• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Norzan

Reaction score

So apparently this is a thing. Don't know if it's true but if it is, it's a big yikes because i doubt GF wants to put that much effort into Pokemon Home connectivity for BDSP. Yeah, they announced that it would be getting it, but i wouldn't be surprised if they ran into this issue after announcing that and it caused them to just give up. Hence why it's seemingly taking so long.

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I’ve never encountered a shiny (bar in Lets Go) so I’m quite shocked that it’s happened! It’s a shame I don’t play competitively it would have been great for me!
do make sure to cultivate it. pokemon in your party will get cured after some time, so keep a pokemon that has it in the pc so you can infect more pokemon

Kallyle

Starwalker Neo
Reaction score

So apparently this is a thing. Don't know if it's true but if it is, it's a big yikes because i doubt GF wants to put that much effort into Pokemon Home connectivity for BDSP. Yeah, they announced that it would be getting it, but i wouldn't be surprised if they ran into this issue after announcing that and it caused them to just give up. Hence why it's seemingly taking so long.
I guess that means a lot more Pokémon will be stuck in Home for awhile then people expected. Makes me wonder if this was set up on purpose by the Pokémon Company themselves.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/him
I guess that means a lot more Pokémon will be stuck in Home for awhile then people expected. Makes me wonder if this was set up on purpose by the Pokémon Company themselves.
I don't know. For all I love Pokémon, there are a lot of... programming quirks in it, to put it mildly.

ChocolatePenguin

Reaction score
So I"ve resumed BDSP and swapped two of my Pokemon. My replacement Pokemon is under leveled compared to the others. Its below level 40 while the others are 50. I've rematched trainers, but its very slow going and increases the gap between it and my stronger Pokemon.

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
I discovered a bug with Riolu. Somehow, mine evolved without high friendship. When it evolved, the resulting Lucario has no hearts showing on the Friendship Checker. My other friendship evolutions did need the hearts to show up. I must've ended up in a situation where incorrect coding allowed my Riolu to evolve too soon. I dunno what could've caused it exactly. My game's conditions at the time:

Time of day: dusk (which I guess still counts as day for Pokemon that only evolve during the day, like Riolu)
Evolution level: 16
Moveset: Quick Attack, Counter, Work Up, Metal Claw
Held item: Soothe Bell

I hadn't used it in battle, the last opponent defeated was a Gloom. Any one of these things or more than one combined could've caused this. Has anyone else had this happen with any of these same conditions?