• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Cast Away (Sign-up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Bones

It's alive!
Reaction score
I know what I have to do now. I have to keep breathing, because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows that the tide will bring?

I was watching one of my favorite movies, Cast Away, this weekend, and it somehow popped into my head that this might be a good idea for an RPG, so here's my first shot at a Pokémon RPG ;D ! Wish me/it luck!

Even though it looks like a lot to read, it's pretty straight forward.

----

The Story (spoiler'd for size)

You are a pampered Pokémon, well acquainted with luxury and comfort, although most would just call you spoiled. Your trainer is a prestigious coordinator/battler, and you’ve the best the world has to offer. You travel extravagantly, and simply put, you’re filthy rich… Too bad that doesn’t count for much where you’ve found yourself.

You’re still shaky on the details, but what you’ve managed to put together was that in the middle of a lengthy trip to a Pokémon competition far away, you were thrown from the comfort of your jumbo jet, separated from your trainer. You managed to survive the crash, waking up on a mysterious shore, confused, but safe, with nothing more than a few cuts and small bruises.

The island you’ve wound up on is beautiful, covered in lush, green trees bearing colorful, ripe fruit. The mountains stretch up high and jut out into the ocean, offering beautiful views. Unfortunately, there’s not much to see up there other than the seemingly endless stretches of ocean, because the island is in the middle of nowhere, and the nearest civilization could be hundreds of miles away. The island is massive, and it’s a wonder that it’s alluded human detection for all these years. All you know is that you need a find a way back home, while still trying to survive there on the island.

Water Pokémon might normally find themselves lucky, but the water beyond is infested with Carvanha, Sharpedo, and angry Wailord, as well as other dangerous marine life, and they have no plans on making any friends. The treacherous waves and storms also prove to be quite a problem for even the most skilled swimmers. Swimming isn’t going to be an option.

Flying Pokémon might also be tricked into thinking they’d have an easy escape, but the island is far from any other land, and the powerful currents of wind that blow high above the mountaintops of the island would drive off even the strongest of flyers. You might be the most powerful Fearow on the planet, but you’re not going to be able to get off that island by just flying.

It looks like the only escape is going to be working together with your fellow castaways...

Even though the island is in the middle of nowhere, just about every day something washes up on shore. There’s no way to tell what’s going to wash up next, so all you can do is cross your fingers and hope that it’s something that can get you back home, make life easier on the island, or just entertain you while you prepare your escape.

Even if it seems like it at first, you’re not alone on the island. The island is in habited by several tribes, all inhabiting different parts of the island. They all speak your language, but also have their own, unique language that they use to communicate with one another within their tribe.

The tribes usually get along… Usually. It so happens that not long before your arrival, a brutal and serious war had erupted between the two largest tribes on the island, the Summit Tribe, rulers of the mountains, and the Treetop Tribe, rulers of most of the forests on the island. Will you choose sides in this dilemma, or avoid it, hoping that, somehow, you aren’t tossed into the middle?

So, it’s up to you and your fellow stranded Pokémon to get off the island and back home, while still trying to survive on the island and keep everyone comfortable and safe. You can’t do this alone.

Rules

I’d like to see this RPG thrive and last a long time, so at first, there aren’t going to be very many rules other than the basic, common sense ones. But if problems recur, I’ll be forced to tighten things up a bit.

• NO GODMODDING! This includes having a super-strong character (example: he killed off everyone in the tribe with his Sheer Cold attack!), and controlling characters that are not yours (unless special permission is clearly stated in this thread, such as in the case of a prolonged absence.)
  • As stated briefly in the last post, all notices regarding absences, character shifts, etc., must be posted in this thread. It’s too easy to overlook a small OOC post, so it’ll make things easier for everyone else.
  • Keep things slow and steady. No one likes to come back to an RPG that’s progressed twenty pages since you left. One line posts are tolerable as long as they don’t heavily affect the story while still have some point, but please try and be thorough and detailed with your responses.
  • As far as language goes, I’m fine with just about anything, but excessive swearing for no reason won’t be tolerated. In truth, the occasional F-bomb doesn’t bother me too much if it’s used in the right context (anger would probably be the best reason), but above all, keep things safe and comfortable for everyone else.
  • Respect will be the thing I’m most strict with. If you can’t respect the other members of the RPG, you’ll have to leave the island Survivor style (well, actually, not survivor style at all… we’ll feed you to the volcano).
  • Grammar and spelling are paramount. If no one can understand your posts, I won’t hesitate to call you out on it. Just take your time and write something you can be proud of… or at least something others can read.
  • Right now, you can play two characters, but later on in the RPG I wouldn’t mind letting everyone control a third character or more.
  • Should she accept it, Edo-kun is going to be my Co-GM, so anything she says goes. If she doesn’t want it, I’d still like to have a second-in-command, just to make things run smoother when I’m not here, so you can apply for that position only if E-kun doesn’t want it.
  • When it comes to the items that wash up on shore, the rules are pretty lax. The items can be used for just about anything, but it must be decided as a group. For example, if you just happen to be the first person to post after my update, you can’t just take the item for yourself and decide what will be done with it. It must be approved by at least three other posters (not three other characters, mind you).

Sign-ups

Right now, you can either play one of the stranded Pokémon searching for a way home, or you can be one of the members of the Treetop tribe, or both (two different characters, of course). Later on in the RPG, you’ll be able to sign up as a member of the Summit Tribe, or other tribes, so keep an eye on this thread for those announcements.

NOTE: The Treetop Tribe will not make an appearance until a bit later after it begins, so if you do choose to go that route, you might need to be patient for a bit.

Each character is allowed to have salvaged an item (a picture, a evolutionary stone, etc.) from the plane which they had brought to the island. This is optional.

No legendaries/ubers.

Forms

Stranded Pokémon
Name:
Species:
Appearance (shiny, scars, clothing, etc.):
Personality:
History:
Salvaged Item:
Other (optional):

Tribe Pokémon
Name:
Species:
Appearance (shiny, scars, clothing, etc.):
Personality:
History:
Place/rank in the tribe:
Other (optional):

----

Well, I’ve said all I can say (more than that, actually) so I’ll leave the rest to you guys! I hope this turns out to be an awesome RPG! And one that eventually ends, as well. Just to make sure this is going to be a relatively fast paced RPG, I’m not making any limit for players, so whoever wants to join, sign up!

My Characters

Name: King Sands
Species: Poliwrath
Owner: N/A
Appearance: He wears a crown made from the roots of the indigenous plants. A red handprint stretches across the spiral on his belly. His arms are muscular and covered bandages, soaked red by recent wounds.
Personality: He speaks loudly and commandingly, perhaps taking too much advantage of being king, even if no one dares to oppose him. He looks out for his people and has no problem confronting a threat one on one, and he will do anything for his tribe. When not surrounded by his fellow tribe members, save perhaps for his friends, he loves to loosen up and enjoy the beautiful island, but he knows he must keep his position as the tribes diligent and dedicated leader.
History: It’s not sure how this relatively young Pokémon became king of the second largest tribe on the island, but his demanding voice, sharp wit, and leader-like personality makes it clear how he managed to keep his status. He was born on the island and was once a member of the Arid Tribe of the desert, but was banished for stealing from the leader, forced to leave his family at a very young age.
Salvaged Item: N/A
Place/rank in the tribe: King/leader
Other: None
Name: Lavender
Species: Haunter
Owner: Coordinator
Appearance: Lavender looks like a typical haunter, distinctive, almost-black purple skin with a beaming smile and bright eyes.
Personality: Lavender is very laid back, hard to worry and even harder to disappoint. He’s a Pokémon that, although he’s had it all, he’ll be satisfied with just about anything. He’s friendly, but takes great offense to comments inferring that trainers are better or stronger in any way than coordinators, and he will gladly defend his owner’s profession.
History: Named after the town in which he was caught, Lavender was raised by a young coordinator who wanted nothing more than to pursue her dreams with her Pokémon, but she just happened to be the heiress to a hugely wealthy Pokémon food company. He’s traveled the world with his trainer, and he’s taken great pride in competing in contests under her guidance.
Salvaged Item: A Hearthome City contest ribbon.
Place/rank in the tribe: N/A
Other: None

Players

1. Pale Bones (Lavender, King Sands)
2. Aura Sphere (Rocky)
3. Edo-kun (Kitsune, Set)
4. Zephy.Changes (Maydrianna)
5. Gastlys Mama (Lady, Moses)
6. The Objectionist (Starry)
7. Infinity Mk-II (Kori, Mori)
8. Metagross72 (Vidragon)
9. Maxwell (Quagly)

Last edited:
this looks unique and cool...

Name: Rocky
Species: Arcanine
Owner (Coordinator/Trainer; stranded only): Trainer

Appearance (shiny, scars, clothing, etc.): Rocky is slightly bigger than the average Arcanine. The only other unique feature is that Rocky wears a light green scanning visor over one eye that helps him in battle.

Personality: Rocky has always been pampered and takes this for granted. Rocky is very spoiled because of this, and his temper will flare if things aren't going perfectly. Also, being a crucial member of his elite trainer's team, he is extremely overconfident in his abilities as a fighter. Rocky will also never back down from a challenge, no matter what the odds of winning are. Rocky is also fiercely loyal to his trainer, and will execute his commands no matter what.

History: Rocky was purchased from a breeder at a young age by the parents of his future trainer. They grew up together from when his trainer was only seven, and Rocky was his starter Pokemon when his trainer started his journey in the Hoenn region.

Three years later, Rocky's trainer won the Ever Grande Conference and Rocky scored the final knockout of the tournament, which is his proudest moment.

Salvaged Item (stranded only): Scope Lens (the light green scanner from above)
Other (optional): N/A

I accept the offer, PB! Now, let's see what I can come up with...

Name: Kitsune (aka 'Kit')
Species: Ninetales
Appearance: Shiny and particularly elegant-looking, but no other outstanding physical features
Personality: Kit is by no means afraid to speak her mind, and doesn't hesitate to let someone know her opinion about them. She has a bit of an inferiority complex, however, which paradoxically leads her to act as though she has a superiority complex in order to mask it. She is a master of deception and sarcasm, and it's never clear if what comes out of her mouth is actually what she means.

However, she is staunchly loyal to anyone who manages to befriend her, and can reveal herself to be quite compassionate, and a good listener. She has particularly strong mothering instincts, and will never hesitate to protect a cub.
History: Kit's trainer was a young girl named Amber, who's hometown was Cherrygrove City, Jhoto. Amber's mother's second marriage was to the CEO of Silph Co., and therefore, was very wealthy. Amber made a name for herself as a Coordinator on her journey, which she left for just after her mother's marriage. Kit has traveled extensively with Amber, and has always been highly admired for her elegant looks and alternate coloring. She's been spoiled, but has tried not to let it affect her too much.
Salvaged Item: a small drawstring pouch, with contains the Fire Stone that Amber used to evolve her.
Other (optional): knows Will-O-Whisp, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power (Electric); always excelled in the appeal rounds of contests, rather than the battle rounds.

Name: Set
Species: Houndoom
Appearance: An ordinary-looking Houndoom
Personality: Set is named after the Egyptian god who was brother to and opposed the Lord of the Dead Osiris, and has earned that name. He is often very cynical and pessimistic, and has few qualms about harming others in order to achieve a goal. He's a bit of a loner, though he's especially attached to Kit.He has a soft spot for her, and she knows it. He's very practical, and tries not to let emotions get in the way of a sound or efficient decision.
History: Set had been on Amber's team almost as long as Kit has, and the two have grown very close. He doesn't like talking about his past before his capture, and not much is known about it. It is suspected that he lost someone dear to him, though, as he can sometimes be found staring off with a glazed look in his eyes and occasionally sighing.
Other (optional): knows Sucker Punch, Flamethrower, Hidden Power (Fighting), Shadow Ball; excelled in the battle rounds of contests, rather than appeals.

Last edited:
Thanks, Aura. All three characters are accepted ;D Glad to have you guys aboard (and thanks for accepting, E-kun)

I'm not expecting a big turnout for this, so we can get started after one or two more people join.

Last edited:
Name: Maydrianna (Maydri)
Species: Rattata
Owner: Trainers (2)
Appearance: Maydrianna is shiny and wears a blue ribbon around her tail.
Personality: Maydri is very lazy. She is also quite sarcastic. Her most redeeming qualities are her attention to detail and honesty. Maydri doesn't know much about the outside world she usually gets by due to sheer luck.
History: Her trainers were spoiled twins Ann and Ace. They both aspired to be master Pokémon trainers but very rarely actually trained Maydrianna. She has lived her whole life by the sea as her owners lived in the Grand Lake Hotel. She would spend days on a pillow by the beach and would get up occasionally to run around. Despite being lazy she is very fast when she needs to be.

Awesome, accepted! If we can get one more person to join, we can start today! Otherwise, I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon to post the start up. Thanks for joining!

Last edited:
This looks like a really good idea for an RPG!

Name: Lady
Species: Persian
Owner: Co-ordinator
Appearance (shiny, scars, clothing, etc.): Lady's owner always loved to dress her up, being an extremely eager co-ordinator and when she ended up on the island, it just so happened that she was wearing four gold bracelets, one around each of her ankles. She has an extremely shiny coat (not as in alternate coloured, just glossy), which is covered in blue Beauty ribbons.
History: Lady has won many Beauty contests around both Hoenn and Sinnoh. She was a prize in the Game Corner as a Meowth and that was how her trainer first got her. She was made to battle until she evolved and hasn't had a single battle since evolution.
Personality: Lady has an over inflated sense of her importance and refuses to battle or do physical labour unless it is absolutely necessary. Lady for some reason believes that she deserves to have people, or if people are not present other Pokemon, to do things for her so she doesn't have to lift a finger.
Salvaged Item: Her own Luxury Ball, which she is able to operate by herself, meaning that she can flee into it at any time and have a comfy nap.

Name: Moses
Species: Murkrow
Appearance (shiny, scars, clothing, etc.): Moses often wears his hat down to cover his eyes, one of which he has a scar across and is blind in it.
Personality: Moses is extremely sneaky and smooth talking. He is underhand and likes to play people off against each other, he will never openly oppose someone as he is a very weak battler and is frankly scared of confrontation.
History: (If this history is too much, I can change it completely, just give the word!) Moses has been part of the Treetop tribe longer than anyone else, but his position in respect to the leader has never been clear, he has always implied that he is somehow the man behind the curtain, but has never gone against anything King Sands or any previous leader has ever said and has never made any moves against the leaders.
Place/rank in the tribe: Moses' place in the tribe has never been particularly clear, but he doesn't take orders from anyone but the leader (though he always says he will).

Hope these are ok!

Ha ha, thanks! I'm glad you like it. I went a little crazy on the details...

Those are better than ok ^_^ ! Accepted! Moses' history is great, no need to change it. It leaves a lot of room for interesting developments...

Glad you joined, Gastys Mama! Great, now that we have five members, I'll go ahead and get started on the start-up thread!

Sign-ups are still open to anyone else lookin' to join.

Interesting...

Name: Starry
Species: Staravia
Owner: Breeder/Cordinator
Appearance: Starry has a normal Staravia's look, exept for a few dark gray stripes on his sides.
Personality: Starry usually thinks about what will happen to him before he does something, but he usually doesn't do much to begin with. If found needed, or wanted by him, he will try to help. He hasn't done this much, either.
History:
Starry was hatched from an egg, and was going to be trained by a trainer, but got taken by a breeder instead. Over time, unlike other pokemon, Starry evolved into a Staravia. The breeder eventually started going to contests, which Starry liked, and were decent at. One day, they had won a contest and someone accidentally dropped a card, that turned out to be a winning lottery ticket.
Salvaged Item: A pokeball that Starry like to play with, but doesn't know how to use.
Other: Evolves over time instead of at once.

Welcome aboard, Objectionist! Not sure what you mean by "evolves over time instead of at once," but I'm sure it'll become clear soon enough.

I mean that instead of glowing and turning into the next form, growing into that thing over time. So a Starly would be inbetween a Staravia and a Starly in the middle of evolution, and slowly become a Staravia. Does that help?

I'm really sorry for such generic and uninspired Glaceon/Leafeon characters, I know... I've just been wanting to RP as a Glaceon and Leafeon for a while... I will try to fix it through character development, though.

Name: Kori
Species: Glaceon
Appearance: Two silver bracelets in her front left leg, a few half torn apart ribbons and a pendant.
Personality: Rather serious. She normally tries to remain calm, but can get pretty defiant and agressive. She has a rather dislike for people that are too arrogant, depsite she being arrogant herself...
History: She and her brother were taken by this extremelly rich coordinator some time ago. This coordinator basically hated her pokemon, and tried to make them look pretty just so she would win fame. She would try to beat up the opponents pokemon before the contests, and her own if they didn't win or if she just got tired of them. Note that she didn't hate it all and actually liked the luxurious life...
Salvaged Item: A pendant from the daughter of her owner.
Other (optional): Mori is her older brother.

Name: Mori
Species: Leafeon
Appearance (shiny, scars, clothing, etc.): All sort of jewelry over him.
Personality: Happy and cheerful, though he has no will to fight and will try to do whatever he's told to. Also, even though he's the carefree one he is the one who makes sure Kori doesn't do anything stupid.
History: Similar to his sister, however, becouse of his behavior he didn't get in any trouble at all, and tried to make it so she didn't either.

Last edited:
I'd like to join this if possible, please! Here's the info!

Name: Joshua
Species: Human
Appearance: Black hspikey hair, white skin, blue eyes, dark blue pants, white t-shirt, red shirt, black and white shoes
Personality: Joshua is a very nice, caring and concerned person for his friends. He's always there to help them out with any problems they need help for. Joshua is a person who will never let his friends down.
History: Joshua's past was not all good. He had a pretty bad experience. When he was one year old, he was kidnapped by Team Rocket. They wanted to make him into an ultimate weapon that they could use to capture Pokemon. But Joshua wanted nothing to do with it. He was able to break free and escape. The rest of his life, he was raised by a loving adopted mother. Now, Joshua is on a journey to find his real family.

Hey, TTUF, I'm not GM (Game Master that is, I am Gastlys Mama), but I highly doubt your character will be accepted. This is an RPG where you play as a Pokemon, so your species can't be human. Also, I have no idea what gender: co ordinator means =P

Also, PB, do you think as well as names you could species on that character list at the top? Thank you!

Those characters aren't bad at all, Infinity ^_^ ! Welcome to the RPG! Glad to see some more diverse types...

ThatcherTiedUpFan: Gastlys Mama is right. This RPG doesn't have any room for humans right about now (or, more than likely, ever). You can still join if you come up with a Pokemon bio though. But... did you even read the story description/rules?

Gastlys Mama: Thanks for the help with that one. Yeah, I'll be happy to add that to the list. Also, I'm posting all of the accepted profiles onto the first post of the start-up thread, so you can see them there as well.

Sounds interesting. I think I'll try out a stranded one or two:

Name: Loki
Species: Ninetales
Owner: Trainer
Appearance: Loki is a typical-looking Ninetales, though his fur is a slightly deeper shade of red than most of his kind. His mouth always seems to be in the shape of a knowing smirk. Also, he wears the Fire Stone used to evolve him about his neck.
Personality: Loki, like his Norse namesake, is a mischievous little trickster, though he is normally never malicious. Still, it is a good idea to watch your back and possessions around him. He appreciates a good joke, even at his own expense.
History: Loki met his trainer when he was a Vulpix and found himself captured while playing a joke on the human. After getting to know his trainer some, he decided to see what the human could do for him, eventually consenting to be evolved into a Ninetales when the battles became difficult for him.
Salvaged Item: The now-powerless Fire Stone that was used to evolve him.

Name: Rainebow
Species: Eevee
Appearance: She is a shiny Eevee whose fur is distinctly a shade of silver, not grey. She also wears an necklace to be described below.
Personality: A very quiet and reserved Pokémon most of the time, she is also very intelligent. she has a tendency to observe a situation before stepping in.
History: Rainebow was found as an egg by her coordinator, and was, in fact, his only Pokémon. She looked up to her trainer as her own father, and enjoyed all the poffins he made for her, though she showed a slight preference for the sour ones.
Salvaged Item: A necklace of seven gems (coloured as the Chaos Emeralds). It was given to her by her coordinator after they won their first contest.
Other: This character is based on one that I came up with for some fanfictions of mine, only in them she's able to speak human and can change into the various Eeveelutions with the proper stones (with Dusk and Dawn stones for Umbreon and Espeon, respectively) and back again.

Those are the two I've come up with. I've decided that the two get along quite well once they meet, I'm planning another character that will be kinda fun to play, but he can wait.

So since we're supposed to put announcements up here, I'll start. My computer is in for repairs right now, so I won't have regular access to it until early next week. So if I'm not posting a lot, that's why.

Thanks for letting us know, Edo-kun!

Megidrazard, you're characters are accepted!

Really hoping there's still time to join...
Name: Quagly
Species:Quagsire
Owner:Trainer
Appearance Like a normal, male quagsire.
Personality:Like most of his species, Quagly is very easy going and relaxed. He's not the smartest Pokemon in the world, but he is kind-hearted and loyal.
History: Quagly was recently caught by his trainer, and didn't know him very well. But in the short amount of time he fought by his side they became fast friends, and Quagly is determined to find him.
Salvaged Item: None
Other (optional): None

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom