• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Assassin Ninja Frog
Reaction score
And it would be hard to promote if all they changed was the graphics.
I 100% agree with you, Riley. Can't sell an old house if all you did was paint the walls. You have to fix any and all issues to make it new. I'm sure any glitches in the originals will be fixed. Some might be missed, but that's natural.

Last edited:
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I 100% agree with you, Riley. Can't see an old house if all you did was paint the walls. You have to fix any and all issues to make it new. I'm sure any glitches in the original will be fixed. Some might be missed, but that's natural.
And some obvious flaws will be gone, like HMs, the old Sinnoh Dex, and more. Also, many things will be changed because of the hardware, like the Poketch, the Pal Park, as well as the removal of the Dual Slot mechanic.

Assassin Ninja Frog
Reaction score
And some obvious flaws will be gone, like HMs, the old Sinnoh Dex, and more. Also, many things will be changed because of the hardware, like the Poketch, the Pal Park, as well as the removal of the Dual Slot mechanic.
Yeah, some things will be changed/removed due to the fact we are on the Switch now as opposed to the DS. The Switch only has one screen.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Yeah, some things will be changed/removed due to the fact we are on the Switch now as opposed to the DS. The Switch only has one screen.
Yeah, and the best way I think they can handle the dual slot obtainable Pokemon is to add them to the Regional Dex and make them available normally.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense. ALso, making all the new evolutions be available before the league.
Yeah. I think that the Regional Dex will be Platinum's with the addition of all the Sinnoh Legendaries not in the Platinum dex, all the Regis, all the formerly dual-slot obtainable Pokemon, Sylveon, Mr. Rime, and Ditto because it's needed in order to get Phione.

A Solidly Ossified Braincase
Reaction score
Remakes have become something the fandom expects. Originally, they were mainly made to fill up holes in the Pokédex, but now, Game Freak is almost obliged to make them in a cycle.
Which is why I think outsourcing the traditional remakes is a smart move. If they just feel obligated to make them, then they could at least do so in a way that doesn't impede their more interesting ideas. I honestly wouldn't mind it if Legends: Arceus was "the" Sinnoh remake and BDSP didn't exist, but because the limited aspiration of BDSP and its handling by a different studio mean that this isn't a mutually-exclusive scenario, then hey, cool, we get both.

Reaction score
Do you think that Greninja and/or Dracovish will be available in and/or transferable to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? Why?

Assassin Ninja Frog
Reaction score
Do you think that Greninja and/or Dracovish will be available in and/or transferable to Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? Why?
Why would they be in the games if it's a faithful remake? Also, why those two specifically?

Deafening Crimson Shouts
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/They
Honestly, no matter what point anyone tries to sell me about LGPE: graphics, nostalgia's stupid inherent benefit or whatever, etc.; it would never dissuade me from resenting it enough to its very conceptual core, to the point that I'll never play them unless by some odd chance I got them for free.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad that this remake might have no regional gimmick at all. I was getting tired of the idea that gimmicks were being treated as the future of Pokemon.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She / Her
I have never seen this much praise for LGPE and SwSh until these games were announced. It's actually kind of funny :LOL:
When the bar gets set even lower, this happens.

I will never "praise" LGP/E. It's just that these remakes are so cheaply made that they make even LGP/E look like a masterpiece.

Reaction score
Yeah, i will never praise SwSh and LGPE just because something worse comes out.