• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Is nobody going ask about ILCA being the developers, and not Gamefreak (usually spin-off games were made by different developer), but BDSP are the first remake being developed by different developer. However, the co-director is still junichi masuda, Will change anything in BDSP?
ILCA being the developer gives Game Freak more time to focus on Legends: Arceus and the games that follow it, with Masuda, who directed the original DP games, being there to guide them in remaking his old games.

According to famitsu Theres more interest in bdsp than in Legends arceus
What’s interesting to note here is that, if I remember correctly, the English Pokémon Twitter had a similar “What are you most excited for?” poll and Legends was overwhelmingly in the majority.

When they'll be more news about Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl and what date?
If anyone knew, it would be all over the internet. I’m guessing mid-late June is when we will start getting regular info. Similar to SwSh, though hopefully they will reveal more prior to release this time.

If anyone knew, it would be all over the internet. I’m guessing mid-late June is when we will start getting regular info. Similar to SwSh, though hopefully they will reveal more prior to release this time.
SWSH reveal info was on June 6th from Pokemon Direct, and we got gameplay and more info on June 14th from E3, maybe we might see something similar, but since it's a remake, it'll just reveal on E3, I hope so, because it's been 4 months without more info.

SWSH reveal info was on June 6th from Pokemon Direct, and we got gameplay and more info on June 14th from E3, maybe we might see something similar, but since it's a remake, it'll just reveal on E3, I hope so, because it's been 4 months without more info.
Weirdly, I prefer a release cycle of large infodumps periodically starting several months after initial reveal over small bits of info scattered throughout the year. The long wait without anything just gives me time to forget about the games instead of anticipating them constantly.

The release date has confirmed to be November 19, 2021.

I was hoping it might be sooner! On the plus side, I suppose this means they'll have more time to sort out the shading on Barry's hair.

I really like the box art, it's bold and different. This does seem to confirm that Dialga and Palkia won't be getting new forms, though.

I was hoping it might be sooner! On the plus side, I suppose this means they'll have more time to sort out the shading on Barry's hair.

I really like the box art, it's bold and different. This does seem to confirm that Dialga and Palkia won't be getting new forms, though.
Yeah. There won't be any new forms for Dialga and Palkia. It's getting more likely that this will indeed be a complete 1 to 1 remake of DP.

So, they gave us a release date and the box art looks nice. However, we still haven’t gotten any new information about these titles that set them apart from the original Diamond and Pearl.

Yeah. There won't be any new forms for Dialga and Palkia. It's getting more likely that this will indeed be a complete 1 to 1 remake of DP.
That’s what I’m afraid of. They need to have something that convinces people to give these games a shot, and quality of life functionality + Fairy type isn’t enough for a good chunk of potential consumers.

As time goes on, it seems more and more likely that BDSP only exist to complement Legends: Arceus when we know they can be more than that. It’s sad, really.

Guys...all we got was box art and a date that we weren't even expecting yet. Just because the legendaries don't seem to be getting new forms doesn't mean it's going to be a 1:1 remake. Just because ORAS did that doesn't mean it's a rule now. Let's not go into doomsday mode just yet?

The box art is cooler than I expected though, will say that. The light shining off the legendaries is nice. If anything I'm more concerned about Legends literally coming out 2 months after it. That's a short window.

So, they gave us a release date and the box art looks nice. However, we still haven’t gotten any new information about these titles that set them apart from the original Diamond and Pearl.

That’s what I’m afraid of. They need to have something that convinces people to give these games a shot, and quality of life functionality + Fairy type isn’t enough for a good chunk of potential consumers.

As time goes on, it seems more and more likely that BDSP only exist to complement Legends: Arceus when we know they can be more than that. It’s sad, really.
Yeah. It's clear that BDSP was only made so that a traditional Sinnoh remake can exist. I don't expect any significant new content when all the advertising so far is based around how similar it is to the original DP.

People are NOT going into doomsday predictions JUST because there are no new forms for Dialga and Palkia.
1. A complete stylistic stagnancy compared to the original games.
2. an unprecedented focus on being "faithful" except for quality of life remakes. Before someone comes at me with "ORAS might qualify as their standard of faithful", it didn’t have such a heavy marketing focus.
3. Not being made by GameFreak.
4. There is usually something new in the box art or legendary Pokémon. That is missing as well.
5. The entire release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus just a few months later.

All this, combined with GameFreak saying before that they do not want formulaic releases (they changed up Grey to sequels), I think these remakes are there just so new people can get an idea of what the "actual" Sinnoh experience was for, and those who want to play their old favourite games again, before they get to marvel at the sheer transformation of the region in Legends: Arceus, and they know enough about modern day Sinnoh to compare it to the Legends: Arceus iteration.

I don’t think, hence, that these games would be that different story wise. We might see alterations but I don’t think it’ll be anything more ambitious than your average third version, for instance. No Forme for the Legendaries. MAYBE a Giratina form if they are feeling generous.

Before the Boxart reveal I was going to predict Megas since there needs to be a shiny new something to attract people to the games, but I guess there won’t be a slew of new forms. I think there would be a new Mythical or a new Pokémon exclusive to this game's marketing though to act as a poster child. A Pokémon that gets more focus in Arceus.

People are NOT going into doomsday predictions JUST because there are no new forms for Dialga and Palkia.
1. A complete stylistic stagnancy compared to the original games.
2. an unprecedented focus on being "faithful" except for quality of life remakes. Before someone comes at me with "ORAS might qualify as their standard of faithful", it didn’t have such a heavy marketing focus.
3. Not being made by GameFreak.
4. There is usually something new in the box art or legendary Pokémon. That is missing as well.
5. The entire release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus just a few months later.

All this, combined with GameFreak saying before that they do not want formulaic releases (they changed up Grey to sequels), I think these remakes are there just so new people can get an idea of what the "actual" Sinnoh experience was for, and those who want to play their old favourite games again, before they get to marvel at the sheer transformation of the region in Legends: Arceus, and they know enough about modern day Sinnoh to compare it to the Legends: Arceus iteration.

I don’t think, hence, that these games would be that different story wise. We might see alterations but I don’t think it’ll be anything more ambitious than your average third version, for instance. No Forme for the Legendaries. MAYBE a Giratina form if they are feeling generous.

Before the Boxart reveal I was going to predict Megas since there needs to be a shiny new something to attract people to the games, but I guess there won’t be a slew of new forms. I think there would be a new Mythical or a new Pokémon exclusive to this game's marketing though to act as a poster child. A Pokémon that gets more focus in Arceus.
If that’s the case, then I think we all would have preferred ports or at least not calling these games anything other than “Diamond and Pearl.”

I’m gonna wait until we have more than a single trailer and a release date before I become pessimistic.
Which is exactly why we need a trailer sooner rather than later. People are already losing faith, which in turn will lead to less sales. We need a reason to set these games apart from DP other than QoL improvements + Fairy-type, and the more they hold off on that the less potential sales TPCi ends up receiving.

Only 2 months between both games.

Imo, i think this means we get something big late 2022 as well.

I also wonder if LA is potentially gonna cannibalize the BDSP sales.

I also wonder about the pricing for the dual pack for BDSP. If its over 100, hard pass, especially since we get another game thats most likely 60 as well.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom