• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

1614747168382.png

lol I saw that. I am apart of the 6% that is excited for New Pokemon Snap more than anything.

I wonder if TCPI threw sinnoh remakes under the bus because legends is releasing 2-3 months after it? Two big Pokemon games have never released this close to each other, and a full scale Sinnoh remake would have taken the sails out of legends. Fortunately, Sinnoh remakes have topped Let's Go as the most anti-hyped Pokemon reveal, and the fact that Let's Go only sold 12 million despite being Kanto in HD, the first pokemon game in HD, and had no future Pokemon game ahead of it only tells how how badly this game will underperform. This game won't sell more than 8 million lifetime.

I think they will have at least 10-12 million lifetime, if note more. Everyone saw LGPE as a blatant cash grab and knew that the games played differently than the mainlines games. At least BDSP has classic gameplay. Although you bring up a good point, the "early 2022" release date for Legends is strange. I just don't see why they would benefit from throwing these remakes under the bus.

It's a tough sell. Sinnoh remakes cost the same as Legends, but it looks signficantly worse. Serebii Joe also worked out the japanese dates that pins the sinnoh remakes November (the earliest) and Legends will release March next year (the latest). This means that the sinnoh remakes will release in the peak hype cycle of Legends and it will have no legs at all. ORAS managed to sell only 14 million units, which was helped by there being no new games for 2 years and the Pokemon Go boost being there. I know the Sinnoh region is more popular than Hoenn, but these remakes don't have the same metrics as the previous ones because of how legends overshadowed it. I know it won't happen, but I wish these games were cancelled. Or at least delayed. Sinnoh is (to me) the best Pokemon region and Platinum are the best games, and they deserve better than this,

I'm pretty much in the camp that believes that Gamefreak didn't wanted to make these remakes yet, and are just doing it to have a game released this year and also to avoid questions of why they are making the Arceus game and not also a remake of the Gen 4 games. Because if they only announced the Arceus game people would be in mass asking why they aren't doing Gen 4 remakes as well.

Honestly, i would have waited a couple more years for a Gen 4 remake. I have waited 15 years, i can wait a few more years.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much in the camp that believes that Gamefreak didn't wanted to make these remakes yet, and are just doing it to have a game released this year and also to avoid questions of why they are making the Arceus game and not also a remake of the Gen 4 remakes. Because if they only announced the Arceus game people would be in mass asking why they aren't doing Gen 4 remakes as well.

Honestly, i would have waited a couple more years for a Gen 4 remake. I have waited 15 years, i can wait a few more years.

I'm in the same boat. I don't buy the whole faithful remake notion they're going with considering the system that it is on. Also, Why didn't fire red and leaf green look like the original games, why didn't heartgold souls silver look like the original games? The same goes for ORAS. Why did Gamefreak conveniently pass off making a mainline Pokemon game for the first time, only to be making another Sinnoh game? Why does DP remakes look like something that could be made in the shortest possible time? I wouldn't be surprised if Legends was supposed to be released this year, but with COVID delays they couldn't do it, so they comissioned the fasted possible remake for DP to get something out this year.

BDSP will flop and at least they’ll know afterwards to never approach such a lazy style of game ever again lol

You all can bash LGPE all you want, but they are objectively the most aesthetically pleasing Pokémon games to date, with cleaner and more colorful graphics than even Sword and Shield and those slightly-chibi, but not too chibi player models we had grown accustomed to in Gen 6. If they had used LGPE’s engine as a base for BDSP, included the basic mechanics LGPE caught a lot of flak for excluding, like wild battles, Abilities, held items, EVs, etc. on top of the much-requested Platinum features like the Battle Frontier and Giratina storyline, we’d have 10/10 games on our hands.

Fortunately or unfortunately, these games will be severely overshadowed by LA, and honestly? I’m all for it. LA will probably be the best Pokémon game to date, BDSP is just a quick side project to hold us off for a few more months while they polish LA and give us the REAL Sinnoh game we want.

I'm in the same boat. I don't buy the whole faithful remake notion they're going with considering the system that it is on. Also, Why didn't fire red and leaf green look like the original games, why didn't heartgold souls silver look like the original games? The same goes for ORAS. Why did Gamefreak conveniently pass off making a mainline Pokemon game for the first time, only to be making another Sinnoh game? Why does DP remakes look like something that could be made in the shortest possible time? I wouldn't be surprised if Legends was supposed to be released this year, but with COVID delays they couldn't do it, so they comissioned the fasted possible remake for DP to get something out this year.
Anyone believing that GameFreak somehow started to put 100% effort into making remakes should really step back and take a long look at how lacking the last remakes've been. The Switch could easily handle a better game, but for some reason they went with this underwhelming design choice for the Gen 4 remakes. I was expecting something like SwSh at the very least, but I ended up with this. I'd rather wait for more 2-3 years and play a better game than pay 60$ for these remakes. The thing is that Masuda isn't treating these remakes as mainline games, but as a side project. It's just sad because we'll never see another Gen4 game never again.

Anyone believing that GameFreak somehow started to put 100% effort into making remakes should really step back and take a long look at how lacking the last remakes've been. The Switch could easily handle a better game, but for some reason they went with this underwhelming design choice for the Gen 4 remakes. I was expecting something like SwSh at the very least, but I ended up with this. I'd rather wait for more 2-3 years and play a better game than pay 60$ for these remakes. The thing is that Masuda isn't treating these remakes as mainline games, but as a side project. It's just sad because we'll never see another Gen4 game never again.

The saddest part is a lot of us have been waiting years for these games. I grew up playing these games and I couldn't wait to see Sinnoh realised in HD and in 3D. I wanted to see what gamefreak could turn the region into and what could they add to the experience. We will never get that. Ever. This is the only Sinnoh remakes we will get and they were wasted on this. Why couldn't they just port platinum to the switch and delay it? I would wait years for the remake if I knew it would be much better than this. As a Pokemon fan, it's deflating. It isn't bad for us to expect the best from gamefreak and the Pokemon Company, and even when we lower our standards, they still somehow disappoint us. I know the whole Pokemon community has been riddled with toxicity and in fighting, but isn't it amazing that this only happened when there was a huge drop in quality? A good Pokemon game would only bring the best out of this fandom. You only have to go back to Gen 4 to realise that.

Yeah, i'm gonna give a hard disagree on the Let's Go games being "objectively" the best looking games to date. If anything, i find them to look rather underwhelming.

BDSP will flop and at least they’ll know afterwards to never approach such a lazy style of game ever again lol
Really? There are people on these forums (myself included) that either don't mind the Chibi-style or like it. Also, how is it lazy? It's just an art style.

I think they mean the fact that there's a possibility, again a possibility, that there might be no new content in these games, thus making them "lazy" after a fashion. Nothing to do with the art style.
Oh. I see. I am sure there will be new stuff. Why would they not. I think when they say faithful recreation, the producers mean the map itself for the most part. Again, I think there will be new stuff. Why would they make these if all they did was give it a new coat of paint?

One last thing: We only have ONE trailer right now. Yes, what we saw makes it seem like nothing new is there, I get it.

Oh. I see. I am sure there will be new stuff. Why would they not. I think when they say faithful recreation, the producers mean the map itself for the most part. Again, I think there will be new stuff. Why would they make these if all they did was give it a new coat of paint?

One last thing: We only have ONE trailer right now. Yes, what we saw makes it seem like nothing new is there, I get it.
And it would be hard to promote if all they changed was the graphics.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom