• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Champion and Elite Four Speculation

In the part about The gym challenge.
In that case, then there's likely the Elite Four you face after the Championship before facing the Champion. This Championship to me seems like you have to earn the right to challenge the E4 and Champion.

In that case, then there's likely the Elite Four you face after the Championship before facing the Champion. This Championship to me seems like you have to earn the right to challenge the E4 and Champion.
The two aren’t strictly related, so that one means the other is in as well. Besides, we already knew there were going to be gyms.

The way the League works, as well as the page completely omitting to talk about the E4, leads me to think that the E4 might not be in. The further focus on being the stronger trainer and the champion in game and marketing also don’t fit with the E4: why wouldn’t they challenge the Champion in the Cup? Why are they satisfied with it?

Granted, the same goes for the Gym Leaders. I’d be more then happy to have both the tournament and then E4 challenge, I just have the feeling it might not happen.

I actually love Leon's design lol.

Also, I do hope Leon is exceptionally strong. The whole "never lost a battle" thing would be very underwhelming if you beat him easily. I remember having trouble beating Cynthia on my recent replay of Diamond; I'd like another battle like that.

Also, I do hope Leon is exceptionally strong. The whole "never lost a battle" thing would be very underwhelming if you beat him easily. I remember having trouble beating Cynthia on my recent replay of Diamond; I'd like another battle like that.
So far, Cynthia and Kukui has been the two final opponents that have given me more trouble, so I guess I would like something like that.

So far, Cynthia and Kukui has been the two final opponents that have given me more trouble, so I guess I would like something like that.
Kukui never gave me trouble. I only beat Cynthia by the skin of the teeth in Diamond, my first true Pokemon Game.

But... Leon does sound like he's the Cynthia of the Galar Region League. Makes me more hoping for Cynthia to appear in Sword and Shield, and for a Gen 4 Remake to come out next year.

I've only ever had a problem with Cynthia's Milotic tbh. But I'm hoping she won't appear, I really want Galar and Leon to stand out on their own.

I imagine Leon having powerful and majestic pokemon on his team. In my guesses: Charizard, Tyranitar, Aegislash, Lucario, Pyroar, and Kommo-o

I imagine Leon having powerful and majestic pokemon on his team. In my guesses: Charizard, Tyranitar, Aegislash, Lucario, Pyroar, and Kommo-o

His team will be full on OU/Ubers thonk at this rate.

I've only ever had a problem with Cynthia's Milotic tbh. But I'm hoping she won't appear, I really want Galar and Leon to stand out on their own.

Remember Spiritomb? When it had no counters? Yup, fun times. Made me cry.

I really hope there's an amazing story written for this game. Leon's profile description just sounds too perfect even for a champion, and the League association buisness sounds fishy. Not to mention the sponsors actually sound important. I wonder if there's going to be a conspiracy between the League, the association and the sponsors. All the pieces seem to point at a financial conspiracy of the Galar league.

It would be really dramatic if the E4 are planted from the association to keep Leon in check.

I really hope there's an amazing story written for this game. Leon's profile description just sounds too perfect even for a champion, and the League association business sounds fishy. Not to mention the sponsors actually sound important. I wonder if there's going to be a conspiracy between the League, the association and the sponsors. All the pieces seem to point at a financial conspiracy of the Galar league.

It would be really dramatic if the E4 are planted from the association to keep Leon in check.

I hope the sponsors, as irrelevant as they sound, bring in a ton of variety to the game. Whether they are small mom and pop shops to huge department stores, I expect Galar to be economically thriving!

Calling it now, Leon didn't become Champion on own strength.

Like Ghetsis, Rose has already set his evil plan in motion by endorsing Leon and turning him into Galar's hero by making him an unbeatable Champion.

And to do that, he bribed any opponents that fought Leon to take the dive so he could make Leon an unbeatable Champion.

I expect him to now give an endorsement to a trainer and let that trainer overthrow Leon so that Galar is in ruins because their unbeatable Champion turns out to be beatable and so Rose can climb to fame.

Half of me hopes this doesn't happen since I want Leon to be super powerful on his own, but judging by the vibes we're all getting from Rose, this seems to be at the very least, plausible.

I expect him to now give an endorsement to a trainer and let that trainer overthrow Leon so that Galar is in ruins because their unbeatable Champion turns out to be beatable and so Rose can climb to fame.

Inb4 the Trainer is Hop. Oh the clash!

Calling it now, Leon didn't become Champion on own strength.

Like Ghetsis, Rose has already set his evil plan in motion by endorsing Leon and turning him into Galar's hero by making him an unbeatable Champion.

And to do that, he bribed any opponents that fought Leon to take the dive so he could make Leon an unbeatable Champion.

that story makes.....no sense.

I think the Champion Cup participants could be chosen in a similar way to the Title Defense matches, except that it wouldn't have villains (unless they pull a BW). Possible candidates:

-The rivals (99% confirmed)
-The PC you didn't choose
-Rose & Oleana (unless they're evil)
-Sonia (unless she's evil:wynaut:)
-Another battle-related character
-A foreigner (only in the postgame though)

I think the Champion Cup participants could be chosen in a similar way to the Title Defense matches, except that it wouldn't have villains (unless they pull a BW). Possible candidates:

-The rivals (99% confirmed)
-The PC you didn't choose
-Rose & Oleana (unless they're evil)
-Sonia (unless she's evil:wynaut:)
-Another battle-related character
-A foreigner (only in the postgame though)
Well, if they are doing something similar like Gen VII, then the first two times the opponents are fixed and afterwards they are random.

Back
Top Bottom