• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Instead of accusing me of acting in bad faith, why not just clarify your point?
Because I believe everyone knew my point.

I'm responding to this argument of yours:

I'm arguing that there's no major issue that comes from removing these restrictions. I don't see what you mean by "add an argument I didn't add".
Yea, but I didn't complain it was an issue. Just something I noticed. They've never allowed mythical pokemon to battle, or legendary pokemon with a bst of 680, for example. All to make it easier for Pokemon Go fans.

Don’t know if the Shinx had its original or modern sound. I just hope Pikachu have Ikue Ōtani’s “Pika pika!” fans all know and love.

I knew people were going to hate the graphics immediately, but I personally find them pretty charming. The chibi characters are a nice homage to the original sprite work and the in-battle models look vibrant as well. I hated the bobble head on regular body look of the Let's Go games and Gen 8's models weren't exactly awe-inspiring either.

Nothing touches how good New Pokemon Snap looks really, and that is a spin-off not a mainline title. If this possibly means I have lowered my expectations somewhat for mainline Pokemon over the years, so be it.

Don’t know if the Shinx had its original or modern sound. I just hope Pikachu have Ikue Ōtani’s “Pika pika!” fans all know and love.
I'm pretty certain modern cries will be used, and Pikachu and Eevee will say their names. Also, I for one, definitely do not love the fact that Pikachu says its name. I'd say I feel the exact opposite of love...

Because I believe everyone knew my point.
Okay, but clearly I don't if you're saying that I'm not addressing your point correctly. So, again, instead of accusing me of intentionally misinterpreting you, why not just clarify?

Yea, but I didn't complain it was an issue. Just something I noticed.
You literally gave it as an example of the main games being on the decline.
1614389287864.png

All to make it easier for Pokemon Go fans.
Why couldn't it just be that they wanted people to get to use the legendaries in the facility?

Okay, but clearly I don't if you're saying that I'm not addressing your point correctly. So, again, instead of accusing me of intentionally misinterpreting you, why not just clarify?
You can do process of elimination. If I said A and you interpreted it as B, and I said it wasn't B, you can narrow it down.

You literally gave it as an example of the main games being on the decline.
View attachment 140357

Why couldn't it just be that they wanted people to get to use the legendaries in the facility?
Same reason why Gen 7 and Gen 6 final evo's were all double-elemented instead of single-elemented. It was all patterns they chose to cater to Pokemon Go fans. As a 3rd example, I personally found the Gen 6 Elite 4 much harder than the Gen 8 Elite 4.

Same reason why Gen 7 and Gen 6 final evo's were all double-elemented instead of single-elemented. It was all patterns they chose to cater to Pokemon Go fans.
Can you elaborate on how making the gen 8 starters all monotype is somehow an attempt to cater to GO fans? Because I don't really understand how the two things are correlated, especially considering the first set of starters introduced to GO players included two dualtyped Pokémon.
As another example, I personally found the Gen 6 Elite 4 much harder than the Gen 8 Elite 4.
This is ultimately subjective as the opposite occurred for me. In fact, I feel that gen 6 contains the easiest games of the franchise, and they came before GO.

You can do process of elimination. If I said A and you interpreted it as B, and I said it wasn't B, you can narrow it down.
This is literally all you said:
Yup. Look what Pokemon Go fans effected on Sword/Shield.
-Exp. share for all pokemon on team.
What is "A" supposed to be, if not "Experience share for all Pokemon was made to appeal to Go fans"?
Same reason why Gen 7 and Gen 6 final evo's were all double-elemented instead of single-elemented. It was all patterns they chose to cater to Pokemon Go fans. As another example, I personally found the Gen 6 Elite 4 much harder than the Gen 8 Elite 4.
Again, you're not providing any evidence that these were actually made to appeal to Go players. You're just pointing to a design choice, saying "This was done to cater to Go fans" and leaving it at that. That's not evidence, that's just forcing your interpretation onto things.

Why would single-type starters appeal to Go fans? Go has plenty of dual-types, including Charizard and Venusaur, starters in the game. Why would dual-types be something they wanted to avoid?

This is literally all you said:

What is "A" supposed to be, if not "Experience share for all Pokemon was made to appeal to Go fans"?
To make the game easier for them. The leveling up the pokemon part.

Again, you're not providing any evidence that these were actually made to appeal to Go players. You're just pointing to a design choice, saying "This was done to cater to Go fans" and leaving it at that. That's not evidence, that's just forcing your interpretation onto things.

Why would single-type starters appeal to Go fans? Go has plenty of dual-types, including Charizard and Venusaur, starters in the game. Why would dual-types be something they wanted to avoid?
To make the games easier for them.

And if you were going to ask the question, why did the Battle Tower allow legendarys and mythicals into it, without restrictions, I would say, to make the games easier for them.

To make the game easier for them. The leveling up the pokemon part.
So then my response is actually perfectly fine.
The EXP All also goes back to Gen 1, so you can't really say that's a new thing dreamt up for Go fans.
The Exp All was in Gen 1. It returned in Gen 6, the generation that you argued was harder because of its dual-type starters and its E4. So you can't make the case that the Exp All is an example of Game Freak wanting to make games easier for Go fans, because it's a feature that predates Go.
To make the games easier for them.
Having two STAB types is arguably easier than having just one, because it gives more coverage.

And, for what must be the third time, if Go fans are used to playing with dual-types in Go, why would dual-types starters suddenly be such an issue for them in mainline games?

So then my response is actually perfectly fine.

The Exp All was in Gen 1. It returned in Gen 6, the generation that you argued was harder because of its dual-type starters and its E4. So you can't make the case that the Exp All is an example of Game Freak wanting to make games easier for Go fans, because it's a feature that predates Go.
The experience for all was only for the pokemon that partaked in the battle. That didn't start till Gen 8.

Having two STAB types is arguably easier than having just one, because it gives more coverage.
Yes, but not for defensively. Then it takes more time to calculate weaknesses.

And, for what must be the third time, if Go fans are used to playing with dual-types in Go, why would dual-types starters suddenly be such an issue for them in mainline games?
To take more time calculating weaknesses.

The experience for all was only for the pokemon that partaked in the battle. That didn't start till Gen 8.
1614390848871.png

1614390735678.png

Next time, do a little research instead of accusing someone else of bad-faith attacking you just because you didn't remember when the Exp All came back.
Yes, but not for defensively. Then it takes more time to calculate weaknesses.
For the fourth time, now- Go players still have to calculate these weaknesses on their teams in Go. Why is it different when they're playing a mainline game?

View attachment 140361
View attachment 140360
Next time, do a little research instead of accusing someone else of bad-faith attacking you just because you didn't remember when the Exp All came back.
Yes, that's the item. But it doesn't contradict what I said.

For the fourth time, now- Go players still have to calculate these weaknesses on their teams in Go. Why is it different when they're playing a mainline game?
So... if Inteleon were Water/Ghost instead of Water, then it would all of a sudden be afraid of Ghost and Dark attacks. Which it wouldn't be if it were pure Water.

Yes, that's the item. But it doesn't contradict what I said.
Yes, it does. You said that
But that's not true. In Gen 6, the Experience All gave xp to ALL Pokemon on your party, not just one Pokemon that held the item.
So... if Inteleon were Water/Ghost instead of Water, then it would all of a sudden be afraid of Ghost and Dark attacks. Which it wouldn't be if it were pure Water.
Yes, and that is how types work in Go, too. And again, Go has dual-type starters- Charizard is Fire/Flying, so it's weak to Electric, too. Venusaur is Grass/Poison, so it's weak to Psychic, too. You're not making a new case here, you're just repeating that dual-types have more weaknesses, and my response is the same- those same weaknesses exist in Go, too.

Yes, it does. You said that

But that's not true.
It is true.

Gen 6 just changed the way it was divided. If 3 pokemon partaked in the same battle, rather than getting 1/3rd each, they all got 100% each. But the other pokemon on the team that didn't battle didn't get any. That changed in Sword/Shield.

Yes, and that is how types work in Go, too. And again, Go has dual-type starters- Charizard is Fire/Flying, so it's weak to Electric, too. Venusaur is Grass/Poison, so it's weak to Psychic, too. You're not making a new case here, you're just repeating that dual-types have more weaknesses, and my response is the same- those same weaknesses exist in Go, too.
Gen 1 pokemon's elements typing were already defined. Gen 8 pokemon were not.

Edit: anyways, all the final evos in LGPE were all single-elemented. Charizard and Venusaur weren't LGPE starters.

Gen 6 just changed the way it was divided. If 3 pokemon partaked in the same battle, rather than getting 1/3rd each, they all got 100% each. But the other pokemon on the team that didn't battle didn't get any.
Holy fuck dude, are you just not reading what I linked at all?

In Gen 6, the experience share gave experience to all Pokemon in your party, regardless of whether or not they were part of the battle.

The item description says "All Pokemon on your team." The Bulbapedia explanation says it's all non-fainted Pokemon on your team. I've said three times now that it worked like the Exp All from Gen 1.

I don't know how else to explain this to you. I can link you a video showing dialogue from XY where a character says "If you turn on the Experience Share, all Pokemon of the Pokemon on your team get Exp. Points, even if they don't appear in battle." Does that prove it?
Gen 1 pokemon's elements typing were already defined. Gen 8 pokemon were not.
So? That doesn't change the fact that Go players clearly have experience with dual-types.
Edit: anyways, all the final evos in LGPE were all single-elemented. Charizard and Venusaur weren't LGPE starters.
Pokemon Go, the app, lets you pick Charizard and Bulbasaur as starters.

Holy fuck dude, are you just not reading what I linked at all?

In Gen 6, the experience share gave experience to all Pokemon in your party, regardless of whether or not they were part of the battle.

The item description says "All Pokemon on your team." The Bulbapedia explanation says it's all non-fainted Pokemon on your team. I've said three times now that it worked like the Exp All from Gen 1.

I don't know how else to explain this to you. I can link you a video showing dialogue from XY where a character says "If you turn on the Experience Share, all Pokemon of the Pokemon on your team get Exp. Points, even if they don't appear in battle." Does that prove it?
Yes, but that doesn't contradict what I said.

So? That doesn't change the fact that Go players clearly have experience with dual-types.
Right, but it makes it simpler.

The final evos in LGPE were all single-elemented. Sword/Shield kept that tradition.

Yes, but that doesn't contradict what I said.
Yes, it does!
But the other pokemon on the team that didn't battle didn't get any. That changed in Sword/Shield.
This is not true! Gen 6's experience share gives it to all Pokemon, even those not in the battle! Gen 8's experience all works the same way as Gen 6's! The only difference is that you can't turn it off!
The final evos in LGPE were all single-elemented. Sword/Shield kept that tradition.
As you said yourself, Gen 1 Pokemon's types were already designed long before. The fact that Pikachu and Eevee were chosen as the partner Pokemon for LGPE isn't because they're single-types, it's because of their popularity.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom