• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Pokemon Chess - Final Round

Typhlosion H4>H7
ERROR: Typhlosion is ExLight's Pokemon. I do admit it, telling apart shiny and non-shiny variants of certain Pokemon, Typhlosion included, is hard. Should I maybe put a red * to their sprites on field, akin to how shinies are marked in PC Box in games?

pk chessboard blue.png
Darth's Blaziken was getting ready to move into a better position for attack - when suddenly a blast of water from Hydro Cannon hit it from across the field, knocking it off its feet.
Shiny Blastoise, standing right in the middle of the arena, proceeded to move towards its opponent, firing its cannons alternately. Blaziken stood back up with some trouble, but ready to fight back. Dodging several more water streams, it catapulted itself into a High Jump Kick attack...
...Which completely missed incoming Blastoise, causing the Blaze Pokemon to crash into the ground, disappearing briefly in a cloud of dust.
Blaziken is unable to battle!

ERROR: Typhlosion is ExLight's Pokemon. I do admit it, telling apart shiny and non-shiny variants of certain Pokemon, Typhlosion included, is hard. Should I maybe put a red * to their sprites on field, akin to how shinies are marked in PC Box in games?
In your defense the starters don’t exactly have major pallet changes with their shinies. Mudkip line and charizard are really the only obvious ones in this game.

I feel like mirroring the sprites is also a viable option instead of signalizing with an asterisk
the ones facing down could be from the top player and the ones facing up could be from the botom player

lol nvm I did it to see how they would look like and it's kinda goofy

another option would be to give them a thematic color like painting all of them blue or red

pk chessboard blue.png
As Cyndaquil skittered through the battlefield, avoiding bigger Pokemon in hope of getting to the Rare Candies in last row, a Smokescreen suddenly blocked its vision. It was noticed by its shiny evolution.
Typhlosion obviously wasn't going to let it get any power ups. It quickly closed the distance, going into a Flame Charge midway through and then following with a Shadow Claw. The Fire Mouse Pokemon stood absolutely no chance against ferocity of its attacker and soon found itself down.
Cyndaquil is unable to battle!

Back
Top Bottom