• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

If that’s the case, wouldn’t this argument suggest that the Platinum dex is being used in BDSP since Porygon-Z was shown in the reveal trailer?
Actually yes, I forgot about that. Remember though, it's not confirmed until they actually state that those Pokemon are in the regional dex. It's just likely.

I’d love to see a return of the Little cup format like they had at the club coliseum. Little cup is such a fun format!

So the Nintendo Switch Olde version released today, and in the trailer, they leaked a newer version of the BDSP Build.

Main difference is that everything is less saturated.

The improvements in the new trailer are more than just colors.

BDSPlucasBag.png

I'm actually hyped for this game now. I was thinking how the lighting in the overworld looked nice but battle models looked janky. This is such a big improvement.

The first trailer already has shown that the games weren't ready to be released at that time, as the games were missing other NPC models. Also, I hated how intense the shadows under the trees were before, so I'm glad they heavily toned it down.

Last edited:
Another significant change I saw someone point out is that the battle transition is completely different; it has a new grass overlay and the blurred background of the DS games. I don't really know why they did that though since the spiky grass was how it kind of looked in the DS games.

I'd be really surprised if we didn't see improvements to the overworld as well. The colors wouldn't match if it wasn't touched up which would be a bit odd.

Fans: "The over-world graphics look like crap, please fix them!"
TPC: "What's that? Improve the battle graphics by 10%? No problem, we got you fam."

Gallade pokemon anime GIF on GIFER - by Frostsong
There’s nothing that says they didn’t do both. Also personally I think the battle graphics are a lot better and they might improve them even further by release.

Okay, I'm officially losing my mind. What version of the build did they show us in February?? The more I look at this; the more I realize how much of an difference this is.

BDSPbattleScene.png

I didn't really pick up on it at first because it was so quick and small, but the battle background really is really different. There are bushes that weren't there at all and I'm pretty sure the tree models are new; not just different color/lighting or textures. It's really hard to see, but there's definitely more detail/structure on them and you see more of the tree trunk between the branches. Just... I've never seen such a total shift between trailers like this before. For any game. Was this how it was always going to look or did someone have to call in a SWAT team to make these improvements?

Okay, I'm officially losing my mind. What version of the build did they show us in February?? The more I look at this; the more I realize how much of an difference this is.

I didn't really pick up on it at first because it was so quick and small, but the battle background really is really different. There are bushes that weren't there at all and I'm pretty sure the tree models are new; not just different color/lighting or textures. It's really hard to see, but there's definitely more detail/structure on them and you see more of the tree trunk between the branches. Just... I've never seen such a total shift between trailers like this before. For any game. Was this how it was always going to look or did someone have to call in a SWAT team to make these improvements?
Some of the changes might be due to it taking place in a different location. Buizel and Shinx are caught in two different places in the early game.

Some of the changes might be due to it taking place in a different location. Buizel and Shinx are caught in two different places in the early game.

The bushes maybe, but why would the trees be significantly worse with less detail

Here's another comparison

BDSPpokeThrow.png

Just look at the tree behind the pokeball. You can't convince me that it's just a location change.

The bushes maybe, but why would the trees be significantly worse with less detail

Here's another comparison

Just look at the tree behind the pokeball. You can't convince me that it's just a location change.
Right, I said “some” not all. Realistically, it’s probably just the bushes.

Do we have any information about changes in content/story/gameplay? Or is it mostly graphic updates so far?
It was just a short clip of BDSP shown in the promotional video for the Switch OLED that hadn’t been seen before. The clip’s graphics were different in many ways from what we saw in February. No actual news on gameplay or anything yet.

The improvements in the new trailer are more than just colors.

I'm actually hyped for this game now. I was thinking how the lighting in the overworld looked nice but battle models looked janky. This is such a big improvement.
Wait, there was a new trailer?

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom