, but that person just posted some minor screenshots and then deleted their account, got scared I guess. Other than that there's a claim going around and that's it from what I've seen so far. Maybe it was just that one lucky person? Probably best to start being careful either way, we are coming up on that time.

Maybe the person got found out and their job (Or the person who gave it to them) might be on the line, thats why it got deleted.

Some people have received their physical copy and are already playing (at least one person posted about it on another forum), but considering what kind of game this is, I doubt there are many surprises they could possibly ruin for you.

Yeah, I'm not really expecting any huge surprises but I'd like to be kept in the dark as regards things like the Gym Leaders' teams, which Pokemon are in the Sinnoh Dex etc. And there might be something in the postgame we don't know about.

Yeah, I'm not really expecting any huge surprises but I'd like to be kept in the dark as regards things like the Gym Leaders' teams, which Pokemon are in the Sinnoh Dex etc. And there might be something in the postgame we don't know about.
Oh in that case, don't look at Bulbapedia, those spoilers have been up for years.

I just wanna know if Sylveon and Eviolite are included.

Apparently there's some merchandise hinting at a secret new Pokemon not from the gen 4 national dex. I hope it's Sylveon.

If there’s a secret new Pokémon, I feel like odds are it’s a secret new Pokémon. As in truly new.

:( I'd easily spend a lot of time digging up for fossils, especially if they include more fossils (cover, plume, jaw and sail, also why not Omanyte and Kabuto's ones?). Obviously half of them would be exclusive to some version, but it doesn't matter since they always do that.
Kabuto and Omanyte's fossils should definitely be available since they were in the original games along with Aerodactyl, Anorith and Lileep. Though you had to unlock the National Dex to get them to appear. I don't believe that they were version exclusive aside from the Cranidos and Shieldon fossils.

Kabuto and Omanyte's fossils should definitely be available since they were in the original games along with Aerodactyl, Anorith and Lileep. Though you had to unlock the National Dex to get them to appear. I don't believe that they were version exclusive aside from the Cranidos and Shieldon fossils.
Really? it's never too late to learn :LOL: Thought they were exclusives. That being said, there's no excuses for not including more fossils, they can't waste potential like that. Of course I don't know how difficult it is to create the fossil models and put them on the digging screem, but it can't be that hard. We can dream and hope that's one of the secrets they're saving to impress us.

Oh in that case, don't look at Bulbapedia, those spoilers have been up for years.

Hey, don't be so cheeky! :p Some of the important NPCs could have their Platinum teams, or new teams like in Let's Go. Looker might pop up somewhere, or the encounter with Giratina could be slightly different. Then there's the mystery of those new cave entrances in Pal Park to uncover.

The Regis might be catchable now. Other legendaries from Kanto, Johto and Hoenn might appear in the Underground. Darkrai and Shaymin might not be event-only anymore. These would all be relatively small surprises, sure, but still fun ones.

Last edited:
Hey, don't be so cheeky! :p Some of the important NPCs could have their Platinum teams, or new teams like in Let's Go. Looker might pop up somewhere, or the encounter with Giratina could be slightly different. Then there's the mystery of those new cave entrances in Pal Park to uncover.

The Regis might be catchable now. Other legendaries from Kanto, Johto and Hoenn might appear in the Underground. Darkrai and Shaymin might not be event-only anymore. These would all be relatively small surprises, sure, but still fun ones.
How would you react if they only included 493 pokemon (Gen 1-4)? Would you forgive them for this?

Really? it's never too late to learn :LOL: Thought they were exclusives. That being said, there's no excuses for not including more fossils, they can't waste potential like that. Of course I don't know how difficult it is to create the fossil models and put them on the digging screem, but it can't be that hard. We can dream and hope that's one of the secrets they're saving to impress us.
It wouldn't be hard, but the thing is that they've given up on adding every pokemon into games anymore and clearly gone the faithful route with these games, so it saves them time and resources to only allow the pokemon originally available in Gen 4. If they added newer fossils, they'd have to add other new pokemon to the region, and take the time to figure out how to explain that. And even if they were to do that, it wouldn't make much sense to add later gens' fossils, given that those pokemon were clearly never native to Sinnoh.

The Regis might be catchable now. Other legendaries from Kanto, Johto and Hoennn might appear in the Underground. Darkrai and Shayming might not be event-only anymore. These would all be relatively small surprises, sure, but still fun ones.
XD You know what- fair. I am kinda curious now if they'll give us the Arceus event finally or if the flute is still going to continue to sit unused in the item data.

It wouldn't be hard, but the thing is that they've given up on adding every pokemon into games anymore and clearly gone the faithful route with these games, so it saves them time and resources to only allow the pokemon originally available in Gen 4. If they added newer fossils, they'd have to add other new pokemon to the region, and take the time to figure out how to explain that. And even if they were to do that, it wouldn't make much sense to add later gens' fossils, given that those pokemon were clearly never native to Sinnoh.

XD You know what- fair. I am kinda curious now if they'll give us the Arceus event finally or if the flute is still going to continue to sit unused in the item data.
You have a point, didn't think about that issue. I'm a fossil maniac, so it would break my heart to see the underground making a comeback and not adding more fossils to find.

An interesting thought occured to me. Because of how the Underground works, Version Exclusive Pokemon might not be a thing in BD and SP. Like, i can imagine some Pokemon that are exclusive, can still not be found in the wild, but can be found in the Underground in the opposite version, where they might be more rare.

For me its ok to read "oh hey this Pokemon is catachable and these new ones are in the game." Because seeing them online or in the game won't change my view much unless it has cool animations. Story spoilers are different though I stay away from those

An interesting thought occured to me. Because of how the Underground works, Version Exclusive Pokemon might not be a thing in BD and SP. Like, i can imagine some Pokemon that are exclusive, can still not be found in the wild, but can be found in the Underground in the opposite version, where they might be more rare.
At least the Sinnoh fossils have been confirmed to be version exclusive.

I don't know how reliable this source is but there is a list of the version exclusives. However, I don't know if they're referring to something that has been confirmed by official site or if they just took the list from the original games.

How would you react if they only included 493 pokemon (Gen 1-4)? Would you forgive them for this?

Yes, that's what I'm expecting. I'm just looking forward to some of my favourites like Typhlosion, Furret, Castform and Floatzel making their proper debut on the Switch. I'm curious to find out whether the Gen 4 National Dex will be returning (a screenshot of Bidoof's number suggests that it will), or whether the Sinnoh Dex will be expanded to include the rest of the Pokemon (with starters and legendaries existing in the game but lacking entries, perhaps).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom