• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Them going with Chibi style graphics, might actually be an incentive to give us actual Battle Animations (From what i have seen is that Floatzel is really turning around to use its tail for a move).
It was using it to use Protect tho. At least that's what it seemed like. I don't recall it using it's tail to do that before, tho :unsure:

AAef6-AABiG9.jpg

Well the underground looks better.

I have to agree, too. Honestly, I'd much rather have a new game with a fresh take on Sinnoh than a remake of Diamond and Pearl. I think in general, it's better to make what you're passionate about than what other people want.
I like to think that both the remakes and Legends: Arceus can be considered "Diamond and Pearl remakes".

In a way Legends: Arceus can be considered a remake as well like you're saying. Other than taking place in the same region, the player characters both look like updated versions of Kouki and Hikari.

Right now I'm way more hyped for Legends.

Wow, this was a fucking disappointment, My favorite region, the remake I've been looking forward to, looks like an upscaled ds game. I mean seriously, I wasn't expecting it to look like sword and shield, but I hoped it would at least be similar, to omega ruby and alpha sapphire, in terms of character models. Hopefully, the story has minor tweaks, like most of the other remake's, so this isn't a total dumpster fire of a game. Like fuck could they of at least put some effort into this remake.

Wow, this was a fucking disappointment, My favorite region, the remake I've been looking forward to, looks like an upscaled ds game. I mean seriously, I wasn't expecting it to look like sword and shield, but I hoped it would at least be similar, to omega ruby and alpha sapphire, in terms of character models. Hopefully, the story has minor tweaks, like most of the other remake's, so this isn't a total dumpster fire of a game. Like fuck could they of at least put some effort into this remake.
You're not alone. There's some others that agree with you.

View: https://youtu.be/cifA08txjNQ?t=2315

What are the features platinum had and DP didn't? Besides the upgraded dex and the Battle Frontier?
In addition to what's been said, there's:

Roaming Kanto birds
Event Regi trio
Wi-Fi Plaza
Fantina's the third GL now, and some major character teams have been tweaked

Aside from that, the other changes were all pretty minimal.

Well the underground looks better.

Every single aspect of the BDSP overworld looks like an improvement over the originals to me. Seriously.

Which is just ironic because I think, in a way, DP's battle scenes look better than BDSP's despite being far simpler in detail. The battle sprites were at least decent, whereas the current supply of models, while impressive, really suffer without the right sort of lighting and shading engines.

If they can bring those back up to LGPE's level by November, I think it'll be alright, but even then, it's still extremely jarring to go from the chibi overworld to the full-scale battles. LGPE used the same scale in both scenarios, so it felt cohesive.

Last edited:
You know, I think the names should have been different, just so it wouldn’t leave us with such an unfortunate abbreviation.
I don't know what the abbreviations are used for unfortunate situations and I would like to not know about it.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom