• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - END GAME - 6/26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - DAY 1: The Starting Point - 06-16

Guys at least mention him so he knows to check. He should have a chance to defend himself
@GliscorMan;

He should read the thread from the mention Spectrum made when he's online.

Guys at least mention him so he knows to check. He should have a chance to defend himself
@GliscorMan;

Defend himself against what? A bandwagon with no reasoning behind it? Yeah, who cares that there's literally no explanation anywhere as to why GliscorMan is being voted? He should definitely defend himself anyway! Oh, and before anyone says that Midorikawa made an explanation here, I mean an actual valid explanation

I really don't see the point in lynching anyone right now, but be it on your own heads if he turns out town. I'm not going to join in on wild lynches.

@Buoy; Well you're not doing much to stop it other than complain. He can try to defend himself actually there is always a way even in cases like this.

what do you want ME to do? if i was to even try to defend him properly, i'd probably be accused of being mafia in an instant, and since i'm 'not doing much', that's also being held against me, so it's apparently a lose-lose situation for me here. i'm not complaining, either, and that's pretty rude of you to say: i pointed out, rather sensibly, that there's actually nothing for him to defend himself against, and i actually called for a valid explanation, neither of which remotely resembles a complaint imo. besides, you shouldn't even be trying to make this about me, nor trying to dismiss what i say by writing it off as 'complaining', because i'm pretty sure i've made more sense than you have in this game already, and i've only made one post (prior to this one). this is about gliscorman, and i'm still waiting for an explanation before i even bother committing myself to anything remotely resembling a lynch in this phase.

additionally, would you like to suggest any such way he can defend himself? there's nothing put against him, so what in the world is he supposed to do to defend himself? you can't just say 'there's always a way' without anything to back it up. if i was to start trying to lynch somebody by myself, and everyone was going against me for it, i wouldn't just say 'oh, there's always a way he could be mafia' and expect everyone else to act along with it. there is literally no way. a claim isn't a defence, and he definitely shouldn't have to claim just because people think it's a good idea to try and pointlessly lynch him.

@GliscorMan; I wasn't leaping to your defense. It was the logic I had a problem with, not the vote on you as such. You have just as much chance of turning up mafia as anyone else right now so I don't mind. Buoy is totally right, we are lynching for no reason here. Not gonna vote because I don't want to be part of a rash bandwagon but looks like he'll be lynched anyway. I just hope we get lucky.

VOTING LOCKED

UPDATE PENDING

Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

AccumulaTown.png

Accumula Town - This town offers great views due to its many hills.

Accumula Town is known to be quite hilly, and some of them are raised up in squares where they can be used as platforms. Ghetsis, the leader of Team Plasma had once used this so he could give a speech on Pokemon liberation.

Cheren remembers that day when Ghetsis had tried to persuade people into releasing their pokemons. He had been one of the spectators with Hilbert, and took notice of how that man had been a good liar - talking about what's good for pokemon, when he was planning something else.

Team Plasma was still out there. Cheren called Rosa to investigate certain locations that seemed suspicious. Rosa said she would, and immediately took a detour from her journey.

On her way, she found Giant Chasm in the northern part of the region. She ventured inside, and discovered a secret cave. There was an enormous dragon that she had never seen before... as well as a man wearing back, holding a cane.

"Hey, what are YOU doing here? This place has been discovered! GET HER!!"

mqdefault.jpg

Giant Chasm - Legend says that if you approach this big chasm, disasters surely follow.

Apparently, the legend is quite true. Rosa almost died from that last attack.

When Rosa's Xtranceiver wasn't responding, Cheren immediately contacted the location where she had been last. Marlon, who just returned from a swim, picked up the call and headed over to the Giant Chasm.

The man trying to get rid of Rosa was eventually arrested and sentenced to death for trying to use a fatal attack on a kid. Meanwhile, Rosa was taken away to a safe place where she would stay until she recovers.

150px-Black_White_Ghetsis.png

Ghetsis

"The wonderful era in which I am the absolute ruler of Unova has finally arrived!"

You are the mastermind behind all and reason for the Team Plasma crisis in Unova. While your son appeals to the society by being the hero, you planned dark schemes to make the world your own. After your son left on a journey, you escaped from the law's hands and returned to take on Unova once more.

As a clever member of the seven sages, you have the 1x Lynch Redirect ability. Once during the game, you can choose to direct a lynch to someone you want dead instead of you. This can only be used if you have the most votes. Send REDIRECT: [PLAYER] to the host.

You are aligned with Team Plasma. Outnumber the Unova League to win
GliscorMan was lynched. He was Ghetsis

IT IS NIGHT 1. YOU MAY SEND IN YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS.

THE UPDATE WILL BE ON 6/19 APPROXIMATELY AROUND 11PM GMT +9. This equals to 9 AM EST (GMT -5) with no daylight savings

Speaking of Ghetsis,

Re: Pokemon BW: Unova All-Star Mafia - NIGHT 1: Caught Cold-handed - 06-18

That..was..lucky :0

I still think it was a rash thing to do but at least this time it paid off ^^

that was really lucky. wow.

I know I wasn't here for day 1 but I generally don't like day 1 lynches; however in this case we really lucked out.

Just because the random lynch turned into getting Mafia, it doesn't mean that what Buoy said is invalid, @Harpy;.

That was awesome! Excellent start for us. :D

What. I don't even. Shoot.

That GliscorMan was the lynch redirector almost makes me wonder if the reason Harpy mentioned him even though he'd clearly already looked in-thread before (as he'd posted more than once) and been mentioned by the host was to alert him to use his redirect. Just a small theory with not much behind it, but possible.

One thing to point out other than that:

Harpy said:
VOTE: Gliscorman

1) Because I want to
2) Because another random vote on another person will get us nowhere
3) Because Pressure
4) Because GWS tends to not give me good reactions
When Harpy placed the second vote on GliscorMan, she did provide reasons why. They may not be reasons that everyone agrees with, but she did at least give some explanation outside of just a vote for the heck of it.

CrackFox said:
@Harpy; Your reasons don't make a lot of sense.

1. Because you want to is fair enough but there must be a reason for that, even if it's a silly one.

2. True but for all we know Gliscorman's role could be very important to the town and since so few people have actually voted yet, immeditately jumping on a bandwagon seems wreckless.

3. To echo what HumanDawn said, I don't know what you mean by the GWS remark. Could you elaborate?
As mentioned above, there WAS a reason given for the vote. And it especially should've counted as a reason if even "a silly one" would've been permissible according to CrackFox here.

Also, @Booster Gold and @Faerie both came in for a bit during Day 1 (Booster to confirm, Faerie for a name change) yet did not have anything at all to say otherwise about the game. There's also @Stahl who was absent Day 1 and only came in after the fact with a generic comment about this being a good start.

To all of you three, does anything stand out as noteworthy, or potentially scummy thus far?

One thing to point out other than that:

Harpy said:
VOTE: Gliscorman

1) Because I want to
2) Because another random vote on another person will get us nowhere
3) Because Pressure
4) Because GWS tends to not give me good reactions
When Harpy placed the second vote on GliscorMan, she did provide reasons why. They may not be reasons that everyone agrees with, but she did at least give some explanation outside of just a vote for the heck of it.

Oh, and before anyone says that Midorikawa made an explanation here, I mean an actual valid explanation.

It's not good enough. You can't point that out and expect it to be something valid. We all know there wasn't a valid reason to lynch GliscorMan. While I'm happy he turned out mafia, I really don't want this to encourage reckless lynches in the future. You honestly can't pretend that Midorikawa had a point in voting GliscorMan. I'm not really sure why you brought it up, actually. They're not even your reasons to defend.

Besides that, CrackFox didn't say that a 'silly reason' would have been permissible for the lynch -- she wanted to know why Midorikawa wanted to vote GM; Mido's first reason was 'because I want to', and CrackFox was looking to know WHY she wanted to, even if it was a silly reason. You're trying to be pedantic to use CrackFox's words against her. Selectively quoting is not particularly a good sign from you.

Two questions:
1. Why did you even point out Midorikawa's 'reasoning' (if that's what you want to call it)? It's past the fact now.
2. Why bother to go against CrackFox like that? It's clear what she meant when she was talking about 'silly reasons', at least to me. Was it because she wasn't on board with those ridiculous reasons you feel the need to defend?

It's not good enough. You can't point that out and expect it to be something valid. We all know there wasn't a valid reason to lynch GliscorMan. While I'm happy he turned out mafia, I really don't want this to encourage reckless lynches in the future. You honestly can't pretend that Midorikawa had a point in voting GliscorMan. I'm not really sure why you brought it up, actually. They're not even your reasons to defend.

Besides that, CrackFox didn't say that a 'silly reason' would have been permissible for the lynch -- she wanted to know why Midorikawa wanted to vote GM; Mido's first reason was 'because I want to', and CrackFox was looking to know WHY she wanted to, even if it was a silly reason. You're trying to be pedantic to use CrackFox's words against her. Selectively quoting is not particularly a good sign from you.

Two questions:
1. Why did you even point out Midorikawa's 'reasoning' (if that's what you want to call it)? It's past the fact now.
2. Why bother to go against CrackFox like that? It's clear what she meant when she was talking about 'silly reasons', at least to me. Was it because she wasn't on board with those ridiculous reasons you feel the need to defend?
I'm not saying that there was a valid reason to lynch GliscorMan either, hence why I didn't vote him. What I'm trying to point out is that CrackFox comes across as defending GliscorMan, because she ignored that Midori did give something in explanation (which isn't to say that she or I or anyone had to agree with it). Harpy putting "because I want to" as the first reason was questionable, but she did give some more in her following three points.

I also don't think it's selectively quoting when I didn't even cut the quote short or anything.

1) I only pointed out her reasoning because it pertained to what CrackFox said. I never said that I agreed with Harpy's reasons, I just quoted them to show that there was something given that had already fit what CrackFox said. Pressure sometimes doesn't work because as you pointed out, often there is nothing to defend against on Day 1, but it can be useful to make sure that someone speaks up, so I don't think the reasons were completely ridiculous, just not advisable in all situations.

2) CrackFox frankly strikes me as someone to keep an eye on. Part gut feeling, and part just that her posts have rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think it's too unlikely that she wanted to subtly defend GliscorMan. However, I acknowledge that there isn't much behind this, but it's a hunch I intend to keep in the back of my mind at least.

Two questions:
I'm not saying that there was a valid reason to lynch GliscorMan either, hence why I didn't vote him. What I'm trying to point out is that CrackFox comes across as defending GliscorMan, because she ignored that Midori did give something in explanation (which isn't to say that she or I or anyone had to agree with it). Harpy putting "because I want to" as the first reason was questionable, but she did give some more in her following three points.

I also don't think it's selectively quoting when I didn't even cut the quote short or anything.

1) I only pointed out her reasoning because it pertained to what CrackFox said. I never said that I agreed with Harpy's reasons, I just quoted them to show that there was something given that had already fit what CrackFox said. Pressure sometimes doesn't work because as you pointed out, often there is nothing to defend against on Day 1, but it can be useful to make sure that someone speaks up, so I don't think the reasons were completely ridiculous, just not advisable in all situations.

2) CrackFox frankly strikes me as someone to keep an eye on. Part gut feeling, and part just that her posts have rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think it's too unlikely that she wanted to subtly defend GliscorMan. However, I acknowledge that there isn't much behind this, but it's a hunch I intend to keep in the back of my mind at least.

fair enough, i guess. why is it that the same things don't apply to me, though? crackfox and i both pretty much said the same stuff.

fair enough, i guess. why is it that the same things don't apply to me, though? crackfox and i both pretty much said the same stuff.
It was specifically the bit about even a "silly one" in this right here:

1. Because you want to is fair enough but there must be a reason for that, even if it's a silly one.
Whereas you had right off the bat called out that Harpy's reasoning was flawed and shouldn't be used, CrackFox seemed more to just ignore the reasons completely. Possible that I just read this differently, but it seems to just pass over Harpy's previous post and instead seems to defend GliscorMan.

Also, this bothers me too:

I wasn't leaping to your defense. It was the logic I had a problem with, not the vote on you as such. You have just as much chance of turning up mafia as anyone else right now so I don't mind. Buoy is totally right, we are lynching for no reason here. Not gonna vote because I don't want to be part of a rash bandwagon but looks like he'll be lynched anyway. I just hope we get lucky.
Since this was posted when it was clear that GliscorMan was going to be lynched, it seems suddenly like "Oh, better back up a bit with some neutrality now that GM is a lost cause."

I am seriously getting bored of people's logic in games these days. So if I don't want to vote random people for no reason, that makes me look suspicious? Playing isn't just about elimanating the mafia, it's about looking out for your fellow townies too. I think the bandwagon on Gliscor was risky and unfair to him. Forget the fact that it paid off, that was just luck. The "silly comments" was directed at everyone, not Mido specifically I meant things like 'voting so and so because his avatar looks evil' etc. That is all day one is filled with usually.

@FinalArcadia; Fine, whilst we are grasping at straws here is something i've noticed. During the lynch you mostly kept quiet and didn't cast a vote. Now, suddenly you are all over the thread pointing the finger at other people, looking a bit scummy yourself to be honest.

Seen as I was active during the end phase, if I was mafia I would have made sure Gliscor used his lynch re-direct or begged the host to allow me to make the decision for him. Might be a bit of insight there, the mafia are most likely fairly inactive players.

Can I also just clarify I wasn't sticking up for anyone, I was sticking up for good logic.

I don't know what other way to get things started because randomly voting someone, or voting a random person for pressure and see what reactions we get from that. Midorikawa starting a pressure vote actually helped get things rolling in my opinion, but her reasoning for voting GM instead of GWS doesn't sit well with me.

Gliscorman turning out as the lynch redirector does cause me to have my suspicions on Midorikawa, especially since her reasoning for voting against him in the first place wasn't something I agreed with.

But I feel that it also wouldn't be very tactical, because there would be more suspicion directed towards GM as a consequence, and there's no need to sacrifice a mafia member so early in the game.

Last edited:

Wow... we were really lucky LOL.

Gengar won the battle and got 569 exp.

FinalArcadia's theory on Harpy mentioning him to alert him to redirect seems like a very interesting theory, but anyway.

@Spectrum Achromatic
Sorry for not confirming. I thought I did, but I didn't. My bad. I'll do it right now. Role confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom