• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Today is the release date of Pokémon UNITE. With it out of the way, let's hope the core games news drought will end soon.

I think we get something next week. I would have expected something this week if Unite didn't release this week, but i think TPC doesn't want main series game related news overshadow Unite (It even got its own trailer).

Today is the release date of Pokémon UNITE. With it out of the way, let's hope the core games news drought will end soon.

Until then, queue the infamous bulbagarden news drought meme:

meme.jpeg

This has got to be the worst ever pre-release period for a core Pokemon game, surely? I'm optimistic about the game itself, especially now that we've caught a glimpse of the graphical improvements, but the marketing has been terrible. I'm sure things will pick up as we approach the release date, but my goodness have the past five months been boring and frustrating on the Pokemon front (in its 25th anniversary year, too).

The Pokemon Company seems confident that UNITE will keep fans sufficiently engaged for the time being, but for those of us who aren't that interested in mobile free-to-play games, this strategy has fallen flat. I'm glad that we've had two great songs by Katy Perry and Mabel to liven things up a bit.

I don't want to be an entitled fan - there's no rule saying that game developers have to release regular trailers for upcoming releases - I'm just excited about BDSP and eager to see more. I'm not even that bothered about info, I just want to see more footage and maybe hear a bit more of the soundtrack. Show us some more towns and routes, chibi Cyrus and Cynthia, Dialga and Palkia using their signature moves, anything!

Like, I'm sure I'm still gonna enjoy it if it really is the untampered, 3D recreation that its seemingly shaping up to be. But it'll have as much of an aftertaste as something like Super Mario 3D Land; it works, its fun... but its ultimately nothing special or original at all.

And I don't want that AT ALL, but given the lack of... any news or changes other than graphical presentation; I don't see any reason to feel hyped as of now.

Honestly, the marketing team has been stupid regarding BDSP, especially since it wouldn't harm Unite marketing-wise to reveal something new about BDSP since the games aren't even released.
Do we even know if GF has a marketing team?

And if they do, are they full-time marketing, or do they also do some side-coding for GF?

Marketing - just the psychology-major equivalent for the College of Business/Management.

How many months are there to the release of the remakes?
???

It would be great if we could forego years of speculation about BW remakes after this experience. I think that young players deserve to play the old games in some shape or form, but we veterans should focus on Legends because at least it has the potential to surprise us. Just my two cents.

The more time passes, the more it seems like a 1:1 recreation + QoL + maybe the obligatory mythical.

And this is my main concern, I hate these types of remakes, they're virtually pointless when you could just port the originals. Sadly, this kind of remake is a lot more common in the industry, there's so many remasters and 1:1 recreation remakes and I rarely see the kinds of improvements that Pokemon fans have been used to in remakes. The industry is bad enough about this, we don't need Pokemon to follow suit. When I see a remake, I want to see what the game would be like if it were made today, not as it was made back in the day with an HD coat of paint.

The more time passes, the more it seems like a 1:1 recreation + QoL + maybe the obligatory mythical.

They’ve told us that from the very start. I don’t think anyone should really be expecting anything beyond that - really the only question is what exactly will fall under the purview of “QoL” (i.e. does that mean the Dex? HMs?), and how much of Platinum’s bonus content will be preserved.

They’ve told us that from the very start. I don’t think anyone should really be expecting anything beyond that. Really the only question is what exactly will fall under the purview of “QoL” (i.e. does that mean the Dex? HMs?), and how much of Platinum’s bonus content will be preserved.
Faithful doesn't mean 1:1, ORAS was faithful and it wasn't 1:1

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom