• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

It's Absinthe, but I added the W because otherwise it wouldn't count :ROFLMAO:
...And here I was ignoring the "did you mean absinthe" under some misguided assumption that they're obviously separate drinks. :bulbaFacepalm:
I suppose I'd be okay with counting it, it's not an impossible mispronounciation...

This was a moment where I knew without a doubt Boy, now you have messed up! and I couldn't do a thing :D
I just pegged it on you read the wiki article I linked at the beginning; it seemed like you were doing that so it didn't strike me as odd in the slightest. I don't feel like it gave you away at all.

I just pegged it on you read the wiki article I linked at the beginning; it seemed like you were doing that so it didn't strike me as odd in the slightest. I don't feel like it gave you away at all.
Well I indeed used the wiki, but this particular statement felt like I was caught off guard. Kinda like when you know way too much about the baseball game that was played during a time where your wife/husband/etc thinks you were working overtime.

The main things I used the wiki for was:
1. Finding a role to fake claim
2. Reading as many role descriptions as possible to select those Midorikawa could've been after I knew she targeted me
I spent around two hours reading role descriptions and wondering if it could fit for that specific situation before I eventually gave up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well I indeed used the wiki, but this particular statement felt like I was caught off guard. Kinda like when you know way too much about the baseball game that was played during a time where your wife/husband/etc thinks you were working overtime.
I guess that makes sense, but it didn't give me the impression ExLight was suspicious of you being the Arsonist at all when I read it. The impression I get is something more along the lines of (to use your analogy) the person you start talking to about baseball didn't know you were into baseball, but didn't expect you to be anywhere particular the night of the game you were talking about. Not a great analogy but I suck at analogies and can't really come up with something better to explain.

I guess that makes sense, but it didn't give me the impression ExLight was suspicious of you being the Arsonist at all when I read it. The impression I get is something more along the lines of (to use your analogy) the person you start talking to about baseball didn't know you were into baseball, but didn't expect you to be anywhere particular the night of the game you were talking about. Not a great analogy but I suck at analogies and can't really come up with something better to explain.
It just felt sooo awkward the moment it happened, mostly because I never really knew where to sort ExLight to begin with and then the thought What when they know who is town and who isn't? came up and the worst part was that I was telling myself I'm seeing ghosts again and then I thought Even if I'm actually right I can't tell anyone!

It just felt sooo awkward the moment it happened, mostly because I never really knew where to sort ExLight to begin with and then the thought What when they know who is town and who isn't? came up and the worst part was that I was telling myself I'm seeing ghosts again and then I thought Even if I'm actually right I can't tell anyone!
You can actually come out safely as indep if you know how to play it. I suck at indep so I generally come out right away and usually try to side with town unless they’re being annoying. Then I turn on them. Granted arsonist is not a role that can come out right away, but some can.

You can actually come out safely as indep if you know how to play it. I suck at indep so I generally come out right away and usually try to side with town unless they’re being annoying. Then I turn on them. Granted arsonist is not a role that can come out right away, but some can.
I can see people doing that if they are jester for example but in this specific case (like you said) it wouldn't have been a good idea lol.
Hey everyone so my goal is to burn you all to death so you can experience how my afterlife is going to be :)
I'm sure people got lynched for saying less dangerous things

I can see people doing that if they are jester for example but in this specific case (like you said) it wouldn't have been a good idea lol.
Hey everyone so my goal is to burn you all to death so you can experience how my afterlife is going to be :)
I'm sure people got lynched for saying less dangerous things
Jester wouldn't want to out; they'd want to fakeclaim something scummy like rolecop or blocker instead. Jesters want to die and town's usually only willing to help with that when they're significantly ahead. Something like survivor or lyncher could out though.
Arsonist can fakeclaim survivor or something if there's no firefighter claim; if there is a firefighter claim (as there was here) claiming indep is asking to be lynched.

Jester wouldn't want to out; they'd want to fakeclaim something scummy like rolecop or blocker instead. Jesters want to die and town's usually only willing to help with that when they're significantly ahead. Something like survivor or lyncher could out though.
Arsonist can fakeclaim survivor or something if there's no firefighter claim; if there is a firefighter claim (as there was here) claiming indep is asking to be lynched.
Yeah, I had a significant hole in my logic. Claiming the jester would let other townies now you're not scum, therefore they won't lynch you. I forgot that in this case not being considered scum is rather hindering :bulbaFacepalm:

Survivor that claims after D1 usually doesn't get lynched
Unless it's DarthWolf.

...on the other hand, if there is a post D1 Survivor claim from DarthWolf, I have bigger questions from y'all.
Mostly: "why the heck did you not lynch DarthWolf on D1?!"

@DawningWinds The Nexus role was 1x, which is why the second target on EPFG didn't redirect.
I feel like it would've made more sense to redirect everyone who targeted her the night it was used, but in this case I guess it was reasonable because her role was already completely insane so buffing it would not help things.

Unless it's DarthWolf.

...on the other hand, if there is a post D1 Survivor claim from DarthWolf, I have bigger questions from y'all.
Mostly: "why the heck did you not lynch DarthWolf on D1?!"
Because he subbed in after D1?

Unacceptable. I was able to sense his impending presence in Rainbow Rocket Mafia, and attempted to lynch him D1 in that game, despite him not being a player yet.
Y'all need to get on my level. :p
You just vote Darth every game regardless of whether he's in it or will be in it though. :/

Actually untrue.

Rainbow Rocket Mafia was the first game that I ever voted for DarthWolf on D1 where he was neither a current player nor a game host.
Huh. In RR case though lynching Darth woulda been dumb, because that would've increased the chances he betrayed us after actually entering the game since it would've been a complete waste of a day over lynching someone who had literally claimed scum and meant it seriously or rather, someone who had the absolute shit luck of subbing into the slot of the person who did the aforementioned scumclaiming, giving scum a slightly better chance to reach -Lo increasing and the likelihood of kingmaker DarthWolf.
Try lynching a nonplayer Darth again when there's not a lynch that is objectively infinitely better.

Back
Top Bottom