• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Me. Also, do we have a Bulbagarden Group? And, if we do, can I join? That would make getting Trade Evos much easier because we would know we were gonna do tradebacks (because honestly, I don't care about using the mon I get, I'm just doing it for the dex entry (so I can complete my Pokedex) because I don't need a legendary Pokemon if it was a version exclusive), and then the risk of getting your Pokemon back would be zero.
Yeah, I prefer tradebacks, particularly on one-time Pokemon like exclusive legendaries. Where would this group be? Sounds useful and like something I would join.

So, one thing I’ve really enjoyed about this game is the “reaction” animations after you beat random trainers. My favorite has to be the female swimmers; the curled fist and gritted teeth make even the most banal dialogue hilarious.

So, one thing I’ve really enjoyed about this game is the “reaction” animations after you beat random trainers. My favorite has to be the female swimmers; the curled fist and gritted teeth make even the most banal dialogue hilarious.
Yeah, totally agree to this. Thought the same when I noticed that when I got my 3ds and Y/Omega Ruby in early 2020. I always especially liked those female backpackers that were knocked over by the power of my team XD

Yeah, totally agree to this. Thought the same when I noticed that when I got my 3ds and Y/Omega Ruby in early 2020. I always especially liked those female backpackers that were knocked over by the power of my team XD

I remember reactions, just not specific ones from those games; but they really do add to the sense of satisfaction of beating the trainers. Even if they do just have Geodudes and Magicarps.

That one fisherman in one of the games (I don't remember which game specifically) who suddenly pulls a fast one and suddenly sends out a gyarados
I meant the one with 6 Magikarp for a team
There's always one fisherman with 6 Magikarp
Edit: Except in GSC, also there's one there that sends out 3 Gyarados and one in RSE that leads with Magikarp and has 5 Gyarados, the trend of one fisher having 6 Magikarp started again (first time was in RBY) was in FRLG

I meant the one with 6 Magikarp for a team
There's always one fisherman with 6 Magikarp
Edit: Except in GSC, also there's one there that sends out 3 Gyarados and one in RSE that leads with Magikarp and has 5 Gyarados, the trend of one fisher having 6 Magikarp started again (first time was in RBY) was in FRLG
I was aware about the 6 magikarp fisherman, but there is also a fisherman who has (not quite sure about the numbers) 2-4 Magikarp and one Gyarados. But like I said, I don't have the slightest idea in which game, I'm not even sure on which system :D

@EmCeeChupi @prog rocker
So now I got curious and did some research while the board was down for maintenance and...
There is a fisherman on Route 127 with 3 Magikarps (on Ruby/Sapphire, 2 on Emerald) and a Gyarados.
On route 218 there is a fisherman with 5 Magikarps and one Gyarados (except for Platinum, they replaced the Magikarps with Remoraids).
Another one is on route 34, using two Magikarps and a Gyarados (Heartgold/Soulsilver, on Gold/Silver/Crystal he has two of each).

And finally, there is a fisherman who flipped the script and uses one Magikarp and 5 Gyarados on route 132 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald).

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom