• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

Let me explain how a job works. You do your job and if you’re caught on your phone at work you get in trouble. Me especially because I’m the manager at my job so I’m held to a higher standard, and have more work tossed on me. I check when I can but if I can’t then I can’t. A mafia game is not worth losing my job over. Dawning has stated more than once now that if I’m busy I don’t post as much. Build a case against me based on my posts. But don’t try to lynch me because I give a crap about my job.

Especially since you’ve been less active than me this game until now in crunch time.
Totally understandable... by the way I also have a job, I'm just saying. I guess our similar situations are reflected in our similar post counts * mind-blowing *.

Vote: Midorikawa

What is even going on with the vote counts?

just realized I never voted for EternalPokeFanGirl

Vote:EternalPokeFanGirl

but yeah, given the vote count is all wacky, i'm not sure what good it'll do. gotta try though

so is it impossible to vote either of them out? But like Midorikawa said wouldn't the game automatically end if this was unwinnable...? Since now the ability is in use

there was a chance I would've messed it up and targeted Jinjo with that ability lol

can you only use your ability during the day? I'm not sure if ascetic would work in the day, but if so it wouldn't have mattered because, well, ascetic

can you only use your ability during the day? I'm not sure if ascetic would work in the day, but if so it wouldn't have mattered because, well, ascetic
well better safe than sorry

so is it impossible to vote either of them out? But like Midorikawa said wouldn't the game automatically end if this was unwinnable...? Since now the ability is in use
yea idk why it's not over yet :coffee:

Endgame: A New World
Endgame: A New World
  1. @Jinjo
  2. @ExLight
  3. @Space
  4. @EternalPokéFanGirl
  5. @Midorikawa

Having just barely defeated the otherworldly Pokemon, Giratina, Cyrus managed to harness the power of the other two Legendary Pokemon to his advantage. With them claimed, there was absolutely no challenge to his reign over the Sinnoh region - not even the Champion could stop him now. Thus, it came as a surprise when he turned to exit and there stood a young Trainer, not even over 15 years old, in his way, with his fists clenched. "So, THIS is who Cynthia sends to defend the region she holds so dear? Pah. Useless. Kid, I'm going to beat you down so far into a pulp you'll be unrecognizable by the time I'm done!"

The battle raged on, but when Cyrus called forth Palkia, its Spacial Rend devastated the Trainer's Pokemon in a single hit. Bewildered by the awesome power of the Legendary Pokemon, the Trainer admitted defeat. As Cyrus turned back once again, he looked out upon the Sinnoh region. It was all his, and his to do with what he wished - at last, he could create the world he envisioned all those years ago.

------------------

VOTALS

Midorikawa: 4 (????, EternalPokeFanGirl, ExLight)
EternalPokeFanGirl: 3 (Jinjo, Midorikawa, Space)

Dear Midorikawa, you are Dawn/Lucas.

You are the player character of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, either a girl or boy respectively. After taking a Pokeball to save yourself from some Starly, you are thrust into a journey of discovery when Professor Rowan requests your help for the Pokedex. This journey is full of many encounters, where you battle legendary Pokemon, take down a cult and become the Sinnoh Champion.

No matter which gender is chosen, both you and Professor Rowan’s assistant (the gender not chosen) are given the same task: to complete the Pokedex. As such, you are the town’s Tracker. Each night, you can choose to follow a player and see who they visit with their night action(s). You can do this by replying to this PM with Track: [PLAYER].

You are allied with the town, and win when all mafia have been eliminated.

Midorikawa has whited out! They were Dawn/Lucas, the Town Tracker.

As the sky turned to red, Cynthia turned to the Elite Four behind her, staring out at Mount Coronet through the Sunnyshore Lighthouse in disbelief. "There's nothing we can do...We've lost." she said, eyes blank.

Dear Sushi The Enby Jinjo, you are the Elite Four.

You are four of the strongest trainers in the Sinnoh region, tasked with battling any potential contenders who wish for the title of Champion. Your group consists of the determined Bug-type expert Aaron, the tough Ground-type expert Bertha, the passionate Fire-type expert Flint and the educated Psychic-type expert Lucian.

Your range of skills makes it hard to beat you all in succession, making the Champion seem untouchable. As such, you are the town’s Ascetic. Each night, it will be impossible for other players to perform night actions (excluding the night kill) on you. This will happen automatically.

Dear Space, you are Cynthia.

You are the Champion of the Sinnoh region, who meets the protagonist fairly early in their journey. Helping from the side, you guide the protagonist to eventually meet you in battle, where you eventually lose your title (although you don’t go down without a fight). You are very fashionable, and have awesome intro and battle music too.

Your Pokemon are very hard to take down, and hit like a truck (in particular, your infamous Garchomp). As such, you are the town’s 1 x Bulletproof and 1 x Vigilante. Once during this game, you may survive a nightkill. This will be done automatically. Furthermore, during one night phase, you may choose to kill another player of your choosing. You can do this by replying to this PM with absolutely obliterate this team KO: [PLAYER].

As the Galactic Admins finally joined Cyrus at the top of the mountain, they looked down with evil grins and glares.

Dear ExLight, you are Mars, Saturn and Jupiter.

You are the admins of Team Galactic, standing in the way of the protagonist several times throughout the game. You are each named after a planet of Earth’s solar system. After Cyrus disappears, Saturn takes control of the organisation.

You all attempt to take down the protagonist and protect your leader. As such, you are the mafia’s Jack-Of-All-Trades (JOAT) Killer. Each night, you can choose to imbue the mafia kill with one of three 1 x Shot modifiers, 1 x Ninja, 1 x Strongman and 1 x Forcer. You can choose to make your kill undetectable by any means. You can do this by replying to this PM (or most likely, the mafia chat) with Sneak Kill: [PLAYER]. You can choose to make your kill bypass all protection. You can do this by replying to this PM or the mafia chat with KO Kill: [PLAYER]. Finally, you can choose to alter your kill so that it appears like it was completed by another player. You can do this by replying to this PM or the mafia chat with Manipulate [PLAYER BEING FRAMED] to Kill: [PLAYER BEING KILLED].

You are aligned with the mafia and win when your numbers are equal to or greater than the town.

Dear EternalPokéFanGirl, you are Cyrus.

You are the primary antagonist of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, and the leader of Team Galactic. Your goal is to recreate the entire universe. After realising that emotions lead to pain, you became nihilistic and eliminated your emotions, wishing for a world without spirit to end all strife.

You seek to control either Dialga or Palkia in order to achieve your goals, and become a God. As such, you are the mafia’s 1 x Nexus and Timespace Manipulator. During one night phase of the game, you can choose to protect yourself with the power of Pokemon gods, and redirect any actions that target you to random players. You can do this by replying to this PM with I shall become a deity! Furthmore, you can take control of either Dialga or Palkia and use their abilities once each during the course of the game. If you control Dialga, you can control time and choose to either skip a phase or change the length of a phase to be between 5-60 hours. You can do this by replying to this PM with either Distort Time or Time Dilate To: [PHASE LENGTH CHOSEN]. Note this action can be used in any phase. If you control Palkia, you can reset the space that the game is played on, eliminating all votals and placing two votals on a player of your choosing. You can do this by replying to this PM with Reset Space and Teleport: [PLAYER]. Note, this can only be used during the day phase with at least 30 minutes remaining in phase, and you can also use your own vote on top of the additional two placed.

You are aligned with the mafia and win when your numbers are equal to or greater than the town.

The game has ended! The mafia have won the game. Congratulations to @ExLight and @EternalPokéFanGirl for a game well played!

alright, alright.

It was not our intent for the Palkia role to be as OP as it ended up being. we did not consider its use in the scenario of -LO, and had we caught it earlier, I think we would have probably prohibited it from being used in -LO altogether. I think the original intent was for it to act as a 1x CFD in the case a Mafia player would be lynched. I also did not catch that the user would be able to vote on top of the extra two votes - that's something else we could have changed.

Aside from that, we really only had one investigative role on town, which didn't help the cause much - we originally had planned for Riley to be the 12th player, and for his role to be a neighborizer/vanillizer combo if I remember correctly, which is somewhat investigative. So there's definitely some other balance issues we could have addressed. I don't really have an excuse - the only one I could give is that personally, I didn't really think we were going to end up hosting this game after all.

On behalf of both myself and my cohost, I apologize for that, and hope that people still had fun with the game regardless. New folks, I think that many of you played incredibly well and I hope to see you stick around for more games in the future.

Even if the player couldn't vote on top of the palkia votes, or if it could under a reduced palkia power, we would still been able to tie it into a no lynch and win maybe.

I think the setup was fine but definitely really swingy with and arsonist and super strong mafia Cyrus role to counterbalance the non-mafia players. I'd like to apologize for the anti-climatic ending, lol.

I always struggle with balancing third party roles in my game because I feel like it's very unfair to give a player a third party role that has an incredibly low chance of winning, like standard Survivor or Serial Killer, just for the sake of having a third party in the game. I had the same problem with Zombie in Xenoblade Mafia. Of course, having a third party that can actually do stuff means that town needs to get buffed, and I always overestimate the effect that numbers have for the town. Once again, here we figured that 2 mafia in a game of 11/12 would have a relatively low chance of outplaying town, but what do you know.

We liked Arsonist for this, because it fit the flavor well, and could do a lot of damage at one time, which could really give it a good shot at winning.

Ah well. Perhaps I just avoid 3Ps in general from now on.

Back
Top Bottom