• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

I don't know about the spawn list, but everything else is true. The diversity is remarkably higher after getting the national dex, but it could also been like that earlier, I was in the GU at a point relatively early in the game and not anymore until post game so I don't know specifically what circumstance made the difference.

Switch online is not required to get mystery gift. I'm pretty sure the statement was related to the fact that they introduced paid DLCs for SwSh. Ow I don't know that for sure (I skipped SwSh) but if I remember correctly there are mystery/legendary pokemon that can only be caught if you own the corresponding DLC which results in said pokemon being blocked by a paywall. So basically you won't be able to get pokemon xx unless you pay additional money.

Sword and Shield is a good game and one of the most interesting games in the franchise. It's accessible to new players while adding several new elements to veterans. I hope that one day you get to play it.

Sword and Shield is a good game and one of the most interesting games in the franchise. It's accessible to new players while adding several new elements to veterans. I hope that one day you get to play it.
This may appear a bit weird but I don't even want to play them. The only games that I really liked from the 3d-era were OrAs. And even there the addition of Gen 4-6 pokemon was a bummer for me. I don't like mega evolutions/z moves either. The only reason why I still played Y, Moon and Ultra Sun was because my little brother had the games but his 3ds was broken and he didn't care enough to get a new one so he just gave the games to me. The only reason I played let's go was because my wife has the game and I had no switch games at that time (BDSP were the reason I bought my switch 6 months ago and they are the only games that I own) and no batteries for my xbox controller and I couldn't take the boredom anymore. My wife wanted to buy me Sw or Sh for our wedding anniversary and I told her not to. The only scenario I could imagine myself playing the games would be if I had a modded switch and would've pirated them and even then (and I know this will sound hilarious to a lot of people) dexit would be a bummer that would pop up in my mind over and over again (even though I wouldn't want to complete the dex anyway). If BDSP wouldn't have been what they are I wouldn't even have bought a switch. I'm aware that this makes me sound like an ignorant boomer but I just can't help it. I know that these games (not only SwSh but the 3d stuff in general) are the favorites of many people - but sorry, I just don't feel it. I'ld borrow Sw or Sh from a friend and play it but that's it (and my main reason would be to have a save data to get jirachi).

hey guys, does anyone know how to get spiritomb without actually talking to other players? cause i tried talking to a shitton of npcs in the underground (not the hikers) but nothing seems to be happening

sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, i'm new here

hey guys, does anyone know how to get spiritomb without actually talking to other players? cause i tried talking to a shitton of npcs in the underground (not the hikers) but nothing seems to be happening

sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, i'm new here
You actually can't communicate with other players in the Grand Underground - this time, encountering Spiritomb involves unlocking and talking to 32 unique NPCs that spawn in the various areas underground. I can't confirm the accuracy of this guide, but it might give you a better idea of who you have and haven't spoken to as of yet.

i see. didn't realise they needed to be unique; i tend to run into the same few guys over and over.
Your best bet is unlocking most (not necessarily all) of the underground 'zones', as you'll have a higher variety of spawn points for NPCs to choose from, and there may be a higher chance of certain NPCs (that you haven't encountered yet) spawning in those zones. But, unfortunately, yes, they need to be unique.

So far I am actually enjoying BD quite a bit. Way better than the Let's Go games, for sure.

My biggest complaint honestly is the pace of leveling. Even though GF really put in a lot of effort with Gym Leader & E4 movesets to try to keep things challenging, I'm actually skipping a lot of trainer battles so I don't outlevel the Badge obedience level thanks in part to a lot of my team being Grand Underground spawns that are encountered at a surprisingly high wild level. Overall, a walk in the park compared to the originals which lacked the auto EXP Share.

Also, really not a fan of the statue stuff in GU. It would've been way better if they'd just kept the original furniture idea.

i "solved" the exp share issue by having more than 6 pokemon in active use. i currently have 15 pokemon i alternate between. i try to keep my higher leveled ones in the box (possible due to accessing the box anywhere) so that my lower leveled mons soak up the experience.

Did anyone else notice how during the climax at the Spear Pillar, Cyrus' dialogue boxes refer to him as "Boss" instead of by his name? Any ideas why they did that? My guess is that it's meant to make him seem more imposing while he puts his plan into action, but it did strike me as slightly odd. Maybe it's something that works better in Japanese and got lost in translation?

Did anyone else notice how during the climax at the Spear Pillar, Cyrus' dialogue boxes refer to him as "Boss" instead of by his name? Any ideas why they did that? My guess is that it's meant to make him seem more imposing while he puts his plan into action, but it did strike me as slightly odd. Maybe it's something that works better in Japanese and got lost in translation?
That actually happens at the Galactic HQ as well.

The level 100 Giratina fight was laughably easy for me. My Azumarill took him down with just two Play Roughs. Actually now that I think about it, Azumarill was my mvp throughout the game.

This may appear a bit weird but I don't even want to play them. The only games that I really liked from the 3d-era were OrAs. And even there the addition of Gen 4-6 pokemon was a bummer for me. I don't like mega evolutions/z moves either. The only reason why I still played Y, Moon and Ultra Sun was because my little brother had the games but his 3ds was broken and he didn't care enough to get a new one so he just gave the games to me. I know that these games (not only SwSh but the 3d stuff in general) are the favorites of many people - but sorry, I just don't feel it. I'ld borrow Sw or Sh from a friend and play it but that's it (and my main reason would be to have a save data to get jirachi).

Well, what can I say? SWSH has no mega-evolutions and no Z-moves. Yes, the game had Gigantamax, but you can't dislike what you've never tasted. Lol

What I mean is that SwSh is a significantly different game from X/Y and Sun and Moon, both in graphical aspects and gameplay elements. So, if you have the possibility to borrow the game from a friend, I don't see why not try it out.

Attention fellow Pokémontrainers!
There is a new mystery gift event which will give you a statue of each Sinnoh starter (shiny) if you use the code:
"BDSPUNDERGR0UND"
The event ends on the 31st of May 2022.

Thought some of you might care.
::::::))))))))

Edit: I never find (sometimes even uncover) Gorgeous Stone Boxes. I hope the next event is a shiny statue of each Baby Pokemon (PICHU) or the enite Pikachu line (shiny; Pichu)

I am in iron island. Wanted to catch aipum. I loved this pokemon from ash dawn and ampibom but eipum didn't appear

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom