• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Sorry for the confusion!

You could potentially use an Abomasnow if Garchomp is giving you trouble and you need a Grass type of your team but Garchomp still have a Poision Jab (I think?) so you may need something to counter that. If you can teach your Lopunny Ice Punch, that could help as well.

Sorry I'm not always the best at team building :confused: Like others have suggested, I always try to use support moves to boost my stats or held items when taking on tougher challenges in Pokémon, so maybe that could work as well.
I'm not the biggest fan of Abomasnow. And I think the move tutors that teach moves like Ice Punch aren't available until the post-game since they're at the Battle Park, I think.

I've got two contest related questions now. I don't know how to get a good visual score, it's always low no matter what stickers I try using on the ball capsules. I'm certain raising the corresponding contest stat has to do with it too, but that's where my other question comes in. I can't seem to make any poffins except foul ones, no matter what berries I use and I'm not burning or letting the batter overflow. What's with this updated poffin making system? I had no issue in the original DPPt.

I've also used four different berries though, and still got foul poffins, no burning or overflowing.

Anyone else got advice?

Where are you making the poffins? From what I understand, you’ll get the best results from using the Poffin Maker in Amity Square and utilizing 6 Pokémon with max affection.

I’m horrible at the stirring bit and always seem to burn my batter a little. But in spite of that (and only having two of the six at max affection), I ended up with enough lvl.27 poffins to evolve my Feebas.

Where are you making the poffins? From what I understand, you’ll get the best results from using the Poffin Maker in Amity Square and utilizing 6 Pokémon with max affection.

I’m horrible at the stirring bit and always seem to burn my batter a little. But in spite of that (and only having two of the six at max affection), I ended up with enough lvl.27 poffins to evolve my Feebas.
I've done it in both the square and the poffin house. But I see.

What are your thoughts on Pokémon BDSP? I mean, I love the chibi style and enjoy the return of Let's Go's in the battles. Also the return of Pokemon following you, wonderful~!

Only complaint is not being able to turn off EXP Share (though I don't mind it on, makes the games more manageable with a busy schedule) and that the following-speed of certain Pokemon is too slow (it's very cute, but unfortunate if they keep blipping out of existence to teleport right at your heels only to blip out again XD)
Damn Torterra!

What are your thoughts on Pokémon BDSP? I mean, I love the chibi style and enjoy the return of Let's Go's in the battles. Also the return of Pokemon following you, wonderful~!

Only complaint is not being able to turn off EXP Share (though I don't mind it on, makes the games more manageable with a busy schedule) and that the following-speed of certain Pokemon is too slow (it's very cute, but unfortunate if they keep blipping out of existence to teleport right at your heels only to blip out again XD)
i'm really enjoying them. i love how the full gen 4 national dex (excluding mythicals) can be obtained in just these two games. the underground is also a great new addition.

i do have my gripes with the game though. my main complaint is that this is essentially just DP, and it thus has all the problems DP had. if the games were based on Platinum, this wouldn't be an issue considering that it fixed pretty much all of DP's flaws. these games were so faithful, they even added a surf glitch to get early access to Shaymin.

and yeah, i want to be able to turn my exp share off.

The guy who owns the Trophy Garden isn't lying when he says there are Jigglypuff is in his garden in Post-Game... after you get the Poke Radar that is.
But still, Pichu is the cutest Pokemon there
No, he still is... Backlot just makes his butler insert the Pokemon into the garden before you go back out there so it looks like he's telling the truth. lol

There's a whole list of Pokemon you can get this way too, and only this way. So talk to Backlot daily to find them. Or, if this is a thing like the original DPPt, save before talking to him and reset to get a Pokemon you want. Because Backlot will actually mention a different Pokemon each time.

So anyone up for doing some trade evolutions? I've got my Scyther holding a Metal Coat and I've also got a Kadabra, Machoke, and Graveler to evolve too.

There's a whole list of Pokemon you can get this way too
Like Pichu
So anyone up for doing some trade evolutions? I've got my Scyther holding a Metal Coat and I've also got a Kadabra, Machoke, and Graveler to evolve too.
Me. Also, do we have a Bulbagarden Group? And, if we do, can I join? That would make getting Trade Evos much easier because we would know we were gonna do tradebacks (because honestly, I don't care about using the mon I get, I'm just doing it for the dex entry (so I can complete my Pokedex) because I don't need a legendary Pokemon if it was a version exclusive), and then the risk of getting your Pokemon back would be zero.

Me. Also, do we have a Bulbagarden Group? And, if we do, can I join? That would make getting Trade Evos much easier because we would know we were gonna do tradebacks (because honestly, I don't care about using the mon I get, I'm just doing it for the dex entry (so I can complete my Pokedex) because I don't need a legendary Pokemon if it was a version exclusive), and then the risk of getting your Pokemon back would be zero.
Yeah, I prefer tradebacks, particularly on one-time Pokemon like exclusive legendaries. Where would this group be? Sounds useful and like something I would join.

So, one thing I’ve really enjoyed about this game is the “reaction” animations after you beat random trainers. My favorite has to be the female swimmers; the curled fist and gritted teeth make even the most banal dialogue hilarious.

So, one thing I’ve really enjoyed about this game is the “reaction” animations after you beat random trainers. My favorite has to be the female swimmers; the curled fist and gritted teeth make even the most banal dialogue hilarious.
Yeah, totally agree to this. Thought the same when I noticed that when I got my 3ds and Y/Omega Ruby in early 2020. I always especially liked those female backpackers that were knocked over by the power of my team XD

Yeah, totally agree to this. Thought the same when I noticed that when I got my 3ds and Y/Omega Ruby in early 2020. I always especially liked those female backpackers that were knocked over by the power of my team XD

I remember reactions, just not specific ones from those games; but they really do add to the sense of satisfaction of beating the trainers. Even if they do just have Geodudes and Magicarps.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom