• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

TMs and HMs in general make zero sense.
There is an episode in the Anime where... I think it was Pikachu learning Iron Tail... and they actually went through a lot of work to teach Pikachu Iron Tail. While obviously the anime has much more freedom than the games for how expressive they could get, I would love to see that type of hands on teaching methods in the games.

Hmm... Thing is, I'm not sure there is anything in the Sinnoh region - in any source - to explain something similar to Ride pokemon.

Because these kinds of things in the past have been explained through lore. And you can bet there will be people nitpicking it if they don't explain it.

No, they don't always have lore associated with certain features. Sometimes they do, sometimes they just put it in and don't explain why it's there at all. Ride Pokemon is a mechanic that really doesn't need a lot of explanation. You don't seriously think Alola's the only region that thought "Hmm, I'd like to sit on top of a Pokemon and have it help me clear obstacles?". I don't think it'll be quite like ride Pokemon, I think it'll be more like Secret Techniques, but if they want to throw in Ride Pokemon there's nothing stopping them and they don't need to come up with lore for why every single thing that's in the game exists there.

It even was in LGPE.

And even though it was for a race, the anime has shown trainers riding Pokemon since Gen 1. There really doesn't need to be a lore reason for it.

I don't think it'll be quite like ride Pokemon, I think it'll be more like Secret Techniques, but if they want to throw in Ride Pokemon there's nothing stopping them and they don't need to come up with lore for why every single thing that's in the game exists there.

I doubt they'd actually do it, but if they went the Secret Technique route: What if they had the Poketch be a spy gadget type of thing?

Or maybe the new Pokedex with Rotom being the one to use them, if they changed the Pokedex design that is. The Pokemon have always been the ones to help us, so that'd make more sense.

GAME, the UK's equivalent of GameStop, is currently charging £60 (about $83) for pre-orders of Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl and Legends: Arceus. For comparison, Sword and Shield cost £50 (about $69) to pre-order, and that was also their retail price on release day.

Maybe once the pre-orders are available on the Nintendo store, those will cost £50 and then GAME will adjust their prices accordingly? I hope so, because there's no way I'm paying £60 for a game, no matter how excited I might be to play it.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom