• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

BDSP will lack the Battle Frontier and almost surely the Distortion World. Looker is all but guaranteed, so they might as well include Charon even though no one cares about him.

Do you think they'll completely repurpose Amity Square?

It's purpose of being a place to have pokemon follow you is kind of defunct now and there aren't accessories either for you to collect. I've been wondering whether they'll give Amity Square an entirely new purpose or just leave it as an area to walk around in with a couple of items on the ground.

However, the only ideas I can come up with involve making it some kind of "pokejob" area for training stats or some kind of amie/camp feature. We've had one every game since XY, (but in LGPE it was limited to your partner pokemon)

This in my opinion is the dumbest freebie in the series. I don't care if you don't have to use it, you do nothing to earn it. This is just made worse by the fact it can mega evolve.

Yeah, yeah, this is a complaint about ORAS seven years later, but it's still completely faceplam worthy. Hoping BDSP doesn't pull anything like this.
I think its because they wanted to ensure you owned a Lati for soaring. Of course this could have been a post game hand me out though.

I think its because they wanted to ensure you owned a Lati for soaring. Of course this could have been a post game hand me out though.

The weird thing about that though is that you don’t actually need to own a Lati in order to soar…

Hindsight 20/20 and all that, but surely they could’ve just had the Lati who recruited you to come help out in the first place decide to reward your heroism by helping you travel around when needed? Then you can go back to catch them after the post-game.

Anyone else worried about paying for two games in two months? That's 160 CAD...
No. I waste more money on other things besides that. But I'd be more mad at how Nintendo makes all the money while having non-refundable policies (like DLCs that are for Sword and Shield only) than on myself spending that money. Nintendo making all that money and without their stocks going up. Does anyone know why Nintendo's stocks been going down?

So considering these two are being used as preorder bonuses for BDSP, I wonder if that'd suggest Zacian/Zamazenta will be transferrable once Home compatability is out?

It's worth noting that Shiny Necrozma was used as a preorder bonus for SwSh in South Korea too, and it turned out to be transfer-only in the base game.

And on an unrelated note, a certain Mega is joining the main cast in the anime soon, with BDSP being next month after that happens, I wonder if it'd actually be a tie-in for the games themselves.

Small thing that I haven't seen any posts on yet: Nintendo of America posted a couple days ago about the Union Room and stated that you would be able to access it anywhere in Sinnoh by pressing the y button. BDSP's version of the y-comm basically.

Not a huge surprise or anything, I figured there would be some sort of y-comm feature, though my thoughts were that you would be able to go to the Underground or use Poketch features with it. Close enough. Nice that you don't need to go to the Pokemon Center for it anymore.

So, does this mean there's no Pokétch? :(
I mean it was pretty useless all things considered. The only reason people like it is because it was a really charming use of the bottom screen, which can't be replicated on the Switch.

But the clown with the side quest to get it is still around. What else would they end up giving out, the Exp. Charm?

That’s assuming they hand out anything - they could just give them some generic NPC dialogue.

That said, I’m not convinced the Pokétch won’t be here. I’m sure there’s other ways to implement it besides mapping it to the Y button.

I mean it was pretty useless all things considered. The only reason people like it is because it was a really charming use of the bottom screen, which can't be replicated on the Switch.
Dawn and Lucas are wearing them in their artwork, so I imagine they'll see be part of the game.
My guess is that either 1. it will be a thing that will take up a portion of the screen (that can be toggled on or off), or 2. it will be a menu option.

I liked the step counter, berry map, and calculator, but some of the others were confusing at best.

If they do bring back the calculator, I hope they go all out and make it a full fledged scientific/graphing calculator. It's a bit of a stretch to hope for that, but imagine AP Calculus students taking their Switches to school and booting up their BDSP calculators.

Considering today's the 15th anniversary of Diamond & Pearl's release in Japan, I wonder if they'll give us news for both games in celebration of it.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom