• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Christmas Bash used in Japan!

Shift

Button Pusher
Reaction score
I just found something very interesting out. Watching the Spiritomb/Bibarel eps, at the end was a commercial for what seemed to be a contest to get things like a Pokedex DP, the 10th movie DVD, and such. Anyway, guess what was playing in the background? Yep, it was the Pokemon Christmas Bash song from that CD from 4Kids. Crazy stuff, huh? I wonder how many of the other American Pokemon songs they brought over there?

Actually, the entire first movie album (pop soundtrack) was released in Japan.

Actually, the entire first movie album (pop soundtrack) was released in Japan.
Well, only about a third of those songs actually seemed to relate to Pokemon. I meant more along the lines of songs from 2BA Master and Totally Pokemon.

When the Japanese site for movie 7 opened, the preview trailer used Pokemon Dance Mix from the 2BA Master CD.

It's too bad that they're not afraid to use the US's music while PUSA is to use theirs...

Yeah, but Japan uses English all the time. It's even a standard study course because English is so universal, while Japanese is usually optional or not included in most English schools.

Well, only about a third of those songs actually seemed to relate to Pokemon. I meant more along the lines of songs from 2BA Master and Totally Pokemon.

The first movie soundtrack consisted mostly of b-sides and covers that were thrown together into an album, and it still sold over 2 million copies.

Also, I recall that the Pokemon X CD was available for import on the Japanese Amazon site.

What's wrong, Japanese producers?

Did you run out of music SO badly that you use American track? That's sad.

I know you complain about D/P, but....wow...just...wow...

Yeah, but Japan uses English all the time. It's even a standard study course because English is so universal, while Japanese is usually optional or not included in most English schools.

This is because everyone living in countries that aren't the U.S or U.K needs to learn a second, third or even fourth language otherwise you'll be seen as retarded, by both native english speakers and by your fellow citizens of the country you're from.

Plus english phrases are ridiculously trendy in Japan for some reason.

Erm, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it just a case of popularity over there? While it's true some basic english is required, I believe most Japanese are very terrible at it. At the end of the day they just use English because it sounds cool, not because they're really trying to be universal.

Edit: The curse of posting at the exact same time...

Really? I've heard English is a standard in most non-English countries.

Dogasu hopefully can answer this.

Well, I've been posting on a Japanese Pokemon message board (not Pokeani), and a lot of people there don't seem to know English very well.

And I've also seen that, people like to give random English names for the titles of their threads. XD

Should I laugh, cry, or mutilate myself with that statement?

You're tourturing me Maxim!

I used to have a short video of Pokemon de English, which was a short segment somewhere that taught phrases from the dub... the video I had featured Musashi and Kojirou, and I'm pretty sure the phrase taught was "Prepare for trouble".

It was after watching this that I realized the Japanese are insane.

Now I think they're utterly masochistic. Who in their right mind would want to subject their poor ears to something horrible like Pokemon Christmas Bash?! I still haven't recovered from last Christmas.......

ETA: W00t, 800 posts.

Is that song that played during the part where they showed a clip of the Bibarel episode (came right after the Mismagius Lecture) a PKMN Bash song? I can't tell as it sounds kinda Japanese, but it's really cool.

Is that song that played during the part where they showed a clip of the Bibarel episode (came right after the Mismagius Lecture) a PKMN Bash song? I can't tell as it sounds kinda Japanese, but it's really cool.
Nope.

I wonder what it is? It sounds awesome and I even thought maybe it was a preview of a future Opening/Ending (like how Haruka's Theme was played prior to it in the show).

Well, I've been posting on a Japanese Pokemon message board (not Pokeani), and a lot of people there don't seem to know English very well.

And I've also seen that, people like to give random English names for the titles of their threads. XD

You know, not being a Japanese speaker/reader myself, I always wonder what's going on in the heads of Japanese forum goers (and whether the anime writers pay attention to them)...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom