• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

I am so sorry but I am really disappointed. I always say that I don't want any more remakes. And this game is concrete evidence.
FRLG added sevii islands, new character designs, abilities, held items, breeding
HGSS added a ton of new features. Following pokemon, pokeathlon, battle frontier, new routes and new safari zone, new character designs, fixed viridian forest and many more
ORAS added mega evolution, new character designs, Delta episode, dexnav, new design for mauville
LGEP is kind of a mess
and BDSP seems to add almost no new feature. Even no new character design. I was really looking forward to that. 1-1 map. Bad graphics. At least they have underground it seems. The content they add in every remake reduced since HGSS and that is so sad. Why would I play BDSP? Why? What is their selling point? If I want to play a Sinnoh game I would go and play D/P/P instead.

At least Legends Arceus is what I dreamt about for a long time and glad they are trying new things.
We literally have only one trailer, and it's the announcement one, so calm down, they're going to reveal the new content later.

60a.png

Source: Know Your Meme

I get it to an extent because even I was disappointed at first and I'm usually easily satisfied with Pokemon, at least compared to others here. But after letting it sit for a while I do think we need to calm down and wait for more info. Some people are taking the "faithful" thing insanely literally or immediately assuming that there's going to be nothing new in these games, and we just don't know that yet.

Also, looks like there will be some stuff from Platinium, as some NPC in Floroma was apparently in PT but not DP (haven't played the originals since I was a kid so wouldn't know). So there is hope there.

But couldn't the "new" Pokemon Go fans, help the TCG franchise? And make it easier for guys like us to sell older pokemon cards, to Pokemon Go fans?

Okay maybe I was a bit harsh haha. I meant in terms of main series video games, I think most people agree that the main line games have been on the decline despite pokemon being more popular than ever.

Okay maybe I was a bit harsh haha. I meant in terms of main series video games, I think most people agree that the main line games have been on the decline despite pokemon being more popular than ever.
Yup. Look what Pokemon Go fans effected on Sword/Shield.

-Final starters are all single-elemented.
-Battle tower has no restrictions on any legendary/mythical pokemon.
-Exp. share for all pokemon on team.

Etc.

and BDSP seems to add almost no new feature. Even no new character design. I was really looking forward to that.

I mean, the one and only trailer we have doesn't really show a whole lot, aside from battles and some overworld stuff. I think future trailers might show new/improved features.

We literally have only one trailer, and it's the announcement one, so calm down, they're going to reveal the new content later.
These games don't have new character designs, most certainly don't have any pokemon from past gen4, most certainly don't have any new story, most certainly don't have any new places/routes/cities, most certainly don't have new features like pokeatlhon, they might not have a battle frontier since Masuda thinks no one interested in them, chibi style is sooo bad I wish they look like LGEP or XY/ORAS. They stated over and over again that they are faithful to the original games. At most they will add mega or dynamax but looking at the battle screen I don't think dynamax is on the table right now. Maybe there could be a distortion world episode or something. And maybe they can have little quests for the mythicals like darkrai and cresselia. But still these aren't enough for them to call these new games. And again the chibi style looks really bad. It is pokemon one of the most colorful and imaginative franchises of all time but still, these graphics look so empty and baloony and fake.

FINALLY, the day has come! Pearl was my very first main line game ever and I am HYPED to go back to the game that started it all. I love the adorable chibi style of Dawn and Lucas. This game is going to be so nostalgic. I'm so glad it's later this year. This is going to be soooo awesome. Shining Pearl here I come, baby! :bulbaLove:

Why would I play BDSP? Why? What is their selling point? If I want to play a Sinnoh game I would go and play D/P/P instead.

To be fair, BDSP are useful for people who don't still own the originals and are opposed to piracy. Second-hand prices of Pokémon games can get very high.

Yup. Look what Pokemon Go fans effected on Sword/Shield.

-Final starters are all single-elemented.

What's your evidence that this was influenced by GO? Especially when the core games most designed to bring GO players in - LGPE - have dual-typed Starters, including one who can change type via Mega Evolution. And it's not as if GO doesn't have all the same dual-types as the main series... GO players know how dual-types work.

-Battle tower has no restrictions on any legendary/mythical pokemon.

Battle Tower challenges have been criticised for having a high barrier of entry for a lot longer than GO has been around, and allowing Legendaries into them is one way to ease that somewhat. Again, there's not really any evidence that this decision was made because of GO. Furthermore, Restricted Sparring exists as an even tougher alternative to the Battle Tower, with the usual restrictions and more in place.

-Exp. share for all pokemon on team.

This has been a thing since 2013. GO has been a thing since 2016.

This has been a thing since 2013. GO has been a thing since 2016.
Nah, back in X/Y, the experience was evenly given 100% to all the pokemon that particated in battle, instead of 1/2 or 1/3, etc. In Sword/Shield, experience was even given to pokemon that didn't participate in battle, but at a lesser %.

These games don't have new character designs, most certainly don't have any pokemon from past gen4, most certainly don't have any new story, most certainly don't have any new places/routes/cities, most certainly don't have new features like pokeatlhon, they might not have a battle frontier since Masuda thinks no one interested in them, chibi style is sooo bad I wish they look like LGEP or XY/ORAS. They stated over and over again that they are fateful to the original games. At most they will add mega or dynamax but looking at the battle screen I don't think dynamax is on the table right now. Maybe there could be a distortion world episode or something. And maybe they can have little quests for the mythicals like darkrai and cresselia. But still these aren't enough for them to call these new games. And again the chibi style looks really bad. It is pokemon one of the most colorful and imaginative franchises of all time but still, these graphics look so empty and baloony and fake.
Jesus, we have one trailer, and the games ain't releasing until november, there's tons of time for new stuff to be announced. Chill

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom