• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Most people are saying that the 30th anniversary is when Gen 10 will come out.
Then those people are assuming that 2022 will get both Legends and a new generation. I don't see that happening (talk about a rushed mess), but in that case 2026 could be a repeat of that. Anyway, 4 years is a long enough gap between Legends entries.

It's not half a year, though. BDSP is set for late this year, which usually means November 2021, and Legends is out early 2022, which usually means March or April...then that's just short of half a year between them.

Gen 9 will probably be out Holiday 2023 at the earliest. Especially since everything has been pushed back due to last year putting everything on hold.

One of the things I love the most about remakes is the character re-designs which are often interesting. I loved how OR/AS characters were redesigned to look much better in cooler outfits. Protagonists and Wally, Team Aqua, and some of the gym leaders particularly were well redesigned. I am a bit bummed that the characters we have seen so far are exactly the same as their DP appearances, which is a little bit sad for a design enthusiast like me.

Can't wait to see how Eterna Forest and the Old Chateau will be redone. Hoping they make it more 3-D.

You know how Zacian and Zamazenta can hold an item to make its base stats go up? Would be dope if they made an item like that for Rotom-Ghost only. Make it more competitive. Rotom has appeared in different forms in so many gens now, from pokedex to pc, I'm hoping they do something for Rotom-Ghost.

One of the things I love the most about remakes is the character re-designs which are often interesting. I loved how OR/AS characters were redesigned to look much better in cooler outfits. Protagonists and Wally, Team Aqua, and some of the gym leaders particularly were well redesigned. I am a bit bummed that the characters we have seen so far are exactly the same as their DP appearances, which is a little bit sad for a design enthusiast like me.
I just hope we get new artwork for them at least.

I just hope we get new artwork for them at least.
I think the weirdly shaded art that looks like Japanese fan renders from 1999...is the new art.

If anything the obligatory redesigns are the Legends protags.

People demand Sinnoh remakes for years, and when they're finally announced, those same people are disappointed?
Because they got outsourced and look worse than 3DS and Let's Go entries?
Honestly I’d have taken a Let's go game over this. Those games had a charm. This is plain cheap. I’d even be fine with them taking a break year so BSDP didn’t exist at all.

Pokmeon Legends is enough on its own.

Because they got outsourced and look worse than 3DS and Let's Go entries?
Honestly I’d have taken a Let's go game over this. Those games had a charm. This is plain cheap. I’d even be fine with them taking a break year so BSDP didn’t exist at all.

Pokmeon Legends is enough on its own.
The chibi models were done in reference to the original sprites used in Diamond and Pearl.

The chibi models were done in reference to the original sprites used in Diamond and Pearl.
That doesn’t make it any less cheap. The lighting is bad and the art style is really inconsistent. You asked why people were disappointed, and you got the answer. It’s literally a step down from Let’s Go. I don’t think that could’ve been achieved before.

Last edited:
People demand Sinnoh remakes for years, and when they're finally announced, those same people are disappointed?

It's called having standards. If the Pokemon company believe that I will spend $60 on a glorified mobile title, then they got a prayer. I didn't buy sword and shield because it looked terrible, but this looks even worse and I sure as hell won't be buying this shameless remake. I'll stick to let's go and I'll buy another Pokemon game when it's actually good. I wish more Pokemon fans would do the same, tbh. It's about time this company realises that they shouldn't take their fanbase for granted.

You want to go to McDonalds, you wait all week to go to McDonalds, you finally get to the weekend, you order the McDonalds, you get given a cold burger the lettuce has wilted, the milkshake is warm and melted, and they completely forgot to put the fries in the bag.

I have never played the old games, my first pokemon game was sun and moon so I can not wait

You know I remember on this very forum people saying they might not want the remakes because game freak might ruin them by making them to different or cutting content or dynamax being shoehorned in. We get confirmation of a game that is being faithful (probably to a fault based on what they're saying) with visuals very familiar to DP and no dynamax and you're upset.

The chibi models are a design choice to make the game look like the sinnoh we grew up with instead of a 3d modeled bad texture mess that was swsh

Also shouldn't we be judging the game on gameplay and not so much on visuals?

Last edited:
The chibi models are a design choice to make the game look like the sinnoh we grew up with instead of a 3d modeled bad texture mess that was swsh
They could have done this without making the game look extremely cheap. Just because you are trying to make the game look like the originals doesn't give you the excuse to make the game look like this.

A lot of people have been waiting for 15 years and this is what they give us. Again, didn't expected state of the art graphics, but i expected better than this.

And the whole thing of being faithful to the originals is a red flag to me. Yes, i don't want them to mess around with the originals too much, or add mechanics like Dyanamx (easily one of the mechanics i hate the most), but if you are not gonna bother changing much at all, why i would i buy this? I can just play Platinum and most likely have a better experience than whatever this remake could give me.

Last edited:
They could have done this without making the game look extremely cheap. Just because you are trying to make the game look like the originals doesn't give you the excuse to make the game look like this.

A lot of people have been waiting for 15 years and this is what they give us. Again, didn't expected state of the art graphics, but i expected better than this.

And the whole thing of being faithful to the originals is a red flag to me. Yes, i don't want them to mess around with the originals too much, or add mechanics like Dyanamx (easily one of the mechanics i hate the most), but if you are not gonna bother changing much at all, why i would i buy this? I can just play Platinum and most likely have a better experience than whatever this remake could give me.
The same is true of all remakes when it comes to why should you buy them over the originals. Even HGSS is mostly the same as GSC with the add ons of the pokeathlon and a safari zone. But in 2010 I had access to the original Gold version and it worked and actually I had played it the year before hgss was announced. If you've played the originals already and even still have access to them its probably even recommended to skip out on them. Theres a reason remakes (even hgss considered much better than gsc) sell significantly less than new titles.

Also in what ways does it look cheap? Just because its chibi? The chibi models heads do look a bit big for their bodies and they should use outlines in my opinion that much I can agree on, but nothing looks cheap here, just stylized to fit the aesthetic they're going for.

Edit: and once again gameplay is whats important and if it plays like the original we should have no worries

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom