• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

The worst part about the new Exp. Share for me is the Pokémon that I received from trading. I run an Alpha Sapphire at the moment, and because Seedot can be only found in Omega Ruby, I traded my Lotad for one. The problem is, it is always ahead of the rest of my team, although I don't even use it, even for once. While my team was around level 16 - 17, it was already 23, so I had to box it until my team goes up about 25, so that I can take it back and keep using. And of course, I turned it off now to prevent anything like that from happening again.

It is clearly a broken feature for the game itself that doesn't work as it should, causing such complexities for the players.

Yes, any pokemon eligible to receive experience received all EVs from that event.

That's for pokemon in the battle, that survives. This is for Gens 6 and 7 after all.
No, that's any non-fainted Pokemon in the party when the Exp Share is on. The screenshot is from the Exp Share article, it's not going to talk about things that don't relate to the Exp Share.

No, that's any non-fainted Pokemon in the party when the Exp Share is on. The screenshot is from the Exp Share article, it's not going to talk about things that don't relate to the Exp Share.
Yea I was talking about your screenshot.

1635249568414.png

Cool we're getting the Platinium outfits, was wondering if they would be an option in the style shop but I guess not. I'm more interested in trying the new outfits they have anyway but still nice.

For what I assume is the last trailer we’re likely to get before release, this was pretty sad. I didn’t exactly have high expectations, but this isn’t anything we didn’t already know to expect aside from the Platinum outfit, and even with that, it’s like… why didn’t they make it permanently available in-game? I get having perks for early purchasers or whatever, but they already had that with Manaphy. They didn’t exactly need another one.

I felt like Barry during that trailer, wanting them to hurry up to the "good part."

Except, there was none! All it did was affirm what's already been shared. I know we could guess as much with Roark and Gardenia's reveals, but I do find it disappointing none of the Sinnoh Gym Leaders got any kind of redesign; one of my favorite aspects of remakes was seeing how the people changed, like HGSS, ORAS, and Let's Go. And locking the Platinum outfits behind a pre-order is in poor taste to me, even if I'm happy they're in the game (as they should be).

On a brighter note, Candice's Abomasnow revealed they added new ice-based seals/stickers that weren't in the original games, so that's cool.

And locking the Platinum outfits behind a pre-order is in poor taste to me, even if I'm happy they're in the game (as they should be).
Just to clarify, the Platinum outfits are not a pre-order bonus. They’re an “early purchase” bonus, meaning that they are available to everyone as a free Mystery Gift download until February 21, 2022.

Very odd that they decided to go that way.
I think it’s odd in the sense of “Why aren’t these outfits specifically just in the game regularly?”, but we’ve had early purchase bonuses for the last several games so there was of course going to be something along those lines for this release (I just figured it would be the Manaphy Egg on its own).

Just to clarify, the Platinum outfits are not a pre-order bonus. They’re an “early purchase” bonus, meaning that they are available to everyone as a free Mystery Gift download until February 21, 2022.
Ah thank you - missable content for those who do not download it or have access to the games by then either way, it seems.

Also note Candice and Volkner’s aces being Abomasnow and Luxray

rip Flint
And here I was thinking they would have finally have her send out Abomasnow first to immediately setup Hail, switch Piloswine's Ability to Snow Cloak to join Froslass, and make her more formidable...

Wait a moment, did they just indirectly de-confirm the Platinum Teams for the Gym Leaders and Elite 4? It seems like they made Candice’s and Volkner’s aces the same as DP, so this kind of makes me worried that Masuda told ILCA to stick with the gym leader’s and Elite 4’s bad DP team despite apparently allowing the player to access the Platinum roster. I thought the whole point of adding more variety was so that both players and NPCs could benefit from Sinnoh’s Pokédex expansion. Not only that, but the Platinum outfits are limited to early purchase bonuses.

Why did TPC think it was a good idea to ignore most of the Platinum content save for the players seemingly having more Pokémon options for the main game? The biggest criticisms of DP were mostly solved by Platinum, so flat out disregarding its improvements and features is a baffling decision. And that’s not even getting into the fact that excluding third version features was one of the biggest criticisms of ORAS. Why exactly are they afraid of adapting elements from the game the developers even admitted themselves should have been part of DP in the first place?

Wait a moment, did they just indirectly de-confirm the Platinum Teams for the Gym Leaders and Elite 4? It seems like they made Candice’s and Volkner’s aces the same as DP, so this kind of makes me worried that Masuda told ILCA to stick with the gym leader’s and Elite 4’s bad DP team despite apparently allowing the player to access the Platinum roster. I thought the whole point of adding more variety was so that both players and NPCs could benefit from Sinnoh’s Pokédex expansion. Not only that, but the Platinum outfits are limited to early purchase bonuses.

Why did TPC think it was a good idea to ignore most of the Platinum content save for the players seemingly having more Pokémon options for the main game? The biggest criticisms of DP were mostly solved by Platinum, so flat out disregarding its improvements and features is a baffling decision. And that’s not even getting into the fact that excluding third version features was one of the biggest criticisms of ORAS. Why exactly are they afraid of adapting elements from the game the developers even admitted themselves should have been part of DP in the first place?
Could be Masuda liking the original pair of games so much that he wants to "preseve" them as much as possible.

Also note Candice and Volkner’s aces being Abomasnow and Luxray

rip Flint

sigh :bulbaFacepalm:

Still excited for the game and I kinda accepted that this was a possibility, but... darn, was really hoping they would at least use Platinum teams for Volkner and Flint.

I suppose on a brighter note, at least their teams in DP are...unique. You can't just bring a ground type to Volkner or Flint and super effective Earthquake everything, I suppose. I remember I actually kinda liked how their teams weren't just their standard type... just didn't like the reason for it.

Because Masuda is still under the impression that kids of today don't want nor can handle difficulty in a Pokémon game. "DP is easier and simpler than Platinum - we even have Gym Leaders that don't fully use their specialty type! Go with that; they'll just go play with their phones afterwards anyway."

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom