• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Center website to return: Revealed in sneak peek mailed to fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon Center website to return: Revealed in sneak peek mailed to fans

The Pokémon Company International has mailed out sneak peek packages to selected fans, asking them to announce the return of the Pokémon Center website.

Read more on Bulbanews

This is a glorious day! Currently I can only get my hands on a very limited selection of pokemon figurines at a shop near the outskirts of town.

I'm so excited!!! I used to purchase Pokedolls off of their website when I didn't feel like going to Nintendo World!

Knowing the Pokemon Company they're going to sell crap and all the good stuff will be Japan only. It'd be nice though if they sold all the merchandise the Japan stores sell. Exactly what that is though, I have no idea. I've never been to Japan (except I have been to the pavilion at Epcot).

Knowing the Pokemon Company they're going to sell crap and all the good stuff will be Japan only. It'd be nice though if they sold all the merchandise the Japan stores sell. Exactly what that is though, I have no idea. I've never been to Japan (except I have been to the pavilion at Epcot).

At least the US is getting something... The UK and the rest of the world (except France but that's only temporary) is being shafted as usual.

At least the US is getting something... The UK and the rest of the world (except France but that's only temporary) is being shafted as usual.

So it's not open to the rest of the world? I don't get why the Pokemon Company is so backwards. I don't get why they don't realize that Pokemon is huge worldwide. They could make a fortune selling merchandise if they would only let people buy it. They're sitting on top of a merchandise gold mine.

Well, I'm certainly happy about this! I was pretty sad when the Pokémon Center site closed down, so this definitely cheers me up!

I, too, am really happy about this! Most of the stuff on eBay is so overpriced that anything you want from Nintendo World they'll turn around and sell it 3x more. With this, I can just buy straight online without having to worry about all that awful malarkey. Of course, I don't expect this to be like the Pokemon Centers in Japan, but I'll take this over eBay anyday!

Even though I'm in the US, I hope the online store is available to ship to the international fans at least. Maybe if this really takes off, maybe we could have promotional stuff as well, like Pokemon Time and such. Hoping it's not just going to be mostly cheap shit with the same clip art slapped on....

Trying not to hope so much...gotta keep the bar low...

Alright then. Now we have a legitimate site to buy real Pokemon merchandise from.

Ugh, I was worried it would be USA-only. Seems bogus to me cause I would even pay extra for shipping if I had the choice. (I live in Canada. they also did NOT bring the McDonald's toys to us this year even tho we got em in 2011 and 2012 :/)

In Nintendo's eyes Pokemon only exists in Japan, and there is a small minority, like 5 or 10 fans in the US.

Latin America, Europe and Oceania are just empty landmasses that God left their for them if they ever want design inspiration (ie France/Kalos) you understand no actual people live in these places right.

Great news; it would be so cool to receive an invitation for the Pokemon Center's grand re-opening! Wow, I thought this concept would have fallen to the wayside and remained in Japan (given the closure of the first English Pokemon Center website), but dreams do come true with such a robust resurgence! :spin:

Not sure if I'll be able to buy anything from the store anytime soon (given that I'm still trying to get Pokemon games of Generation 5 and Generation 6), but it's really nice to hear about the store's return, and I hope that a wide range of items is available.

But the invitation specifically points out that "POKEMONCENTER.COM is the place to find brand-new items as well as merchandise previously available only in Pokémon Center Japan." ...I would think that a good portion of the merchandise products is going to be high-quality if The Pokemon Company International is going to bother bringing back the English online Pokemon Center store in the first place... Granted, I've never shopped at an English or Japanese Pokemon Center store online, but here's hoping that a good assortment of products is available.

So it's not open to the rest of the world? I don't get why the Pokemon Company is so backwards. I don't get why they don't realize that Pokemon is huge worldwide. They could make a fortune selling merchandise if they would only let people buy it. They're sitting on top of a merchandise gold mine.

Given that Game Freak/The Pokemon Company went to great lengths for the worldwide release of Pokemon X and Y, I'm hoping that they (primarily The Pokemon Company) are at least trying to address the issue of other territories getting "neglected" in terms of merchandise, etc. I'm not sure whether the problem is logistics, legal issues, finances (which I highly doubt), or a combination of those and/or other matters..

Even though I'm in the US, I hope the online store is available to ship to the international fans at least. Maybe if this really takes off, maybe we could have promotional stuff as well, like Pokemon Time and such.

This.

In Nintendo's eyes Pokemon only exists in Japan, and there is a small minority, like 5 or 10 fans in the US.

Latin America, Europe and Oceania are just empty landmasses that God left their for them if they ever want design inspiration (ie France/Kalos) you understand no actual people live in these places right.

:lol: Well, I hope distribution to other countries improves instead of products mostly being relegated to Japan. At least the multi-lingual production of the games is a start..

*angels sing*
XDD
Lol, but wow! This is amazing news! :3 Now it'll be so much easier to expand my pokemon collection! ♥♥♥ *squeals and dances happily* Now time to go save some money. xD.

I checked the FAQs, surprisingly they don't ship outside of the US!! Nice to feel appreciated TPCi!! Did you forget your 'promise' of letting every country get the same merch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom