• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

The game is coming out this year, so within 10 months. You think they're still going to redo all the 3D character models? I doubt the final game is gonna look much different from this.
That’s not what I said. There were plenty of graphical improvements from SwSh’s trailers before final release.

Are we entirely SURE that's the Underground and not Oreburgh Mine?

It doesn't really match Oreburgh Mine's layout.

I guess it could be a visually-overhauled Wayward Cave, but the wooden braces along the walls are much more recognizable as a part of the Underground.

That’s not what I said. There were plenty of graphical improvements from SwSh’s trailers before final release.

Were there? Really? Genuinely curious, didn't notice any and not heard it discussed. That poor tree people like to go on about was unchanged.

LGPE are main series games. They were explicitly labeled as such.

Considering GF themselves called them a "bridge" between GO and the main series, I highly doubt they are "true" main series games like Sword/Shield. Especially given the previously mentioned heavily stripped down nature of them. That just screams spin-off. Besides, they're just another Kanto cash grab, thus that further screams spin-off.

Were there? Really? Genuinely curious, didn't notice any and not heard it discussed. That poor tree people like to go on about was unchanged.
Yup! I believe it was mostly textures and the like, but I don’t have a full list atm.
Considering GF themselves called them a "bridge" between GO and the main series, I highly doubt they are "true" main series games like Sword/Shield. Especially given the previously mentioned heavily stripped down nature of them. That just screams spin-off. Besides, they're just another Kanto cash grab, thus that further screams spin-off.
“These games aren’t spin-offs. These are core Pokemon titles. As for whether we would make other games that could connect to Pokemon GO, that will depend on how the games are received. If we hear a lot of people saying that they enjoyed being able to bring Pokemon to these games from Pokemon GO, then we’ll think about maybe having future titles also be able to connect to it.”
-Junichi Masuda

“These games aren’t spin-offs. These are core Pokemon titles. As for whether we would make other games that could connect to Pokemon GO, that will depend on how the games are received. If we hear a lot of people saying that they enjoyed being able to bring Pokemon to these games from Pokemon GO, then we’ll think about maybe having future titles also be able to connect to it.”
-Junichi Masuda

Alright, fair enough. But they still scream spin-off to me because of my previous statements. Hot, stinking, Kanto-worshiping, GO garbage spin-offs. But the fact remains that they weren't made to be compatible with other main series due to the fact they were not only Gen 7 games, which existed primarily on the 3DS, but also the, again, stripped down nature of them to coincide with GO's equally limited nature. Only thanks to HOME did they gain some form of compatibility with the rest of the series, which is a paid service like Bank, and even then it's a one-way trip to Sword/Shield, if the Mon in question actually exists in the Galar Dex. Thus, using LGPE as a compatibility comparison is a rather bad one.

If as seems obvious GF just wanted to make Legends, why not scrap DP remakes and have Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup as starters in Legends
Because then they'd have to port a dual screen game onto a single screen console, which might be harder than one might think.
I'm thinking they won't really be compatible with SwSh at all, much like LGPE. But even if that's the case, they can still implement SwSh's quality of life solutions in other ways. TRs would just need to revert to unbreakable TMs, and LGPE contained a sort of precursor to Mints with Madame Celadon. Something similar could be applied here. (Then again, LGPE carried over Bottle Caps from Gen 7 so they could follow suit and simply bring Mints as they are into these as well.)
Exactly. Got to milk Home somehow.

What wonderful news! The by far greatest region and the greatest Pokemon games are going to get a remake! Oh happy day!

Needless to say, what I'm looking for most is the return of the one and only, Her Majesty Cynthia :love: :notworthy:. I do hope so much that she'll kick that Leon's ass and show the world there are much stronger trainers out there!

So looking forward to all of this!

What wonderful news! The by far greatest region and the greatest Pokemon games are going to get a remake! Oh happy day!

Needless to say, what I'm looking for most is the return of the one and only, Her Majesty Cynthia :love: :notworthy:. I do hope so much that she'll kick that Leon's ass and show the world there are much stronger trainers out there!

So looking forward to all of this!

I would like to see her in the anime become World Champion.
Too bad she can't appear in Legends Arceus.

I guess it could be a visually-overhauled Wayward Cave, but the wooden braces along the walls are much more recognizable as a part of the Underground.
I feel as though a big part of why Wayward Cave was so confusing to navigate was because it was also dark. It being lit is also another indicator that it's more likely the man-made Underground tunnel system?

I've been trying all day to convince myself that I don't hate the looks of these remakes, but the trailer didn't get me hyped at all. I actually kind of wanted them to keep a semi grid based map (and the map looks OKish), but the chibi character models are a bit off putting. I'm reserving judgement on the graphics for now, but the way they continually stressed the word "faithful" kind of bums me out. I really hope that including story elements from Platinum is still seen as "faithful".

From here, I can only hope that these games make up in content what they lack in presentation, but even still...I feel like its going to require a lot for me to want to play these games over just re-playing platinum.

Been thinking about these remakes and wondering what about the models was so familiar.
For some reason, they remind me of Pixel Chicks. Please don't ask me why, because I could never explain it.
Also Harvest Moon. strong Harvest Moon vibes.
And those Smurf Micro Village toys.
I may not like the battle models too much (I don't hate them, and there's certainly a chance that they'll be fixed), but I absolutely love everything in the overworld.

Back in 2016 I thought it was cool how popular Pokemon was again thanks to Pokemon Go, but now I wish I could go back in time and stop it from ever coming out. All it seems to have done is derail the franchise and make everything convoluted.
But couldn't the "new" Pokemon Go fans, help the TCG franchise? And make it easier for guys like us to sell older pokemon cards, to Pokemon Go fans?

I am so sorry but I am really disappointed. I always say that I don't want any more remakes. And this game is concrete evidence.
FRLG added sevii islands, new character designs, abilities, held items, breeding
HGSS added a ton of new features. Following pokemon, pokeathlon, battle frontier, new routes and new safari zone, new character designs, fixed viridian forest and many more
ORAS added mega evolution, new character designs, Delta episode, dexnav, new design for mauville
LGEP is kind of a mess
and BDSP seems to add almost no new feature. Even no new character design. I was really looking forward to that. 1-1 map. Bad graphics. At least they have underground it seems. The content they add in every remake reduced since HGSS and that is so sad. Why would I play BDSP? Why? What is their selling point? If I want to play a Sinnoh game I would go and play D/P/P instead.

At least Legends Arceus is what I dreamt about for a long time and glad they are trying new things.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom