• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon cards allegedly link to adult website: QR code misdirects, shocks family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny. Just yesterday I saw someone on YT who was shocked on how moving the Super Mario World cartridge on SNES can cause "Fuck You" appear on the special map. Also how it had a cursor on it.

That leads to my next point. Mr. Lapp, "Fuck You". :)

This thread made me lol so much. I never used TGC, so I have no knowledge on what's going on about their issue.

Like, anyone remember the many other Pokemon controversies in the past? It seemed like more people only cared about making money from suing or by getting rid of the "latest kid fad".

But the Pokemon fad died in the U.S. a decade ago.

This thread made me lol so much. I never used TGC, so I have no knowledge on what's going on about their issue.

Like, anyone remember the many other Pokemon controversies in the past? It seemed like more people only cared about making money from suing or by getting rid of the "latest kid fad".

But the Pokemon fad died in the U.S. a decade ago.

It may not be as strong as it once were during the Gen I and II days, but it has picked up the pace as of IV.

When I meant "kill off the fad", I meant killing it off for good. We still got the games, the anime, the cards, the manga, the merchandise, and many other stuff. No, Pokemon in North America is not dead. That's like comparing it to Rare's Viva Pinata! franchise. Now that fad is dead.

When I read this, I immediately remembered various other ridiculous stories from the past of Pokemon's history. The choking poke balls (fair enough but who let their child cover their mouth with it...), the Jynx sxandal (I wish they could just let Jynx be true to herself and be jet black not purple) and of course the age-old claims about the Pokemon theme when played backwards. This story is really just another one for the pile of silly things that people do. My guess is everyone else's: the Lapps are attention-cravers and made it up in an attempt to get a quick buck. Course since the test was repeated and failed, it may well end in disaster for them.

EDIT: not to mention, the news station is affiliated with FOX. Seriously, FOX. Who can take them seriously? They're even mocked by the shows they air.

Sure, lets blame the Pokemon cards for our pervertedness, that sounds logical. /sarcasm

Then again, now I know what my next excuse is going to be lol

l.s.h.m.s.f.o.a.i.d.m.t

laughing
so
hard
my
sumbrarow
fell
off
and
i
dropped
my
taco

i find this hard to believe. looks like somebody wanted publicity

The code cards are supposed to be scanned on the TCGO website. I use it all the time, when the scanning reacts it doesn't take you to another page. It just says wether the code is valid or not. This is a load of bull.
^ This.

My hubby saw a vid of this and actually snapped a pic of the QR code in question on his 3DS. He got nothing. No adult website, nothing naughty. Methinks Mr. Lapp is either fishing for his fifteen seconds of fame or trying to avoid sleeping on the couch because he looks at pr0n.

Ugh. At least this isn't as huge as the "balloon boy" incident a couple years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom