• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

That one fisherman in one of the games (I don't remember which game specifically) who suddenly pulls a fast one and suddenly sends out a gyarados
I meant the one with 6 Magikarp for a team
There's always one fisherman with 6 Magikarp
Edit: Except in GSC, also there's one there that sends out 3 Gyarados and one in RSE that leads with Magikarp and has 5 Gyarados, the trend of one fisher having 6 Magikarp started again (first time was in RBY) was in FRLG

I meant the one with 6 Magikarp for a team
There's always one fisherman with 6 Magikarp
Edit: Except in GSC, also there's one there that sends out 3 Gyarados and one in RSE that leads with Magikarp and has 5 Gyarados, the trend of one fisher having 6 Magikarp started again (first time was in RBY) was in FRLG
I was aware about the 6 magikarp fisherman, but there is also a fisherman who has (not quite sure about the numbers) 2-4 Magikarp and one Gyarados. But like I said, I don't have the slightest idea in which game, I'm not even sure on which system :D

@EmCeeChupi @prog rocker
So now I got curious and did some research while the board was down for maintenance and...
There is a fisherman on Route 127 with 3 Magikarps (on Ruby/Sapphire, 2 on Emerald) and a Gyarados.
On route 218 there is a fisherman with 5 Magikarps and one Gyarados (except for Platinum, they replaced the Magikarps with Remoraids).
Another one is on route 34, using two Magikarps and a Gyarados (Heartgold/Soulsilver, on Gold/Silver/Crystal he has two of each).

And finally, there is a fisherman who flipped the script and uses one Magikarp and 5 Gyarados on route 132 (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald).

I think they'll do it eventually. I think they did the right thing to move the event areas from the game for now, though, so that people can't get to them prematurely.
I'm rather worried that BDSP will be kinda left behind when L:A will be released - doesn't have to happen, but I prefer considering this as a possible scenario rather than just l believing that everything will be fine. Guess I'm to negative when it comes to that kinda things.

I'm really liking this game so far! I'm a little disappointed that the Platinum extension isn't included--I'm guessing Platinum Pokemon might show up in Pokemon Legends Arceus--but I'm having a lot of fun, and the sprites are so adorable. I'm also happy to have gained three mythical Pokemon--especially Manaphy, which I've wanted for a long time. Distributions are the best! <3 Everyone in my team except my starter--Clefairy, Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Pachirisu--are "cute" Pokemon. And my Grotle is kind of like their bodyguard, hehe.

I'm really liking this game so far! I'm a little disappointed that the Platinum extension isn't included--I'm guessing Platinum Pokemon might show up in Pokemon Legends Arceus--but I'm having a lot of fun, and the sprites are so adorable. I'm also happy to have gained three mythical Pokemon--especially Manaphy, which I've wanted for a long time. Distributions are the best! <3 Everyone in my team except my starter--Clefairy, Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Pachirisu--are "cute" Pokemon. And my Grotle is kind of like their bodyguard, hehe.
There's a thread for your Team in BDSP. Oh and here it is

As a fan of both Mario and Pokémon, I can honestly say the BDSP League is the Wario Castle of the new millennium.

After an entire playthrough of one pushover after another, the League makes it clear the training wheels are off.

Sales update: Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have now sold almost 14 million copies combined worldwide. This makes them the best-selling remakes in the Pokémon franchise.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom