• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Magneton and Magnezones new stone based evolution method is also a possibility to keep, since it would be rather dumb to change it for SWSH and then change it back for the remakes.
But then what about Nosepass to Probopass? Giving them the Thunder Stone treatment when neither of them are Electric-types just seems stupid.

My guess would be a placeholder price. they seem pretty common.

They better be offering to refund the difference if it's less, otherwise anyone who preorders now is getting ripped off. Yeah, it sucks that the game is most likely going to be $60, but that's not my biggest issue with this scenario. It's that GAME is charging MORE than $60 for a pre-order, they're charging $80. No Switch game is $80 unless it includes some kind of peripheral or something. So if it turns out to be $60 as expected, they better be giving everyone who pre-ordered it now £10 back.

One way they could increase excitement for the games us with new forms/Megas/Pokémon. They are also fun to speculate about.

I wonder what kinds of things they will showcase in the trailers leading up to this game? Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire focused on the Mega Evolutions, and revealed a new one every month or so. I feel like there's got to be something new in this game, otherwise they'll have nothing to show us and get us excited about in the trailers.

Why was Probopass made a steel type in the first place? Wouldn't it make more sense to make it an electric type since it has something to do with magnetism?
Ferromagnetism.
One way they could increase excitement for the games us with new forms/Megas/Pokémon. They are also fun to speculate about.
I don't mean to be a downer, but I think it is unlikely that we will see any of those. That being said, I do think Megas are more likely compared to the other two because they can be fit more organically into the game while staying faithful in my opinion.

Ferromagnetism.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I think it is unlikely that we will see any of those. That being said, I do think Megas are more likely compared to the other two because they can be fit more organically into the game while staying faithful in my opinion.

Then I wonder what's likely to be added to the games. Updated graphics, the Fairy-type, and no HMs aren't enough to sell.a remake for more than the old price.

That would be bad for many Sinnoh mons including the starters, because they may get outclassed.
I doubt that is a concern of GameFreak considering starters are typically not the most viable of Pokémon. Heck, the Kalos starters were "outclassed" in their own region with its own unique (at the time) mechanic.

I doubt that is a concern of GameFreak considering starters are typically not the most viable of Pokémon. Heck, the Kalos starters were "outclassed" in their own region with its own unique (at the time) mechanic.
True.
But Hoenn starts got Megas in ORAS. Then the later gens gave starters the new gimmick.

Should the fans launch a campaign calling for new Megas?
Why bother? The game is pretty much finished at this point in terms of content, I doubt they’re going to suddenly stop development to include new Megas. Also good luck uniting enough of the fandom behind a single cause lol. We saw how well that’s turned out so far.

Why bother? The game is pretty much finished at this point in terms of content, I doubt they’re going to suddenly stop development to include new Megas. Also good luck uniting enough of the fandom behind a single cause lol. We saw how well that’s turned out so far.
True. I forgot to ask if it's too late.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom