• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

In Thread Reminder
Hey everyone,

i would like to remind people that it is okay to like the games, and it is okay to not like the games. All criticism, positive or negative, is welcome here on Bulbagarden, but please remember to keep it civil. Remember that this is your opinion, and everyone is entitled to one. No ones opinion is factually correct or factually incorrect.

In short, knock it off. Respect other people's opinions, good or bad, and treat others as you want to be treated.

Thank you,
Snowy
Your faithful video games moderator.

to spin this thread in a more positive direction, i'd like to point out one of the things these games did do right: the grand underground. i love how they found a way to add all those pokemon while remaining faithful to DP, and how they allow us to complete the gen 4 national dex with just these 2 games (sans mythicals). it was also a great improvement over the old underground, which i never returned to after getting the fossil.

true, secret base decorating is kind of a bummer (though i personally never cared for it) but the hideaways more than make up for it. in DPP, i only visited the underground once during a playthrough to get the fossil. now i find myself returning there all the time.

Yes, you said that already :p

I returned to the Underground a lot in the original games. Mostly to dig treasures, but often I also swing by my Secret Base just to chill. Also I'd have a Sphere farm around my Secret Base for easy digging targets.

I'm glad that planting Spheres to make them larger is gone though. As nice as the digging spots they generated were, how the rest of the Sphere mechanic was designed made purchasing the good things from the merchants kind of tedious.

I'm kind of glad this game has some glitches. The item duplication exploit takes me back to cloning in Gen II. Helpful for competitive team building, too. Even if I'm not into that.

Glitches can be fun! I stand by what I said about glitches being flaws fundamentally, but I still have fun seeing people doing weird stuff with the games. Also the "faithful remake" joke with the surf glitch is such a low hanging fruit, but it's pretty accurate and I enjoy it anyway. It's nostalgic in an odd way.

i don't mind glitches much if you have to go out of your way to activate them. however, i do mind stuff like not being able to pick up items from certain angles.

i personally don't really care about gitches in a game. if you (general 'you') want to exploit them, by all means. personally, i've never went out of my way to encounter (or even accidentally encountered) glitches in bdsp, so maybe that's why i feel ambivalent towards that, here.

Glitches can be fun if you know how to exploit them, but in general they tend to be harmful and a sign of incompetence. The game is designed to work a certain way, so if it does something unexpected, that's poor design/programming. It's something that can be enjoyed, but not something that should be praised or seen as a positive that reflects well on the developers.

on the subject of glitches, i found the cause of the glitch that turned riley/marley/etc invisible. it happens when the pokemon you've set as your walking pokemon is moved to the box. the game probably confuses your companion with a walking pokemon and makes them disappear

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom