C'est Comme Ça
- Jun 25, 2011
- Reaction score
The ship's foghorn blared as it approached the port, signaling its arrival for the crewsmen on land. "Raise the gate!!" a foreman yelled, as two workers at the docks supervised as the drawbridge made way for the incoming ship. "Where's this one from?" one worker asked to the other. "Passenger travel from Kanto. She'll be in port for a few days before she heads back. I hear they're gonna load her up with medicine and supplies for the Cinnabar relief effort." The first worker looked impressed. "So, the League managed to wrangle in Galactic after all, have they?" "Yeah, it seems like Cynthia finally caved and sold the rights to that old building in Eterna. She'd rather see those poor people helped than protect her pride, even if Eterna is her home district. I hear her constituents aren't too happy about it, though." The first worker sighed. "Kanto can't catch a break, can they? First the incident with the Rockets a few years back, then the conviction of that one Elite Four member...Lorelei, was it? And now all of a sudden a volcano erupts, a town is destroyed, and our businesses care far more about their profit margins than helping fellow Trainers, even if they are across the ocean. It's a miracle that they managed to scuff out a deal in the first place." The ship had made it through the drawbridge, and the second worker pushed the button that caused the drawbridge to come back down. "You can say that again."
The ship came to a stop at the port, and the bridge came down from the galley to the port below. An older, white-haired man came out first, his bushy eyebrows furrowed into a scowl. On the port, a scientist with glasses and a lab coat met him, accompanied by a young girl wearing a beanie and a scarf. "Professor Rowan," the aide nodded. "I am hoping your voyage went smoothly?" The professor mumbled. "Not too shabby, better than the last time where our ship was attacked by a herd of Wailmer!" The aide laughed. "And Professor Oak? How is he?" asked the aide. "Oh, you know. As good as you can be in these times. But, relieved to hear that Sinnoh is sending her support." The girl, who had been quiet up to this point, spoke up. "Those terrible Galactics! I can't believe that they were so mean to our Champion! And that they didn't want to help those people!!" Rowan rose his eyebrows. "Well met, Dawn! As feisty as ever, I see, and though I won't disagree with you, Cynthia is one tough cookie. There's always a catch. I'm sure she's got something up her sleeve. Let's get back to Sandgem, shall we?"
Meanwhile, a trio of executives sit at a table in a board room, dressed in what looks like spacesuits. "...profits are up, our stocks are rising thanks to the recent deal, and our PR presence is at an all-time high. You really nailed it this time, Cyrus," a young man with blue hair said to an older gentleman, who had long, dark circles under his eyes. The older man scoffed. "A small price to pay in order to complete our efforts. You know I don't really care about those people. I don't really care about any of the people in this god-forsaken world. Only the Team. Thank you, Saturn." He turned to a purple-haired woman, whose hair was in a bun. "Jupiter, are the plans complete?" The woman rose, and replied "Yes sir. Our construction crews gutted the building yesterday, and we're beginning to re-fit the building for scientific research capabilities today. We should be operational in a couple of weeks." Cyrus nodded and turned to the third individual, a woman with short red hair. "Mars, an update on recruitment?" She replied, "Yes, boss. Numbers are at an all-time high. Our message is really resonating with the youth of the region. Our contract with Jubilife TV has been a major contributor to the success of message spread and retention. Recruitment overall is up twenty percent from last month, and we've doubled our numbers in the last six months." Cyrus smiled. "And so it begins. Project Arceus. Team Galactic's magnum opus. Our ascendance above all in this world, and into the next. Establishing our foothold in Eterna was necessary to gain a more significant access to the mountain from the west. Soon, we will have a new world, one where we won't have to worry about the League and its bureaucracy. Come, my friends. Let's get this show on the road."
Hello everyone, and welcome to Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia, brought to you by myself, @TheCapsFan , as well as @Elementar ! Our MoD for this game will be myself.
This game will be a 12p, semi-closed setup (role + alignment reveal upon death), NOC, Role Madness game set in the Sinnoh region of Pokemon, and featuring the characters from the newly released remake games, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Pokemon Shining Pearl. It was great to be able to play through Sinnoh again, so we decided to share our love for the region by creating a Mafia game based off it! Whether it's your first Mafia game or your hundredth, we hope you enjoy.
The rules for this game are contained in the spoiler below. We will be implementing the Zexy Standard ruleset for this game, but please note rules 4, 6, and 12 specifically.
- All standard Bulbagarden and War Room Rules apply.
- Day Phases will last for a period of 48 hours and Night Phases will last for a period of 24 hours. Please remember to submit your actions to the host during the appropriate phase. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't. If the host(s) are sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
- Outside communication (that is, communication that occurs outside of this thread) is NOT permitted.
- Nameclaiming is NOT allowed. However, role claiming and alignment claiming are permitted.
- Do not quote, screenshot or attempt to fake information provided by the hosts such as Role PM’s. This includes the exact wording of win conditions.
- Please try to be active. A sustained period of inactivity may result in you being subbed out or modkilled. To enforce this, we are imposing a 5-post minimum per day phase. Failure to meet this requirement will result in a warning, and a second offense will result in a modkill or sub-out. Posts must be game-related and have relevant content, else they will not count towards the requirement.
- Please do not attempt to abuse loopholes. If there is anything you are unsure about as to whether it would constitute loophole abuse or not, please contact the hosts to check.
- MYLO and LYLO phases will be announced at the start of their respective day phases.
- When voting for players during the game please use the following format ‘[VOTE]: Player.’ The player with a majority of votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the game will have no lynch for that phase.
- After being killed in the game, you are allowed one deathpost before the game ends, which may not contain anything that is game relevant information.
- If you change your username mid game please state your old and new usernames in the thread and mention the hosts.
- Rules are subject to change. The host will notify you if this is the case.
- To check you have read the rules, please state your favorite Gen 4 Pokemon when signing up in the thread.
@HumanDawn- Town Evolution Master, Killed Night 1 @Jinjo- Town JOAT, Killed Night 1
- @Sushi The Enby
@Bigfoot_the_Pokémon- Town Reckless Interceptor, Eliminated Day 1
@Pika_pika42- Town Doctor, Eliminated Day 2
Thanks everyone, and please enjoy the game!