• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

An interesting piece of trivia I just found out: on Route 225, the last Ace Trainer before the Survival Area has a Tropius contained in a Cherish Ball. This is a reference to an event Tropius that was distributed years ago and was the first event Pokémon contained in a Cherish Ball.

An interesting piece of trivia I just found out: on Route 225, the last Ace Trainer before the Survival Area has a Tropius contained in a Cherish Ball. This is a reference to an event Tropius that was distributed years ago and was the first event Pokémon contained in a Cherish Ball.
To me, this shows the amount of attention to detail in BDSP. ILCA really put a lot of love in these games.

Did your Pokemon already have nicknames before evolving?

Or did this happen to Pokemon without nicknames?
They were not nicknamed before. I'm not really sure how to explain this properly, but it only happened right after evolution. When my Munchlax evolved, it was referred to as "alisha" ("Your alisha evolved into Snorlax!"), but it was back to its regular name when I checked the menu.

With the latest version, Dawn's post-game rematch team contains a neat anime reference: aside from Bellossom replacing Pachirisu, if the player's chosen starter was Turtwig, Dawn's team is made up of fully evolved forms of the Pokémon her anime counterpart currently has on her team: Empoleon, Lopunny, Mamoswine, Typhlosion, and Togekiss.

I think so, yeah.

Does this mean that ILCA did more than just fix bugs and softlocks with their latest updates, and actually added game content too?

That's great if true! It mean they are actively adding content to BDSP!

Does this mean that ILCA did more than just fix bugs and softlocks with their latest updates, and actually added game content too?

That's great if true! It mean they are actively adding content to BDSP!
Are you sure about that? I've heard of Dawn having her anime team for rematch since before the recent update.
Dawn has been able to be rematched before. It's just that her team has been altered between versions. I think what you heard may have been datamined info.

Dawn has been able to be rematched before. It's just that her team has been altered between versions. I think what you heard may have been datamined info.
Yeah, it was. I updated my earlier post with where I heard it from. I guess they only activated it now then? If you're right, I wonder why it wasn't like that since day one, how weird. (I wouldn't have picked Turtwig myself so I wouldn't be able to tell either way.)

Good news for those of us who like BDSP!
Serebii Note: It has been announced that Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl sold 6 million units globally in its first week of sale

For comparison, here are some milestones achieved by Nintendo games on Switch, in their first week of sale:

Super Mario Odyssey (2017) : 2m
Pokémon Let's Go (2018) : 3m
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018) : 5m
Pokémon Sword/Shield (2019) : 6m
Pokémon BD/SP (2021) : 6m

(Also, ORAS on the 3DS, also sold 3 million in the first week. That's half of BDSP!!!)

Last edited:
Good news for those of us that like BDSP!

Serebii Note: It has been announced that Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl sold 6 million units globally in its first week of sale
Nice! I was actually thinking of looking the sales numbers earlier today, but looks like there's no need for that anymore! Very good!
And if I choose the female protagonist, which is Lucas' rematch team?
Noticably different. Do you want to know the exact team?

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom