• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Sinnoh is their home region. I think it makes sense. Plus, it means that they get full 3D models. I think that is why in the Diamond and Pearl remakes they don't have them.
They changed the designs of the protagonists for FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS. Here, the protags' designs were straight up copy pasted from the originals.

There will definitely be customization in Legends Arceus lol, there's no way they go out of their way to make a full HD open world Pokemon game without it. As far as BDSP, the only customization I could see would be like in LGPE, with a few alternate outfits but nothing crazy. I could see the Platinum designs being unlocked by like visiting a cabin on your way to Snowpoint City. Like one of those rest houses could have an NPC that's like "it gets a lot colder from here on out, try this on!"

Here's my team if anyone is interested:
250px-392Infernape.png

Nacho (Infernape)
Moves:
Flamethrower
Thunder Punch
Close Combat
U-Turn
250px-398Staraptor.png

Birb 3.0 (Staraptor)
Moves:
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Roost
Return
250px-405Luxray.png

Sparky (Luxray)
Moves:
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Crunch
250px-407Roserade.png

Rose (Roserade)
Moves:
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
250px-419Floatzel.png

Aqua (Floatzel)
Surf
Ice Beam
Crunch
Brick Break
250px-445Garchomp.png

Draco (Garchomp)
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Brick Break
Earthquake

Bro stop, that's my exact team from Platinum, in DP I had Hippo instead of Gar

Really want to see customization at least involved in Contests.

I mean, I don't think customization in SwSh was immediately revealed, so maybe it will be revealed when Contests are shown.

I think people've said it before here, and I agree: The game GF truly wanted to make and was passionate about it is Legends: Arceus.

Those DP remakes seem like something they were forced to produce due to years of requests by fans.

I have to agree, too. Honestly, I'd much rather have a new game with a fresh take on Sinnoh than a remake of Diamond and Pearl. I think in general, it's better to make what you're passionate about than what other people want.
I like to think that both the remakes and Legends: Arceus can be considered "Diamond and Pearl remakes".

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom