• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

The ungratefulness I'm seeing in this thread caught me by surprise.

What did you expect? With new Pokémon announcements, it always follows with a round of ungratefulness. I;m just happy the heavily rumored Diamond and Pearl remakes have come. I can only hope they will put in the improvements of Platinum.

Well I have to say one thing: I was not expecting mass graphics complaints on a Nintendo board, let alone a Pokemon one. I'd expect that more from the other consoles or PC side of things. I for one like it. Reminds me of the older games, although that's kind of double-edged at the same time where the oldness of Sinnoh's design is coming through.

As long as they fix some of the flaws from the originals (the Pokedex...), I'm good with these games!

People demand Sinnoh remakes for years, and when they're finally announced, those same people are disappointed?
The ungratefulness I'm seeing in this thread caught me by surprise.
These games are not free, they're not charity. No one should be shamed for being disappointed with a product. I mean, I'd imagine most fans were expecting/wanting a more traditional remake rather than this. I can understand feeling frustrated when many people are being negative and you're in the minority, but lashing out and trying to shut down others like this is not the way to go methinks.
@SpinyShell The attachment in the spoiler box doesn't work. Also:

Hmm. Interesting, maybe that line means that anything available in those games, post or pre National 'dex, is fair game. That or maybe all gen 1-4 Pokémon are available?
(The site for Legends Arceus is too, but all the Arceus threads in this board got deleted?)
They're still up, they were just moved to a full new section.

My concern with it being faithful remakes is that it will keep the issues with the story of the original DP. For example, in the original, it never explains why Cyrus wanted to destroy the universe, but in Platinum's it said that he wants to destroy the universe because of spirit.

Anyway, I'm been kind of burned on the franchise as a whole, so I'm gonna wait for reviews before purchasing. Right now, I'm not totally convinced especially because the game does not visually appealing at all. But on the other hand, Pearl was my first game, and I love Pearl, so its 100% faithful, I could see myself playing it.

The Arceus games looks too more appealing though.

I kinda like the chibi style. Sort of Link's Awakening remake-esque. I don't know how to feel about the in battle models, but I really like everything in the overworld. And who knows? Maybe things will clean up by release. Maybe Contests will be cool. I like to try to stay positive.
Maybe part of it has to do with the fact that there was the expectation that the next big Pokémon news will be DP remakes, and if GF waits too long, then people might riot. (We had the announcement mid 2020. When DP remakes weren't announced, people got really mad. Same thing with the space center thing. There was never any indication that there would be Pokémon game news, and people still got mad and spammed the chat with "Gen 4" and other stuff like that. As someone in the comments of that video pointed out, the number four in Japan doesn't really have good connotations, so yeah, not a good look.) I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense, but what I'm trying to say is that DP remakes have to come eventually or else people will snap, and I think people need to learn to be more patient or else we'll get rushed games.
I mean I may not care as much because I'm not nostalgic for DP the way a lot of people are.

Is it too late to cancel this? To delete the reveal video, even the direct and start from scratch? I will literally wait another 4 years to get a good remake, because this will be the only sinnoh remake and knowing it looks like this annoys me more than anything.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom