• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him/his
So, one thing I’ve really enjoyed about this game is the “reaction” animations after you beat random trainers. My favorite has to be the female swimmers; the curled fist and gritted teeth make even the most banal dialogue hilarious.
Yeah, totally agree to this. Thought the same when I noticed that when I got my 3ds and Y/Omega Ruby in early 2020. I always especially liked those female backpackers that were knocked over by the power of my team XD

venusboi79

Who up in this club?!
Reaction score
Yeah, totally agree to this. Thought the same when I noticed that when I got my 3ds and Y/Omega Ruby in early 2020. I always especially liked those female backpackers that were knocked over by the power of my team XD

I remember reactions, just not specific ones from those games; but they really do add to the sense of satisfaction of beating the trainers. Even if they do just have Geodudes and Magicarps.

EmCeeChupi

Light Bearer
Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him
I remember reactions, just not specific ones from those games; but they really do add to the sense of satisfaction of beating the trainers. Even if they do just have Geodudes and Magicarps.
That one fisherman in every game: Uhhhhhh

EmCeeChupi

Light Bearer
Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him
That one fisherman in one of the games (I don't remember which game specifically) who suddenly pulls a fast one and suddenly sends out a gyarados
I meant the one with 6 Magikarp for a team
There's always one fisherman with 6 Magikarp
Edit: Except in GSC, also there's one there that sends out 3 Gyarados and one in RSE that leads with Magikarp and has 5 Gyarados, the trend of one fisher having 6 Magikarp started again (first time was in RBY) was in FRLG

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him/his
I meant the one with 6 Magikarp for a team
There's always one fisherman with 6 Magikarp
Edit: Except in GSC, also there's one there that sends out 3 Gyarados and one in RSE that leads with Magikarp and has 5 Gyarados, the trend of one fisher having 6 Magikarp started again (first time was in RBY) was in FRLG
I was aware about the 6 magikarp fisherman, but there is also a fisherman who has (not quite sure about the numbers) 2-4 Magikarp and one Gyarados. But like I said, I don't have the slightest idea in which game, I'm not even sure on which system :D

EmCeeChupi

Light Bearer
Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him
I was aware about the 6 magikarp fisherman, but there is also a fisherman who has (not quite sure about the numbers) 2-4 Magikarp and one Gyarados. But like I said, I don't have the slightest idea in which game, I'm not even sure on which system :D
Oh.
I didn't know that XD

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
Come to think about it - could also been in a ROM hack so it's possible that it was never even in an official game to begin with :X3:
Nope. The "5 Gyarados and 1 Magikarp guy" is real. I think he was on the route that leads to the Victory Road.

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him/his
@EmCeeChupi @prog rocker
So now I got curious and did some research while the board was down for maintenance and...
There is a fisherman on Route 127 with 3 Magikarps (on Ruby/Sapphire, 2 on Emerald) and a Gyarados.
On route 218 there is a fisherman with 5 Magikarps and one Gyarados (except for Platinum, they replaced the Magikarps with Remoraids).
Another one is on route 34, using two Magikarps and a Gyarados (Heartgold/Soulsilver, on Gold/Silver/Crystal he has two of each).

And finally, there is a fisherman who flipped the script and uses one Magikarp and 5 Gyarados on route 132 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald).

EmCeeChupi

Light Bearer
Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him
So now I got curious and did some research while the board was down for maintenance and...
I didn't know that there were maintenance periods for BG
This is probably why both the board and BP randomly go down and reset the connection

TheCapsFan

Flowers for Vases
Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him
Please keep the off-topic chatter to a minimum. Thank you.

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him/his
Please keep the off-topic chatter to a minimum. Thank you.
Sorry, got a little carried away, will be more careful :)

I really wonder when (or maybe even if) they start distributing the event items for Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus.

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I really wonder when (or maybe even if) they start distributing the event items for Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus.
I think they'll do it eventually. I think they did the right thing to move the event areas from the game for now, though, so that people can't get to them prematurely.

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him/his
I think they'll do it eventually. I think they did the right thing to move the event areas from the game for now, though, so that people can't get to them prematurely.
I'm rather worried that BDSP will be kinda left behind when L:A will be released - doesn't have to happen, but I prefer considering this as a possible scenario rather than just l believing that everything will be fine. Guess I'm to negative when it comes to that kinda things.

Rachael

Reaction score
I'm really liking this game so far! I'm a little disappointed that the Platinum extension isn't included--I'm guessing Platinum Pokemon might show up in Pokemon Legends Arceus--but I'm having a lot of fun, and the sprites are so adorable. I'm also happy to have gained three mythical Pokemon--especially Manaphy, which I've wanted for a long time. Distributions are the best! <3 Everyone in my team except my starter--Clefairy, Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Pachirisu--are "cute" Pokemon. And my Grotle is kind of like their bodyguard, hehe.

EmCeeChupi

Light Bearer
Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him
I'm really liking this game so far! I'm a little disappointed that the Platinum extension isn't included--I'm guessing Platinum Pokemon might show up in Pokemon Legends Arceus--but I'm having a lot of fun, and the sprites are so adorable. I'm also happy to have gained three mythical Pokemon--especially Manaphy, which I've wanted for a long time. Distributions are the best! <3 Everyone in my team except my starter--Clefairy, Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Pachirisu--are "cute" Pokemon. And my Grotle is kind of like their bodyguard, hehe.
There's a thread for your Team in BDSP. Oh and here it is

Pal412

Reaction score
As a fan of both Mario and Pokémon, I can honestly say the BDSP League is the Wario Castle of the new millennium.

After an entire playthrough of one pushover after another, the League makes it clear the training wheels are off.