• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

For real, I hate the overworld models, they went through the trouble of making these full-sized models for in battle, why not just use those in the overworld? It doesn't make sense. Looks like a very lazily put together game. Sadly, Legends Arceus looks WAY better. The chibi leak was the last one I wanted to be real.

I got super excited when I saw the Diamond/Pearl screen and then felt nothing outside of disappointment when I saw the first scene of the new games. At the very least Legends looks amazing.

I’m sad to see the first Pokémon games I’ve ever played remade as such unambitious (and ugly) games...

Truth be told, I think the chibi overworld looks fine - kinda charming, even. But those in-battle scenes look pretty rough.

Hey, I'll still play it, but I'm way more interested in Legends.

(sees that it's not Let's Go Sinnoh or MAX Diamond & MAX Pearl)

PHEW...

So far my only nitpick would be the chibi-style graphics, but with the Legends Arceus new story also coming our way a little later, I'm already feeling more optimistic about the 2021-2022 off-season than I was yesterday.

As long as BDSP stay mostly true to the original stories & keeps the original features, then I won't complain.

This looks really cheaply made. I'm very disappointed. Still, I am very glad that we missed the LG bullet. Sadly, these games look just as conservative as LG was, but I guess at least these are a DS game and not a GB game.

These look like cheap titles to be put on eShop for $20. I'd feel a lot better about them if they were, but you know it'll be $60. SMH.

To be fair, it's not a Let's Go Games but it looks very Let's Go style-ish.

Right now we have too little info on the game to really judge, but no redesigns is a bit of a bummer cause I think Dawn and Lucas are the two protags with the worst designs in the entire franchise and could do with one.

Other than that, I quite like it. It looks a bit rough and unpolished but it's charming. Hopefully they still manage to add some stuff to make it worthwhile.

Statue looks dope though.

Looks like a cheap mobile knock off. I can't believe this actually passed quality control. Can anyone explain to me how ORAS had a 3d perspective change while Diamond and Pearl on the Switch remains top down, chibi and looking awful?

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom