• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Making it a faithful remake for the younger generation who have never played it before and/or people who missed out on the DS games makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the gameplay turned out exactly how I remember it.

However, I do hope they didn't make it too faithful to the point of faithfully reproducing all the problems that existed in the Sinnoh games.
Quote from the site: These remakes include easy-to-understand, player-friendly conveniences of the modern Pokémon series, plus up-close-and-personal Pokémon battle scenes.

Just not in this forum. In this forum, I think only 2 people have posted they never played D/P/P before, likely because they were too young. So wow, this forum really is full of oldies?

I'm only playing Platinum now. I got it two years ago for my birthday, along with White.

I am expecting it to sell better than HGSS.
Screenshot_20210311-110053.png

There's an interesting pattern here. All the debuts of new generations are at the top, with the ones that were also made for a new console performing the best. All the remakes are in the middle, and all the enhanced versions/sequels are at the bottom!

I'll be interested to see how Legends: Arceus performs, being a game that doesn't really fit into any of those categories (the Pokemon Company referred to it as a "premake" on social media).

I wonder whether the fact that Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl look so different to Sword and Shield will have a positive or negative impact on sales? On one hand, people who don't like the art style could be deterred from buying it; on the other hand, maybe the divisive nature of the art style will give the games more publicity. It could be deemed by some to be a more worthwhile purchase than previous remakes, because it looks set to be a significantly different experience than the pair of games that preceded them.

With all the complaints that I've heard about SWSH, that sales number (if it is true) is impressive given that it is the latest game.
I don't think it's too surprising. The Switch sold like hotcakes, the first home console Pokémon game is a big deal, and the series has been having a second boom period in recent years with Go and Detective Pikachu.

Seeing Gen V numbers always makes me sad. It's my favourite gen. It had so many small things that people didn't really appreciate until they were removed. The region felt alive.

A lot of people were mad that no previous Pokémon weren't available, although you could transfer them.

I guarantee that if every generation following gen 5 had been great, it would still be as disliked as it was when it was first released. Well, maybe not as disliked but still disliked.

I guarantee that if every generation following gen 5 had been great, it would still be as disliked as it was when it was first released. Well, maybe not as disliked but still disliked.

I don't get the hate on Gen V.
If it's about not having previous Pokémon, that didn't deter the fandom from buying SwSh.

It's odd, but despite wondering what new features we might see I think if this had all of Platinum's features+modern quality of life improvements that would be about enough for me to pick it up.

Won't Legends Arceus risk cannibalizing the sales of BDSP?
I've wondered about that as well; even the official pol suggests Legends has way more excitement behind it, so most people with a more limited game budget (or who just don't want to get too many games in the same series close together) will probably get it instead.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom