• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Sooner than I expected for Arceus. Cool.

You need Legends data for Arceus, which I kinda expected. And apparently need to have both games beat.

Do I get it right that this means there is no time limit for Arceus?
And I think the statement about Darkrai is a little vague - does between the new moons imply a mystery gift with limited time (around a month I guess) like with Shaymin or will the members card be distributed every month during the new moon phase (which would be rad but I guess that's pretty unlikely)?

Do I get it right that this means there is no time limit for Arceus?
And I think the statement about Darkrai is a little vague - does between the new moons imply a mystery gift with limited time (around a month I guess) like with Shaymin or will the members card be distributed every month during the new moon phase (which would be rad but I guess that's pretty unlikely)?
As far as I understand, yeah, Arceus has no time limits. You've just needed to complete the main and post-game stories in Legends and obtained the National Dex in BDSP. As for Darkrai, "between new moons" means from April 1 to May 1.

It says the update went live at 6PM PDT yesterday which would be sometime in the middle of the night where I live (EST timezone), I think, but I still have not gotten the update for this. I made a thread about it. I really want to get Arceus and later Darkrai, so I'm angry.

I cannot believe I’ve just gone on to play BD for the first time in forever to find my Pokémon have contracted the Pokerus!! I didn’t realise it was still a thing.
that's pretty amazing. i've only ever contracted pokerus once through a trade. still cultivating that one infection i got back in gen 4. you're very lucky to get it through regular gameplay.

that's pretty amazing. i've only ever contracted pokerus once through a trade. still cultivating that one infection i got back in gen 4. you're very lucky to get it through regular gameplay.
I’ve never encountered a shiny (bar in Lets Go) so I’m quite shocked that it’s happened! It’s a shame I don’t play competitively it would have been great for me!

So apparently this is a thing. Don't know if it's true but if it is, it's a big yikes because i doubt GF wants to put that much effort into Pokemon Home connectivity for BDSP. Yeah, they announced that it would be getting it, but i wouldn't be surprised if they ran into this issue after announcing that and it caused them to just give up. Hence why it's seemingly taking so long.

I’ve never encountered a shiny (bar in Lets Go) so I’m quite shocked that it’s happened! It’s a shame I don’t play competitively it would have been great for me!
do make sure to cultivate it. pokemon in your party will get cured after some time, so keep a pokemon that has it in the pc so you can infect more pokemon

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom