• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

EmCeeChupi

Light Bearer
Reaction score
Pronouns
He, Him
I have learned why it was hard for me to find Pichu in the Trophy Garden. I was playing in the middle of the day (when they only have a 10% spawn rate), and it is more common in the morning (30%).

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
So apparently a new patch for BDSP is due to come out tomorrow.

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him/his
I'll pass for now, missed that there was a new cloning trick discovered so I'll try to dupe that damn mystery shards.

Edit: Turns out mystery shards can't be hold by pokemon :bulbaFacepalm:

Last edited:

RavenRaziel98

Reaction score
Pronouns
he/him/his

Sooner than I expected for Arceus. Cool.

You need Legends data for Arceus, which I kinda expected. And apparently need to have both games beat.

Do I get it right that this means there is no time limit for Arceus?
And I think the statement about Darkrai is a little vague - does between the new moons imply a mystery gift with limited time (around a month I guess) like with Shaymin or will the members card be distributed every month during the new moon phase (which would be rad but I guess that's pretty unlikely)?

FinnishPokéFan92

Huggable Electric Rodent
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Do I get it right that this means there is no time limit for Arceus?
And I think the statement about Darkrai is a little vague - does between the new moons imply a mystery gift with limited time (around a month I guess) like with Shaymin or will the members card be distributed every month during the new moon phase (which would be rad but I guess that's pretty unlikely)?
As far as I understand, yeah, Arceus has no time limits. You've just needed to complete the main and post-game stories in Legends and obtained the National Dex in BDSP. As for Darkrai, "between new moons" means from April 1 to May 1.

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
It says the update went live at 6PM PDT yesterday which would be sometime in the middle of the night where I live (EST timezone), I think, but I still have not gotten the update for this. I made a thread about it. I really want to get Arceus and later Darkrai, so I'm angry.

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I cannot believe I’ve just gone on to play BD for the first time in forever to find my Pokémon have contracted the Pokerus!! I didn’t realise it was still a thing.
that's pretty amazing. i've only ever contracted pokerus once through a trade. still cultivating that one infection i got back in gen 4. you're very lucky to get it through regular gameplay.

NotAPassenger

Reaction score
that's pretty amazing. i've only ever contracted pokerus once through a trade. still cultivating that one infection i got back in gen 4. you're very lucky to get it through regular gameplay.
I’ve never encountered a shiny (bar in Lets Go) so I’m quite shocked that it’s happened! It’s a shame I don’t play competitively it would have been great for me!