• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Yeah, but it also allows companies to charge you through the nose for all that extra content you're paying for.
They can, but as far as Pokemon goes, SwSh DLC was like half the price of a full game, wasn't it? Before DLC, we paid full price for a tweaked version of games we already played- and I'm pretty sure we actually got more content between the two expansions than we did from Platinum or USUM.

Well, since at the time I had already played a lot of Pokémon Fire red, threfore I was already familiar with the concept of remakes, especially why the first Pokémon game that I played was Silver. And since, in the late 2000s, there weren't a lot of advertisements or commercials about Pokémon in Brazil, I'm sure I got to know the games through the Internet. Actually, I knew it on a website where I usually to see walkthroughs of games.

But to be honest, playing Crystal just before HGSS made the experience, in my opinion, even better. It was like buying the complete cookie package, Lol. I understand that's not a real reason to play GSC games, but Crystal is a great game in its own right, and that, in my opinion, at least until 2010, has aged quite well.
Fire red was my first video game in general and I did not know it was a remake until after x and y released.

New video:

The main thing I picked up on is that it looks like you can wear any outfit you want for contests. Also, it seems like the "Contest Style" outfit can be worn outside of contests

Also, here is Dawn in a "Pikachu Parka" outfit

1636084724289.png

We saw Lucas wearing something similar. There was also another short trailer that showed Lucas in a Leather Style outfit. Can't wait to see Cyber Style Dawn.

They seem to have updated the trainer theme, but it still has that irritating MIDI trumpet which was the one thing making me not want this game cos it's irritating.

I guess it's tolerable enough for me to enjoy the game. I'll take it over the SWSH and BW/2 soundtracks.

Last edited:
2 weeks left and I just can't hide it, I'm excited like a puppy that realizes that his owner just entered the house. Even though the games are not flawless (however, I haven't found a game yet that actually is flawless), I am going insane while waiting. I just hope fate is doing me a favor and I get the games a little earlier (I've heard this can happen sometimes).

Nothing new or anything but I need that Dawn outfit. Kinda wish I could take the hat off but other than that I think it's my favorite.

Honestly the outfits for Dawn all look so good to me I'm gonna be struggling but I think this one is my favorite.

Still nothing about the post game, huh? I just hope the Battle Tower isn’t like it was in SwSh.

Nothing new or anything but I need that Dawn outfit. Kinda wish I could take the hat off but other than that I think it's my favorite.

Honestly the outfits for Dawn all look so good to me I'm gonna be struggling but I think this one is my favorite.

The dress is certainly cute and pretty, but the rest.... I certainly prefer Lucas's ragged punk outfit.

It's a damn shame that Looker only appeared in Platinum because this means he'll (most likely) not appear in BD/SP.
Still nothing about the post game, huh? I just hope the Battle Tower isn’t like it was in SwSh.
Wasn't there some kind of post game area in the original games where the player was able to catch Heatran? I don't remember if it was actually post game, but I remember there was some kind of battle zone/tower/island/resort style thing. I don't remember how it was designed in terms of the general "tournament mechanics" and stuff - but since they are keeping it pretty close to the original games I'm pretty sure there will be something like that again. However, I see three possibilities which would be they either use the original mechanics, the Sw/Sh mechanics or come up with something new.

New video:

They've improved the trainer battle music! The reverb-less trumpet is no more! Just like I had begun to suspect, I was wrong about it being an artistic choice. :wynaut:

Also - Kanto, Johto and Hoenn starters confirmed, if those statues are anything to go by! I'm going to love this game about 20% more if I can have a Typhlosion running around Sinnoh with me.

They seem to have updated the trainer theme, but it still has that irritating MIDI trumpet which was the one thing making me not want this game cos it's irritating.

I guess it's tolerable enough for me to enjoy the game. I'll take it over the SWSH and BW/2 soundtracks.

It sounds a lot better to me with reverb. It was too "dry" before.

Last edited:
They've improved the trainer battle music! The reverb-less trumpet is no more! Just like I had begun to suspect, I was wrong about it being an artistic choice. :wynaut:

Also - Kanto, Johto and Hoenn starters confirmed, if those statues are anything to go by! I'm going to love this game about 20% more if I can have a Typhlosion running around Sinnoh with me.

It sounds a lot better to me with reverb. It was too "dry" before.
Johto Starters confirmed? AAAAAAAH Chikorita will follow me in 3D, I’m gonna cry!!

I love the eevee outfit for Dawn, I just wish more of the outfits didn’t have those weird things on the side of her head. I mean, are those supposed to be hairbands? They look so bulky and weird. The gengar outfit isn’t exactly my style, but I might go with it since it’s the only one I think we’ve seen without those. Might go with Dawn’s platinum outfit since I played platinum and am used to that.

I just heard that BDSP have leaked, is this true? If it is I'm going to be very careful about my social media usage. I was very spoiler-happy for Sword and Shield and felt that this detracted from the experience; I want some surprises this time.
Some people have received their physical copy and are already playing (at least one person posted about it on another forum), but considering what kind of game this is, I doubt there are many surprises they could possibly ruin for you.

I just heard that BDSP have leaked, is this true? If it is I'm going to be very careful about my social media usage. I was very spoiler-happy for Sword and Shield and felt that this detracted from the experience; I want some surprises this time.

So far there's been one report that I've seen of someone getting it early, but that person just posted some minor screenshots and then deleted their account, got scared I guess. Other than that there's a claim going around and that's it from what I've seen so far. Maybe it was just that one lucky person? Probably best to start being careful either way, we are coming up on that time.

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom