• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Champion and Elite Four Speculation

I could only see them doing away with the E4 specializing in types if they gave them some other team-building definition. Because just fighting 5 high level mix-and-match teams in a row seems kind of unnecessarily same-y.

To be completely fair, you can make that argument towards [insert fighting any Gym Leader here] that at the core of it all, your experience fighting any of them would be "unnecessarily same-y". It can be argued that fighting type-specialized Elite Four members isn't really all that different than fighting your average Gym Leader -- there is no level of uniqueness with their teams because the player has experienced it all beforehand -- so personally I think it'd make more sense, if anything, to follow the Champion's lead and not specialize at all, just so there's a level of unpredictability in what Pokemon they would use.

Food for thought, at least. =P

I agree.

Especially about Electric. I hadn't realized that there has never been an Electric E4.

Even better, why not an Electric type Champion?

To be completely fair, you can make that argument towards [insert fighting any Gym Leader here] that at the core of it all, your experience fighting any of them would be "unnecessarily same-y". It can be argued that fighting type-specialized Elite Four members isn't really all that different than fighting your average Gym Leader -- there is no level of uniqueness with their teams because the player has experienced it all beforehand -- so personally I think it'd make more sense, if anything, to follow the Champion's lead and not specialize at all, just so there's a level of unpredictability in what Pokemon they would use.

Food for thought, at least. =P
Hm, you make a valid point. I still think the E4 should have something keeping their team consistent, though. Like, I know people will bring up Lance. Yeah, he has Pokemon that aren't dragon-type. But Aerodactyl and Charizard and such DO fit into the draconic theme he has going for his team.

Like, idk, it'd be neat if each member focused in a different weather, or terrain, or room, or something. Some feature other than type to choose which Pokemon they use.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter.

To the people that bring Lance up as someone that's not specialized: Please remember that his team looks like that because the Dragon-Type was really limited at the time, so they gave him Pokémon that look like dragons. Otherwise, he would only use the Dratini line and Kingdra just like Clair.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why they didn't fix that in HGSS and B2W2 but I guess it falls into the grandfather clause.

To kind of do something new, I'd really like the E4 to specialize in biomes instead of types. It's something I've seen brought up about reinvigorating gyms in the past, but the gyms in Galar look type-specific.

For example, the ocean E4 would have mostly water and ice types, but also Eelektross and stuff like that. The mountain E4 would have ground and rock, but also Crobat, etc. The city E4 would have normal and steel but also Honchkrow, etc. The forest E4 would have grass and bug, but also some fairies or something. The idea can definitely be refined. Lol

The building will be based on the Windsor Castle but much larger than the real life castle.

That'd be cool if they used all real-fictional people as E4 and Champion.

Examples:

Robin Hood
King Arthur

Etc.

So the Robin Hood person would have a Decidueye for the arrows. King Arthur a Aegislash.

That'd be cool if they used all real-fictional people as E4 and Champion.

Examples:

Robin Hood
King Arthur

Etc.

So the Robin Hood person would have a Decidueye for the arrows. King Arthur a Aegislash.

Sweeney Todd lol

Thinking about it, even if it not be the villain like people are speculating, Leon is very likely to play some important role on the plot, or at least to be more relevant than previous champions were, otherwise there would be no reason to reveal it so early.

Thinking about it, even if it not be the villain like people are speculating, Leon is very likely to play some important role on the plot, or at least to be more relevant than previous champions were, otherwise there would be no reason to reveal it so early.
Not only that, the only other time we knew who the Champion was very early (Alder in BW) he ended up not being the final boss of the game.

Because they introduced us to Champion Leon, I'm now fully convinced he will not be the actual champion you fight at the end. It will probably be Sonia.

Hmm... I'm curious do you think it is possible that whatever will happen with Leon will be tied to Gigantamaxing, like Dynamaxing is the normal way which is weaker but safer while Gigantamaxing is the dangerous forbidden technique version which carries a hefty price if used.

Back
Top Bottom